To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the 1.2 patch notes? Notice all of the critical bugs that were supposedly fixed on PC?

Yeah, I encounted none of those. So were those errors made up, or is it simply possible that the entire world doesn't revolve around your own personal experience?
Yes I read the notes and never said the entire world revolved around my experience, so please don't misquote or mischaracterize what I said. Was simply noting the experience I have had on the same platform you're using which has been a positive one thus far.

I wish there was a way to pay in installments too. Too bad my 60 eu were good from the get go. The game? Eh, not so much.

so they don't want to shelve cyberpunk 2077 but they also want to start working on 2 new AAA games at the same time in 2022. that honestly sounds impossible to me.
I think the really key word there is they want to "start" working on these new games in 2022.

To start work on a software project you don't need your whole software delivery team on it. You get a few people create proof-of-concept aspects, doing some investigation and beginning the scaffold required to put the overall project together. You only get your whole team involved on a project once you're in "factory mode" and you are churning out content, where all of the big/fundamental work has already been done by a small/focussed team.

The statements aren't really as incompatible as you might think.

"TO ANYONE STILL IN DOUBT: CDPR SAID THEY'LL CONTINUE WORKING ON THE GAME, SO IT CAN SELL FOR YEARS"

When the game released it was just the completion of it's foundation. Now construction has began of the building on top.

What does "fixing it" even mean?

Are they going to put in the cut content? Or just "fix" bugs?
Is their goal to make CP2077 as close to their hype as possible?

And when?
Not saying I'm impatient; just want to know what/when to expect, whether to hope they're trying to make the game be what I was led to believe it would be--if ever--so I can stop playing it until then. Cuz I'd like to try to forget as much of the story as possible so that, in the "years to come", the Cyberpunk 2077 experience will feel as close to "fresh" as possible.

And I need to coordinate my Red Bull™ and Doritos™ purchases.

Dont count on it maybe we will get post ending dlc but all the different endings are the best part of the game for me so I dont get the complaints.
wdym u dont get the complaints???
V dies in every ending and all u did is for nothing. Not only that but once the end credits roll by they put u back to before the final mission as if all u just did didn't even happen. Terrible endings.

wdym u dont get the complaints???
V dies in every ending and all u did is for nothing. Not only that but once the end credits roll by they put u back to before the final mission as if all u just did didn't even happen. Terrible endings.
Maybe for poeple who want to keep playing on the same save or just try an another Ending (if you have clear all the map, do all the endings, it's just end... time for stop or replay another character)
And if you don't have one happy ending, it's not good for you ?
Interesting :)

What does "fixing it" even mean?

Are they going to put in the cut content? Or just "fix" bugs?
Is their goal to make CP2077 as close to their hype as possible?

And when?
Not saying I'm impatient; just want to know what/when to expect, whether to hope they're trying to make the game be what I was led to believe it would be--if ever--so I can stop playing it until then. Cuz I'd like to try to forget as much of the story as possible so that, in the "years to come", the Cyberpunk 2077 experience will feel as close to "fresh" as possible.

And I need to coordinate my Red Bull™ and Doritos™ purchases.
This is what they said recently:
- Expansions are in the pipeline and not just consideration (after 15:00)

You mean the update that investors saw so little promise with that it caused their stock prices to crash even lower then they were? When investors are bailing, that should tell you something about how well that update was received.

You mean the update that investors saw so little promise with that it caused their stock prices to crash even lower then they were? When investors are bailing, that should tell you something about how well that update was received.
I give this just like an example of what CDPR stated, nothing else...

That video didn't tell me a darn thing.
As in, there were no specifics.

When I asked what "fixing" CYberpunk 2077 meant, I was really asking for a laundry list of changes being worked on, what the end goal was for Cyberpunk. They didn't even say whether they're only fixing bugs and errors... or whether there will be content and features which were cut put back in.
Do we get to ride the monorail?
Will we get mirrors in shops? Will we get to see V in reflections that aren't in bathrooms and only when you click?
Will the areas of the map that automatically turn you back be eliminated?
Will there be barbers and the like to change V's appearance?
Will clothing actually be important to how NPCs react to you?
Will we get to customize V's apartment?
Et cetera, et cetera, drek cetera... so many things teased or outright shown which are not in the final game, even after that deceptive E3 "demo".

Are those (and others) getting put back in?

And what kind of DLC are we getting? I don't want to wait several months just for it to be a few extra skins for V or something.
New missions? More story?
The prologue-y part that shows the six months after V meets Jackie...it seems pretty obvious that a lot of it was intended as actual playable content; is that what the DLC will be? (Can help feeling like we're supposed to get to know Mama Welles better and maybe see Jackie ask out Misty for the first time, kinda thing... so many characters get introduced in the game as if V already knows them, as if the player already knows them.)

They've basically told us absolutely nothing about what to expect in the future, and I'm sick of having my hopes up only to see them dashed upon release. Right now, my imagination is running wild and I just know I'll be disappointed. I want more info from CDPR about the content to expect in the future in order to manage properly my expectations.

Yanno?

When I asked what "fixing" CYberpunk 2077 meant, I was really asking for a laundry list of changes being worked on, what the end goal was for Cyberpunk. They didn't even say whether they're only fixing bugs and errors... or whether there will be content and features which were cut put back in.
Will we get mirrors in shops? Will we get to see V in reflections that aren't in bathrooms and only when you click?
Et cetera, et cetera, drek cetera... so many things teased or outright shown which are not in the final game, even after that deceptive E3 "demo".

And what kind of DLC are we getting? I don't want to wait several months just for it to be a few extra skins for V or something.
The prologue-y part that shows the six months after V meets Jackie...it seems pretty obvious that a lot of it was intended as actual playable content; is that what the DLC will be? (Can help feeling like we're supposed to get to know Mama Welles better and maybe see Jackie ask out Misty for the first time, kinda thing... so many characters get introduced in the game as if V already knows them, as if the player already knows them.)

They've basically told us absolutely nothing about what to expect in the future, and I'm sick of having my hopes up only to see them dashed upon release. Right now, my imagination is running wild and I just know I'll be disappointed. I want more info from CDPR about the content to expect in the future in order to manage properly my expectations.

Yanno?
They learned the lesson that they shouldn' t share details before everything is confirmed/developed. They mentioned this also in the video. The main point is that they don't plan to end only with the bugfixes...

Yanno?
"Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

If they try to give specifics on things that aren't ready yet then there's a risk they can't do them. Then, the specifics they promised aren't what you actually get.

If they don't give specifics, to avoid over-promising, then people start asking questions about the specifics.

CDPR have promised that there will be "years" of development effort still to go into CP2077. That doesn't necessarily mean "their whole delivery team" during all of that time but doesn't necessarily mean "2 devs in their lunch hours, every other Thursday" either.

We'll eventually get the fruits of that work as and when it's ready. There's a good chance that this will make the game better than it is right now. What's more to know?

I'm not saying that so much to defend them, but to illustrate that it's unlikely to make any difference to you. I presume you've already bought the game, so you're already all-in. What decisions do you have left to make which would be influenced by knowing what they're working on?
Post automatically merged:

support how? Im hoping that they will redesign gameplay entirely. PLS remove all this looter shooter shit from the game. So boring
Well that's not realistically gonna' happen. Perhaps you bought the wrong game. May I recommend the Far Cry franchise for next time?

CP2077 is an RPG as much as an FPS, and in modern RPGs "equipment upgrades" (and thus loot) are a core part of the formula.

In many ways I'm disappointed that the loot is so generic, like "all common weapons of the same item level have the same fundamental stats" etc. It's not looter-shooter-y enough for me :rolleyes:

I wouldn't buy a Soccer Manager game and then complain that I find soccer boring. I just wouldn't buy it.

Last edited:
If they try to give specifics on things that aren't ready yet then there's a risk they can't do them. Then, the specifics they promised aren't what you actually get.

Well, maybe CDPR shoulda thought of that before they jabber-jabber-jabbered about everything prior to CP2077's release.
I mean, they did kinda do it to themselves; it didn't have to be this way. If they'd kept their big yaps shut, there wouldn't be so much backlash.
And they did say that, in the future, they won't hype until closer to release, which is good...but...

...but that doesn't make me want to know what's coming any less than I already do. It doesn't make me wonder any less whether it's worth the wait; I'd rather give up completely than be disappointed again.

If they don't give specifics, to avoid over-promising, then people start asking questions about the specifics.

Again, that's their own fault.

They need to learn how to communicate with the public in ways which actually satisfy them.

CDPR have promised that there will be "years" of development effort still to go into CP2077. That doesn't necessarily mean "their whole delivery team" during all of that time but doesn't necessarily mean "2 devs in their lunch hours, every other Thursday" either.

But, again, what does that mean? What does any of that mean?

What is their end goal?
They have to tell us and mean it; if they disappoint us again, that's probably it for the company. Goodness knows that this is likely my first and last CDPR game unless something positively dramatic happens to this game in a very, very, very short amount of time. I'm not waiting "years" for them to get their thumb out and make the game they advertised.

...assuming they ever do.

And unless CDPR gives us details or they really, really, really surprise us with released-very-very-soon-now DLC, I will have exactly zero respect for the company and zero money for their products.
If you bought a car that only kinda-sorta worked the way the dealership told you it would, was a pale shadow of the advertising and hype, didn't have the features you'd purchased that were allegedly part of the vehicle, and you were told that the parts to make the car into what you paid for will be here years from now, y'ever buying a car from that company again? Me neither.

CDPR lost the confidence and good will of the gaming community, and to get it back, they'll have to be a lot better about this situation than they have been, and playing one's cards too close to one's chest is a recipe for disaster just as much as it turns out that bragging about stuff that won't be in the game happened to be.
We'll eventually get the fruits of that work as and when it's ready.

It's not ready now, but they released it anyway.

I've already played through it once; when the game is what we were told we'd be getting, the experience won't be fresh anymore. My first playthrough will never be the game I was told I was getting, and I know all the spoilers already.
It will take a lot from CDPR to make that okay.

There's a good chance that this will make the game better than it is right now. What's more to know?

What's more to know is how high my hopes should be.

...or how low. Right now, I know nothing but what has happened with Cyberpunk 2077 so far, and it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I'm not saying that so much to defend them, but to illustrate that it's unlikely to make any difference to you.

You don't know me.

I presume you've already bought the game, so you're already all-in. What decisions do you have left to make which would be influenced by knowing what they're working on?

What decisions do I have to make?

- Whether to bother playing the game ever again is a biggie. Will the DLC and patches make it worth it?
- Whether to ever trust CDPR ever again is another one. Will their treatment of CP2077 meet my standards of what a company that has royally screwed up ought to be doing to make up for it?
- Whether to ever buy anything from CDPR is that last reason's sibling. I mean, if CP2077 is what I can expect from this company, this much frustration and disappointment after a very, very long wait--the video game equivalent of socks for Christmas--why would I ever even consider buying another of their games? Ever?

You know...little things like that. And I'm sure I'm not the only person making this calculation in their head. CDPR might want to consider people like myself--probably a significant chunk of their player base, if the Steam forums are any indication--when they decide what to say, how much to say, and how to say it.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom