Tired of seeing enemies as red outlined silhouettes

+

TJXXX

Forum regular
This happens especially with the Threat Detector mod for your eyes. I know its a useful feature for tracking bad guys, but I feel like I'm missing out detailed NPC models because of this which is also kind of immersion breaking.

I dunno, is it just me that finds this feature annoying? Maybe they could turn down the red intensity or something or have the option to turn it off with a key press. It's especially bad during night time fights where enemies are just literal red silhouettes.

Yeah I am of two minds on this. I agree it is too cartoon looking and makes it so Game-ish that it hurts the immersion but at the same time you can turn it off and not use it but then it is VERY useful for combat so... yeah.

I had the same exact issue in Oblivion with the magic shaders. I hated the Disney Cell look of them so much I made a mod to make the magic shaders less cartoon like and more "Organic".

Duke patrick's magic you can believe in:
1614834796978.png

How could we make the effect look more movie like and less game like?

Maybe ghost like:
1614835320335.png

Maybe Xray:
1614835984811.png

shadow:
1614835808483.png

Last edited:
Now this is useful info! I will remove that mod from V's kiroshi asap. After playing of several hundred hours is this 'red' look too much red ;). Ability to switch it on/off with a key would be perfect.

I think the tag effect you can apply to them when using the scanner function would be a better visual for it. Just being able to tell someone is there rather than seeing their outline.

I think the tag effect you can apply to them when using the scanner function would be a better visual for it. Just being able to tell someone is there rather than seeing their outline.

I like that, that would make using the shoot thru the walls guns a little less OP as well!

Top Bottom