To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
like i did on ps4 - but aside of the performance and technical issues im also telling them its not even close what they would expect from the various trailers on the net. i also mention its more a lootshooter than an openworld rpg and that they shouldnt expect anything from the famous cgi and feature trailer before 2018. If they are interessted howsoever i point on reviews for both performance and lore-discussions in forums and boards. also i tell the truth about keanus part and what got lost for his spot in the game - just 2/8 i talked to have bought it afterwards. one on pc one on ps5. both said i was right in nearly everything i said tho. the ps5 user likes it for getting another shooter on his list. the pc player likes the artwork but both agreed its not the game they expected it to be.
lootshooter ? Shooting here is absolutely not mandatory. It would be weird when you have shooting enemies to not have this option, but it is up to you how to play it.

lootshooter ? Shooting here is absolutely not mandatory. It would be weird when you have shooting enemies to not have this option, but it is up to you how to play it.
even if u go melee or netrunner its still more a looter than a rpg - thats why they renamed the genre midway to actionadventure instead the praised openworld rpg.

even if u go melee or netrunner its still more a looter than a rpg - thats why they renamed the genre midway to actionadventure instead the praised openworld rpg.
It is up to you if you want to loot or not. There is not mandatory stuff that you really need to collect by looting.

To make things clear, could you tell what particular elements of openworld rpg you are missing and why?
at first any kind of interaction they were so proud of, second way more character creation possibilities (after building your char pre-game) and ways to see them at all, third a lively, breathing world which was promised - without beta-max ai and physics. : /
Post automatically merged:

It is up to you if you want to loot or not. There is not mandatory stuff that you really need to collect by looting.
never said that? did i?

at first any kind of interaction they were so proud of, second way more character creation possibilities, third a lively, breathing world without beta-max ai and physics. : /

never said that? did i?
A lot of RPG games even don't have character creation.

at first any kind of interaction they were so proud of, second way more character creation possibilities (after building your char pre-game) and ways to see them at all, third a lively, breathing world which was promised - without beta-max ai and physics. : /

never said that? did i?
You said that it is its still more a looter than a rpg. And now I stop with this :)

A lot of RPG games even don't have character creation.

You said that it is its still more a looter than a rpg. And now I stop with this :)
your argumentation is getting a bit off... you asked me which elements i personally miss i just told you. and yeah if the map blinks like a lsd rainbow with thousands of colorful icons after every encounter it clearly feels like a looter. - i dont get your points... but glad that you gonna stop this :)

Let's see.
  • any kind of interaction — didn't get your point, could you be more descriptive on this one please.
  • way more character creation possibilities — check, that one was overly simplified. imo there is no much room for such a freedom in heavily story driven game experience, not a crime though.
  • breathing world — same as first one; for me it is only a marketing slogan, which is not a crime (unless you have to mortgage your own house to buy this game).
  • beta-max ai and physics — questionable; as I have said in previous posts: most cases when ai or physics not working is a streaming issues (being addressed atm), otherwise it just works but nothing super fancy, which again is not a crime.

Let's see.
  • any kind of interaction — didn't get your point, could you be more descriptive on this one please.
  • way more character creation possibilities — check, that one was overly simplified. imo there is no much room for such a freedom in heavily story driven game experience, not a crime though.
  • breathing world — same as first one; for me it is only a marketing slogan, which is not a crime (unless you have to mortgage your own house to buy this game).
  • beta-max ai and physics — questionable; as I have said in previous posts: most cases when ai or physics not working is a streaming issues (being addressed atm), otherwise it just works but nothing super fancy, which again is not a crime.
not a crime just lame tho. i agree. for the interaction part f.e. anything you could do aside of the gigs, they fe promoted the interactive display ads which react to v and lead her/him to shops. clubbing, or playing arcades or other minigames, as well as one of the current actively discussed thread about food/restaurants (no animaiton, we cant even sit anyware aside 2-3 scripted points in quests), using trains, calling a taxi/cab, romance just becomes irrelevant after their climaxx and some text msgs too, they implied you can go for many things "it depends on what you wanna spend all your dirty money on" - but in reality we cant do anything but questing.... no way to interact with a housing system as well. they built an awesome world but on second view this world is just empty and nothing to do next to story and side missions. so yeah not a crime, but for sure not the supposed "next generation of openworld gaming" as well - just rushed and incomplete. but thats not the time to get all the known stuff on the table again. its just sad that they couldnt fill the artwork with life - thats all.

Last edited:
not a crime just lame tho. i agree. for the interaction part f.e. anything you could do aside of the gigs, they fe promoted the interactive display ads which react to v and lead her/him to shops. clubbing, or playing arcades or other minigames, as well as one of the current actively discussed thread about food/restaurants (no animaiton, we cant even sit anyware aside 2-3 scripted points in quests), using trains, calling a taxi/cab, romance just becomes irrelevant after their climaxx and some text msgs too, they implied you can go for many things "it depends on what you wanna spend all your dirty money on" - but in reality we cant do anything but questing.... no way to interact with a housing system as well. they built an awesome world but on second view this world is just empty and nothing to do next to story and side missions. so yeah not a crime, but for sure not the supposed "next generation of openworld gaming" as well - just rushed and incomplete. but thats not the time to get all the known stuff on the table again. its just sad that they couldnt fill the artwork with life - thats all.
Ok. I have to admit that the marketing campaign could have created some false hopes exploiting players expectations. That's true.
CDPR management however made a statement that their marketing policies will be revised. We'll see about that.

