To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that bad? By August 2015 Wither 3 had 16 (that's sixteen) free DLCs released and 15 (fifteen) different patches (not counting 1.01 on release day and 1.30 that came at the very end of August). Standards have indeed been lowered.
Orrrrr it could also be that there was a long holiday period very soon after Cyberpunk's launch, and then the huge incident in February. Witcher 3's release was followed by neither.

With 8 million of pre-orders and a lot of day one purchases (based on CDPR past track record, the hype and many 'embellished' previews) I don't think that's surprising. Not one of those purchases have been made knowing the quality problems and the issues of the game. Cyberpunk 2077 WAS the game everyone wanted to buy and play, that's right. Past tense. I've my doubts CP2077 will turn into another Skyrim (comparisons with GTA5 are not even worth considering due to the disparity in numbers)
If so, where is all that refunds then anyways?
And why would you want CP2k77 became a Skyrim with guns, don't you have a F3-4-76 exactly for that?
As for GTA with cyber-ware, should you go poke Rockstar Games, no?

People chose to believe what they want to believe. I believe in numbers and in historical precedents. Right now CP2077 averages around 7000 players in Steam with a Peak of 12000. Even the Witcher 3 does better than that.

Maybe in one year, the 'Complete Definitive Edition' With dozens of DLCs, Panam bi-sex romance and whatnot will sell like hotcakes and CDPR will have so much money they'll heat their offices by burning Euro banknotes in the stove. As it is now, all the signs point to a different outcome, but who am I to know what the future has in store? ;)

People chose to believe what they want to believe. I believe in numbers and in historical precedents. Right now CP2077 averages around 7000 players in Steam with a Peak of 12000. Even the Witcher 3 does better than that.

Maybe in one year, the 'Complete Definitive Edition' With dozen of DLCs, Panam bi-sex romance and whatnot will sell like hotcakes and CDPR will have so much money they'll heat their offices by burning Euro banknotes in the stove. As it is now, all the signs point to a different outcome, but who am I to know what the future has in store? ;)
Most single player games get a single playthrough from most users, also its not on the ps store. 48% of Witcher 3 sales in 2015 were on ps4.

Sorry, but for me it's not that bad... Maybe i prefer one big patch/fix every month rather than one little every week. (25Go the hotfix 1.21 on xbox with my poor net connection could be a little explanation :D)
Unfortunately, this has become common for patches on Xbox. Even small patches with a handful of fixes tend to be a few GB in size. The footprint of the game on the HDD often barely changes after the patch, which shows how much is being overwritten to apply just a few fixes. I'm sure there are many technical reasons for doing it this way and to be fair, it is not something unique to CDPR, but if you have an internet speed that is going to take a while to download these patches, then I can see why it would frustrate you to have "smaller" patches released more frequently.

Orrrrr it could also be that there was a long holiday period very soon after Cyberpunk's launch, and then the huge incident in February. Witcher 3's release was followed by neither.
Plus there was no super-duper next-gen version in the workings. I'd imagine we will get a lot of proper system upgrades with that one. In the second half of the year...

Maybe in one year, the 'Complete Definitive Edition' With dozens of DLCs, Panam bi-sex romance and whatnot will sell like hotcakes and CDPR will have so much money they'll heat their offices by burning Euro banknotes in the stove. As it is now, all the signs point to a different outcome, but who am I to know what the future has in store? ;)
I see often used the argument about average steam count. But do be mindfull that steam is only one of several platforms the game runs on. There's gog, whatever any of the consoles may use (if any) so data there is far from complete. Neither do we have data on what percent uses what, at least as far as I know.

In general, the more complex the game, the less effective it is to try to release individual fixes. Very often, that just leads to breaking other things without meaning to and later having to go back and undo those fixes, come up with new ways of handling it...while still having original bugs that haven't even been addressed yet...

A much more efficient and effective way of patching is usually to deal with whole systems all at once, try to fix as much as possible, then release a big patch that creates a good foundation to build on. It's the difference between taking your time to pull a ship out of the water, put it up in dry dock, and take it apart to replace the damaged parts...versus trying to run around spot-welding plates to the hull every day while continuing to take on water.

Well not gonna lie if they will manage to to finally accept even bug free the game is just a mediocre looter shooter with a few good moments in the story and they will start to bring open world content and more roleplay option i would even be ready to forgive them but as it stand.

I am still waiting for the RPG for Adult i was promised.

And i honestly don't have much hope in regard nor i feel like believing blindly on what they say.

Sorry.

Well not gonna lie if they will manage to to finally accept even bug free the game is just a mediocre looter shooter with a few good moments in the story and they will start to bring open world content and more roleplay option i would even be ready to forgive them but as it stand.

I am still waiting for the RPG for Adult i was promised.

And i honestly don't have much hope in regard nor i feel like believing blindly on what they say.

Sorry.
Personnaly, i pre-ordered the game and i never watched anything (except some trailers and few news).
I haved play many "RPG" like Bethesda, The Witcher (to quote only those).
I was hoping for :
-First person view.
-A great futuristic city.
-A good story (A true 18+).
-A long story...
-A integral french version (fed up with subtitled games).
-Character evolution with skill points.
-Useful and fun hacking.
-Lot of loots.
-Originals weapons.
-Nice cars/bikes.
-Nice clothes.
-A little bit of craft.
I think, I can't really be disappointed (maybe "RPG" it's not what i was thinking) :)
Yes, there is (lot) bugs and problems. But for me, all the great things "overlap" completly all the problems.

But if you espected something else, i can understand that you can be not really happy. And if you think that it will become different, i also understand your doubts ;)

To be honest I just wanted no bugs. I wanted a game that would work great no matter what it turned out to be... :cry:

To be honest I just wanted no bugs. I wanted a game that would work great no matter what it turned out to be... :cry:
A game like this with no bug ? It's not a hope, it's a dream :D
I haved played a lot of games with as many bugs and problems (if not more). I'm probably getting used to or simply or simply more forgiving over time :)

Last edited:
Now I don't remember but I think I played Fallout 4 on release. And it was nowhere near the brokness of Cyberpunk. The only other game that had such terrible start was Fallout 76. Even Mass Effect Andromeda worked better.

The only other game that had such terrible start was Fallout 76.
That was mainly because it wasn't what many Fallout fans wanted. I played it on Xbox from launch and it was no where near as bad as the online narrative made out and still will make out to this day. Unfortunately, CDPR have given the online world reason to turn their attentions on them and since the online gaming community is like the monster that feasts off its own shit, it will create negative drama to sustain itself.

That was mainly because it wasn't what many Fallout fans wanted. I played it on Xbox from launch and it was no where near as bad as the online narrative made out and still will make out to this day. Unfortunately, CDPR have given the online world reason to turn their attentions on them and since the online gaming community is like the monster that feasts off its own shit, it will create negative drama to sustain itself.

I honestly don't think what happened with Cyberpunk 2077 is just an ordinary Negative Drama . The game was advertized as something that it was not. Is normal that people are upset they have all the right to be.

Yeah, no.

They're never going to deliver the game they promised for 2077. Even if they do it for Cyberpunk 2 or whatever their sequel is, they're dead to me.

Can't believe I even believed they could've held up to their promises, the days of honest companies is over.

Never buying another CDPR product again.
Call me a short-sighted fanboy or whatever but CDPR is the only company Im willing to pay more than 5 bucks per game. Sure, CP2077 is buggy but the game itself hasnt disappointed me.

I honestly don't think what happened with Cyberpunk 2077 is just an ordinary Negative Drama . The game was advertized as something that it was not. Is normal that people are upset they have all the right to be.
No, I would agree. The initial and continued negative response due to the state of the game on a technical level (which is being addressed) and due to the disparity between what was hyped in terms of features and what we've got (not really been addressed yet) was down to CDPR's decision to release the game before it was ready and compound the mistake by not even being upfront about it and that is justified. However, the online community will continue to use this game and CDPR as their whipping boy regardless of what happens at this point. That is until something else comes along to provide the fuel that Youtubers require for their fire.

Guest 3847602

Even Mass Effect Andromeda worked better.
Not for me. I remember having horrible memory leak, when I'd start the game it would use about 6 GB of RAM, after hour - hour and a half it would rise to 12 GB and cause massive stuttering. I had to restart my PC to continue playing because simply quitting to desktop and starting the game again wasn't enough to lower the memory usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom