To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it's time for a wait and see approach, just because CDPR says something doesn't make it true. I'm hoping for the best, but it will take a lot of work to fix this game.

Are you this guy? 🠗
View attachment 11211082

Because reading posts like yours (over and over) I can't help it but every time I'm start hearing this tune.

Are you sure your rig is meet minimum criteria? Most of your mentioned problems are due to streaming engine not being able to finish it's job in time. So it may be a hardware (or whatever) issue on your side. Who to blame here?

P.S. I do not want to offend anyone. But it's getting just ridiculous.
P.P.S. I admit, even in the current state CP2k77 has problems, but I (apparently) was lucky not to come across almost anything from the list.
Its full on Youtube, reddit, here and so on of people that had serious issues with the game, of bugs, graphical issues, bad performance.
Argument from single experience is always fallacious.

And for your knowledge i meet minimum system specs. i5 6400 + GTX 1060 3GB + 16 GB 3200 Mhz + SSD.

Also why they could want to help me ?
Aside from Brick or Gustavo Ortas, I'm not sure they like me enough to fight by my side :D
(things often go wrong during our meetings)
Few times I wanted to do full pacifist run. Gangs executing civilians always stopped me from it. I think only Moxes are "good", they don't go around killing random people. Voodo Boys are lesser scumbags, same with Animals,but still scumbags.

Still, I would really appreciate the same approach as the Guerilla Games had with their Horizon: Zero Dawn PC release. With each patch they would release a note of what is still in the workings and which known ongoing issues they are aware of. Like how the game had a lot of loading screen crashes and that they are aware of those and working hard to solve it.
CDPR should do the same instead of keeping us in the dark all the time.

Still, I would really appreciate the same approach as the Guerilla Games had with their Horizon: Zero Dawn PC release. With each patch they would release a note of what is still in the workings and which known ongoing issues they are aware of. Like how the game had a lot of loading screen crashes and that they are aware of those and working hard to solve it.
CDPR should do the same instead of keeping us in the dark all the time.
it won't happen, especially with patches.

Its full on Youtube, reddit, here and so on of people that had serious issues with the game, of bugs, graphical issues, bad performance.
Argument from single experience is always fallacious.

And for your knowledge i meet minimum system specs. i5 6400 + GTX 1060 3GB + 16 GB 3200 Mhz + SSD.

My good sir, thank you for your kind answer.

Sorry to inform you, but your point is skewed. Because, how many people not having problems with CP2k77 will go on flooding social media with success stories? And how many otherwise? Anyway, my point is that CP2k77 problems theme is over hyped.

Basically, all CP2k77 issues can be separated into two major categories: ones that CDPR can address and ones that can not.

Here are couple examples of non CDPR issues:
These are examples of hardware and other issues on the end-user side that makes game experience unbearable. But on closer examination a solution was found in either case.

As for the problems that the CDPR can address, the streaming system remains the biggest (Mr. Iwinski said this in his apologetic video). I am 100% sure that this task has the highest priority. This task is as important as it is difficult. Therefore, it may take a long time to resolve. But solving it will automagically solve most of the problems on your list.

So let me ask you another question: are you prefer to be part of solution or part of a problem?

P.S. in case you interested, my specs are: i7-10700 + RX 470 4GB nitro + 64GB 3600 Mhz + SSD.
P.P.S. may be that one extra gig of vram makes all the difference for me, who knows...

Last edited:

Sorry to inform you, but your point is skewed. Because, how many people not having problems with CP2k77 will go on flooding social media with success stories? And how many otherwise? Anyway, my point is that CP2k77 problems theme is over hyped.

Basically, all CP2k77 issues can be separated into two major categories: ones that CDPR can address and ones that can not.

These are examples of hardware and other issues on the end-user side that makes game experience unbearable. But on closer examination a solution was found in either case.

As for the problems that the CDPR can address, the streaming system remains the biggest (Mr. Iwinski said this in his apologetic video). I am 100% sure that this task has the highest priority. This task is as important as it is difficult. Therefore, it may take a long time to resolve. But solving it will automagically solve most of the problems on your list.

So let me ask you another question: are you prefer to be part of solution or part of a problem?