But what is also true, is that every single promotional video had started with this: everything you see is potentially subject to change.
And guess what? They have changed it. Some aspects have evolved or were improved, but others was dropped altogether.
CDPR is in it's own right to make a game as they see fit.

Me personally was kind of sad at first, because I was expecting somewhat different game. But in the end I have dropped all my expectations and give game another chance. And you know what? I started to like it. I was stunned by insane amount of work CDPR have done creating the city and all the props, clothing, cars, character models — all looks so believable and real. Hell, on my first play day, I was sitting on the couch in my apartment and watching TV for half an hour, and there was a lot to watch.

As the game progressed, I realized it wasn't a sandbox, it was a theater. So I stopped trying to punch through the scenery and focused on the show.

Bottom line
I do believe that people seeking GTA-like sandbox in CP2k77 should consider contact RockStar Games in the way they seem fit in order to get so desired game.
I do agree that adding some additional activities as sitting, eating/drinking and so on, will add to overall immersionnes of the game. But I do not expect this to happen (unless by mods).

Personally, I beleive that CDPR can fix this game and that they will continue to invest in it. It's true that mistakes were made, mistakes that have real consequences on gamers. That being said, i think it's also important to weight in the balance what CDPR is doing to fix the game.

"Everything you see is potentially subject to change." Who here expected everything to change to worse? Is there one person here who expected the game to look nothing like the gameplays?
If you talking about this video, with the exception of the ability to run along the walls, everything else remained more or less the same.

"Everything you see is potentially subject to change." Who here expected everything to change to worse? Is there one person here who expected the game to look nothing like the gameplays?
I hoped certain things in the trailers would be cut because they looked incredibly boring and not the kind of thing I'd want to be doing repeatedly. For example, brain dances looked like they'd get old fast, as did a clip I recall of what looked like exploring a file system. My hope was that the developers either would realise that and dial back on those features or that the trailers were making them seem more important than they really were.

I was pleasantly surprised when they weren't a huge focus of the game.

Welll... true, very bad example. :LOL:
To be honest I should have known that the free roam will be terrible. They literally never showed it. But I thought that they don't see a guy/lass walking down the street for 5 minutes as a good representation of the game.

In my blackest scenarios I never thought that they would fail on seemingly the simplest of elements: the city itself.

Welll... true, very bad example. :LOL:
To be honest I should have known that the free roam will be terrible. They literally never showed it. But I thought that they don't see a guy/lass walking down the street for 5 minutes as a good representation of the game.
I've only played since 1.2 so I've had a very stable experience, and really enjoy the free roam. I think it helps that I never was excited about the game and hadn't intended to buy it from the marketing.

There's something incredibly well put-together about the quests and gigs that seems to suit my play style of exploring and going at my own pace / wandering around on a bike. For example, the connections between the news reports you stop to listen to and snippets in shards at crime scenes, for instance, about hackers, that then get contextualised in a Wakako gig where a netrunner is in danger of getting fried. They spin a web of seemingly background information that actually grows ever more coherent and central the more you explore.

Other things, too, like the way the quests draw you to different parts of the city and new things to encounter. I hadn't even realised there was a big park until I met a politician in its environs and suddenly had a whole new environment to explore.

I've never been interested in having pointless encounters with random NPCs. No matter how realistic they could be, in a game they either are story NPCs who matter or they aren't, and I can't get excited about having meaningless chats with them. Until AI is literally able to devise intelligent conversation (at which point we need to be scared), non-story NPCs will always feel meaningless in the end.

But I am very, VERY impressed by the way the worldbuilding is spun throughout the main quests, side quests, crimes and things you come across in random locations.

I was blown away with what they could do with the witcher 3 and Skelige. I loved the environments. I wanted Cyberpunk to be just as great to look at. And if you're in a big city, there must be thick traffic and thick crowd. And it has to feel real. Only pretty buildings won't cut it. I was expecting something like witcher with guns from the wicher makers.

I was blown away with what they could do with the witcher 3 and Skelige. I loved the environments. I wanted Cyberpunk to be just as great to look at. And if you're in a big city, there must be thick traffic and thick crowd. And it has to feel real. Only pretty buildings won't cut it. I was expecting something like witcher with guns from the wicher makers.
Side note: the entire population of W3 can be located on one big street of the Night City.

It's *possible* that we may see different things becuase of PC spec, don't know. The number of people looks about right to me. Compare eg big crowds in rush-hour in the centre and the distribution of people at other times (unless this is just coincidence on my part of time and place). Traffic is lower than real life but I don't think that's a bad thing as it would be impossible to drive (it's occasionally a bit glaring to see the long tailbacks simply stop rendering in the middle distance, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom