Titanfall 2 - Mobility and Momentum

+
The gameplay is excellent HUGE fan of Titanfall 1 and Titanfall 2 gameplay does not disappoint. about 150h into the MP aswell.

HOWEVER. The SP was a disappointment for me. It was far too narrow of a story to tell. I would have liked to have seen more of the "world" of Titanfall than what was presented.

i already completed the single player and i play every day the multiplayer,
yes, that part of the game is awesome, titanfall 2 has some cool elements that could fit realy well cp2077,

animalfather;n7150770 said:
The gameplay is excellent HUGE fan of Titanfall 1 and Titanfall 2 gameplay does not disappoint. about 150h into the MP aswell.

HOWEVER. The SP was a disappointment for me. It was far too narrow of a story to tell. I would have liked to have seen more of the "world" of Titanfall than what was presented.

My boys played it. The SP looked like a lot of fun!

But it really sums up the issue with the "quality over quantity" argument. I didn't buy the game because it was just too little. Sure, fun, but 5 hours? 7 tops? No.

I know people get on W3 for having too much filler content, and they are right to a point, but W3 was CDPRs first open world game. I'm hoping they trim the filler content but still have a lot of great gameplay and story.

It's just really hard to tell a great story in as short a time as Titanfall 2 had. You really felt like you were playing an accelerated vignette. Or, in my case, watching.

I'm really hoping the "gamey" combat in Titanfall isn't used in CP2077.
​I'd much prefer something closer to Arma3 if it's going to be FPS (as I suspect it will be).

Suhiira;n7151830 said:
​I'd much prefer something closer to Arma3 if it's going to be FPS (as I suspect it will be).

Absolutely the same.

Although..if your REF or INT, BOD, LUCK or MA hit 15 or so...sure. I'd be fine with some crazy stuff. Otherwise, no.

Suhiira;n7151830 said:

Yes actually i think titanfall looks too much gamey in gameplay i will hope they don't use it at all... Also if will be only FPS i doubt i will take the game even only in consideration we have Deus Ex,Hard Reset,Call of duty and so on and so on for that but i don't think CD project will make this mistake..

Titanfall 2 is a fast-FPS "I run, I see, I shoot" (awesome game tho, love to play it), I highly doubt Cyberpunk would look close to it, gameplay wise.
Can't compare Deus Ex, Mass Effect, Fallout and Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament.

Now, yes, as Sard said, if you get some cyber', you'd be able to run on wall, having godlike reflexes, etc...
Otherwise, I don't see Cyberpunk being an Unreal Tournament FPS kind of game.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n7151830 said:

Probably will be TPS, since customization is playing a bigger role here. This is over the top, of course, and I'm not expecting Mass Effect Charge but gameplay will have to rely/encourage mobility, or cover pop-a-mole (even with good gunplay) for longer length game will get tedious, FAST.

Well, when you come down to it pop-a-mole is closest to real life combat.

If you're looking for a fast paced action game I suspect (read: Hope to hell) CP2077 isn't the game for you.

Mebrilia;n7183920 said:
how about suggesting to take inspiration from something that isn't a FPS for a change?

Probably requires going too far back in time for that kind of example-game to be relevant anymore.

Yeah, I don't really like the trendings of today and how that shit ripples throughout the market.

Last edited:
Seems to me a lot of people just want a fast paced shooter in a futuristic era forgetting that this game is mainly for people that are Pen and Paper fun and never got the title they deserved... Mike Pondswith it self told that he don't want to see a Cyberpunk title that of cyberpunk have only the title.....

It is like: Let's make a D&D game!

And then you release a god of war in the D&D universe..

Mebrilia;n7184040 said:
Seems to me a lot of people just want a fast paced shooter in a futuristic era forgetting that this game is mainly for people that are Pen and Paper fun and never got the title they deserved... Mike Pondswith it self told that he don't want to see a Cyberpunk title that of cyberpunk have only the title.....

you don't know what this game will be. nobody does. but it definitely isn't "mainly for pen end paper players". cdpr make games for a large, relatively mainstream audience. sure, they might do more unconventional things than bigger developers dare, but they are not trying to make niche games.
is cyberpunk only cyberpunk if it has pretty much the same ruleset as the tabletop version? if only a subset carries over, but the feel is there is it not cyberpunk? I don't know what Mike's threshold is. but I don't think anyone thinks it will be a straight up shooter.

Cyberpunk pen and paper is also designed to give the setting a feel... Take in consideration even the roles it have... Cop Netrunner Corporate Nomad and so on and so on.... I am not pretending this to be a turn based straight implementation of the ruleset... But i expect this to be a RPG that will carry the pen and paper stat and skill, implant sistem implementing it in a Third person game (the optimal choice for an RPG)...

After all Cd Project told that import your character in the pen and paper will be possible... Their word not mine...

So they already created some expectation and as fan of the pen and paper game i want a cyberpunk game... Not a shooter theme park or a Grand Theft Auto: Night City not for sure another Deus Ex we have already one...

And trust me there is who wants this to be a shooter... Look all the past Post and you will see a lot of people talking about... Shooting mechanics... First person smoothnes and reactivity... Overall shooting feels.. and so on and so on...

Also you want to avoid fighting in Cyberpunk... is the last resource...Combat in cyberpunk is Deadly

Last edited:
Yep, the feel of a PnP RPG vice that of an action shooter is what CDPR should be going for.
There are TONS of action shooter titles out here, you really think they should try to compete with COD (or whatever your favorite FPS is)?

While there's no need to make CP2077 play like a table-top game there's also no need to make it GTA: 2077. A player shouldn't be able to outgun the police in the long run. Sure, you can probably deal with the first response unit but within minutes MAXTAC will arrive ... then you're toast ... period. Because if a street punk can outgun MAXTAC the game has serious flaws as an RPG.

lord_blex;n7184170 said:
you don't know what this game will be. nobody does. but it definitely isn't "mainly for pen end paper players". cdpr make games for a large, relatively mainstream audience. sure, they might do more unconventional things than bigger developers dare, but they are not trying to make niche games.

I think they are trying to take typically niche preferences in video gaming like in-depth story, mature themes and full-on commitment to the RPG and make them -so- good they attract people outside the niche.

But, yeah, in lots of ways they do things that belong to a niche market.

It is going to be interesting indeed to see how this is "Cyberpunk 2020" and not "Generic Cyberpunk".

lord_blex;n7184170 said:
cdpr make games for a large, relatively mainstream audience.

I'm not pointing this message directly at you but I feel here's little thought mistake people keep making: Mainstream game doesn't equal FPS.

I know most of the popular games today tend to be some kind shooters and very often FPS ones but I don't think they're mainstream because of that FPS aspect. A big deal about the success of a game comes down to marketing: TW3's success has a lot to do with how CDPR managed to push the game well into US market and got big names behind them to support TW3. Of course, the game itself was good too but that alone doesn't make a mainstream game.

I could easily see something else than FPS becoming mainstream if the marketing and timing match correctly and the actual game is fun, engaging and easy to approach.

ALL games appeal to a niche market ... currently FPS games are simply a large niche. I believe the most widely sold and played games at the moment are mobile aps ... so they're the "mainstream".

Top Bottom