To all people experiencing troubleshootings after patching: maybe you should do a fresh install ?

+
Hi everyone,

I see a lot of you folks are experiencing with new glitches, bugs, and troubleshootings after patching your game.
I saw that on 1.06, 1.1, and now of course 1.2 patch.

I never experienced these problems. I think it's because I always do a fresh install before any major patching.

I saw people around here solving issues by reinstalling the game (or starting a new game with a new character); so folks, maybe you should just do that to see if it's better for you ? :)

I really hope it will help.

Regards :)

Lol I just this minute made a thread saying the same thing.
Its worth a try isn't it! At least try it before giving up on the whole thing.

Anyway, unless a moderator removes my post due to it being a duplicate, I might just leave it up in case it helps more people see this suggestion.
:) :)

Last edited:
I have tried a fresh install. Three times and my game is crashing upon launch. It's maddening

P.c., I have deleted all User data and save games. Rebooted between steps. This whole thing started when I couldn't find the new "mod" folder. But since I updated to 1.2 the game gets to second the red engine logo and then dies. I have been sending the error reports when it crashes as well.

P.c., I have deleted all User data and save games. Rebooted between steps. This whole thing started when I couldn't find the new "mod" folder. But since I updated to 1.2 the game gets to second the red engine logo and then dies. I have been sending the error reports when it crashes as well.
Ahh sorry I don't play on the pc. Was hoping you had something similar going wrong that I had, but I'm on console. Hope you manage to get it working.

I actually made a fresh install by accident on my PS5, which I was playing on before. I loaded a previous save, checked my inventory to remind me which character it was and walked out of the apartment....crashed. Ofc I sent a report :rolleyes:

I seemed to be better after I reloaded.

Fun fact: I got to play the game on 1.0 for the first time (due to my mistake of deleting the game after unplugging external drive) while the update downloaded. I noticed A LOT of visual changes in the UI, bridges/alleys that aren't later in the game. My favorite was the intro outfit being in a "special" slot covering whichever clothes V wore (like transmod). THIS should be back in the game. Of course it was brief, the first time it crashed I had to wait for the mandatory update to finish (taking 4 hours on my connection).

So noticed a lot of issues with patch 1.2 until I also realized I had previously modified my game quite a bit with INI files.

Reinstalling the game with a fresh install corrected all of my issues. It no longer crashed, and draw distance
improved dramatically. The game now feels wayyyy more polished. I don't think this patch plays nice with previous alterations to the game like before.
So if you're having issues, before you blame the patch, try reinstalling the game before you cry foul.

I don't understand?
What difference could it give to re-install the game? I mean files on the HD should be the same? Or can it be a matter of load order?

I just finished the game off, delete the game including the saves (not the pics) and doing the fresh install.

For me, doing a fresh install got rid of this issue: Foot steps disappearing on reload and intermittently in many areas.

Edit: Well, it's back again.

Last edited:
inHi everyone,

I see a lot of you folks are experiencing with new glitches, bugs, and troubleshootings after patching your game.
I saw that on 1.06, 1.1, and now of course 1.2 patch.

I never experienced these problems. I think it's because I always do a fresh install before any major patching.

I saw people around here solving issues by reinstalling the game (or starting a new game with a new character); so folks, maybe you should just do that to see if it's better for you ? :)

I really hope it will help.

Regards :)
well jimmy ive reinstalled twice now and now it won't even run

Yeah, same thing happened to me. You have to make sure you get rid off everything in the CP folder before you reinstall, otherwise you may have ini files or mods you forgot about that are causing issues. I had a ini file screwing with the streaming which made the game crash before it even opened.

"TO ALL PEOPLE EXPERIENCING TROUBLESHOOTINGS AFTER PATCHING: MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO A FRESH INSTALL ?"

Do you mean to say that traffic in your game works fine? That cars never ever get stuck on intersections, or come to a dead-stop just like that?

"TO ALL PEOPLE EXPERIENCING TROUBLESHOOTINGS AFTER PATCHING: MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO A FRESH INSTALL ?"

Do you mean to say that traffic in your game works fine? That cars never ever get stuck on intersections, or come to a dead-stop just like that?

I mean a fresh install can solve many issues. I never say it will make your game perfect.

Why are you berating me for something I'm not responsible of and for trying to share tips to improve other players experience ? :)

I tested this with first hotfixes and after I confirmed it helped me resolve a lot of issues - every time a hotfix or patch dropped I did a clean reinstall.

I mean a fresh install can solve many issues. I never say it will make your game perfect.

Why are you berating me for something I'm not responsible of and for trying to share tips to improve other players experience ? :)
I'm not berating you, what ever gave you that idea!? I'm only asking if traffic in your game works fine. I've verified my game 2 times now, but still traffic gets stuck everywhere and nowhere in my game, and it's gotten worse since 1.2. But I don't see many players reporting problems with traffic, so presumably I'm the only one. Am using mods, so maybe that's what causing it.

Glad your game works well for you.

Traffic always dead stopped for no reason ever since the beginning randomly. Yeah, still there. Mostly when you get closer to downtown.

Top Bottom