P.S. in case you interested, my specs are: i7-10700 + RX 470 4GB nitro + 64GB 3600 Mhz + SSD.
P.P.S. may be that one extra gig of vram makes all the difference to me, who knows...
got a solution for old gen consoles as well? that for once is not the users fault or task to take his hand on but cdprs - who shouldnt have released this game on those platforms in knowledge the hardware cant handle their game - its all about money tho. numbers wouldnt be that high and record breaking if they would have skipped old gens and they knew it. now they try to make the best of it but also know they wont be able to get the game running smoothly on those platforms no matter what they gonna try. - its fixable for pc in a long term with much work and time - but old gen will never be "fixed" to a current standard. and thats the real issue - milking the consoles players money but not able to deliver not even with patches and fixes.

got a solution for old gen consoles as well? that for once is not the users fault or task to take his hand on but cdprs - who shouldnt have released this game on those platforms in knowledge the hardware cant handle their game - its all about money tho. numbers wouldnt be that high and record breaking if they would have skipped old gens and they knew it. now they try to make the best of it but also know they wont be able to get the game running smoothly on those platforms no matter what they gonna try. - its fixable for pc in a long term with much work and time - but old gen will never be "fixed" to a current standard. and thats the real issue - milking the consoles players money but not able to deliver not even with patches and fixes.
/trollmode on
Mr. Linus has an answer for you :*
/trollmode off

Yes, I know that console release was (and kind of is) a disaster, especially on PS4. So what?

Neither you, neither do I know the real options that CDRP have to solve "old-gen console" issue. But what I know, that they will do their best to solve it. They may fail though, and all valid points remains true.

But let me ask you a question: do you wish they succeed or you wish they fail?

I have faith. When I consider the quality of DLC they put out for Witcher 3, it tells me that these are people who do not abandon their games.

/trollmode on
Mr. Linus has an answer for you :*
/trollmode off

Yes, I know that console release was (and kind of is) a disaster, especially on PS4. So what?

Neither you, neither do I know the real options that CDRP have to solve "old-gen console" issue. But what I know, that they will do their best to solve it. They may fail though, and all valid points remains true.

But let me ask you a question: do you wish they succeed or you wish they fail?
i absoloudly wish that they succeed but after 2 patches and nearly no change in performance, textures and loading issues - my hope got low that the console hardware is able to work their fixes out. even the downgrade in graphics and lights changed nearly nothing in those regards. same issues worse artwork. so... yeah...

Faction system is outdated mechanic, not worked in Fallout 4 as it should. Won't work in future games, heavy on story, because it's not interesting (it wasn't fun in New Vegas also)

I disagree with that. Faction systems have always been great, New Vegas ones felt really good. Personally, I feel it would be great in Cyberpunk 2077 too with the gangs. I think CD project can find a way to incorporate it into DLCs if they want to, It gives V the choice to become an outlaw if he/she wants too with its consequences ( such as negative reputations with fixers, not being able to work with them or getting attacked by bounty hunters, something like that)

They can try to expand it on Corporates to make it more of deeper RPG that they aim for

Last edited:
Are you this guy? 🠗
View attachment 11211082

Because reading posts like yours (over and over) I can't help it but every time I'm start hearing this tune.

Are you sure your rig is meet minimum criteria? Most of your mentioned problems are due to streaming engine not being able to finish it's job in time. So it may be a hardware (or whatever) issue on your side. Who to blame here?

P.S. I do not want to offend anyone. But it's getting just ridiculous.
P.P.S. I admit, even in the current state CP2k77 has problems, but I (apparently) was lucky not to come across almost anything from the list.
My computer is way over minimum and I have experienced some of those bugs. I have an RTX 3090, the game is just a mess.

P.P.S. may be that one extra gig of vram makes all the difference for me, who knows...
"Sorry to inform you, but your point is skewed. Because, how many people not having problems with CP2k77 will go on flooding social media with success stories? And how many otherwise? Anyway, my point is that CP2k77 problems theme is over hyped."

My point was about existence of serious issues not about how many complain vs how not.

"As for the problems that the CDPR can address, the streaming system remains the biggest (Mr. Iwinski said this in his apologetic video). I am 100% sure that this task has the highest priority. This task is as important as it is difficult. Therefore, it may take a long time to resolve. But solving it will automagically solve most of the problems on your list."

My point was not about streaming issues. But about all issues which people even with beefy hardware encountered. Game being blurry does have to do with streaming issue. Grainy SSR does not have to do with streaming issue. Falling through map does not have to do streaming issue.
NPCs walking in mid air does not have to do with streaming issue. Being unable to open doors does not have to do with streaming issue. Takamura, Save bugs do not have to do with streaming issue. And so on.

"P.S. in case you interested, my specs are: i7-10700 + RX 470 4GB nitro + 64GB 3600 Mhz + SSD.
P.P.S. may be that one extra gig of vram makes all the difference for me, who knows..."

Then why say 3GB of VRAM its enough in syst req?

I disagree with that. Faction systems have always been great, New Vegas ones felt really good. Personally, I feel it would be great in Cyberpunk 2077 too with the gangs. I think CD project can find a way to incorporate it into DLCs if they want to, It gives V the choice to become an outlaw if he/she wants too with its consequences ( such as negative reputations with fixers, not being able to work with them or getting attacked by bounty hunters, something like that)

They can try to expand it on Corporates to make it more of deeper RPG that they aim for
I disagree, because it wasn't great in Fallout 4. It's isn't thing what makes Fallout NV very good game.

"I think CD project can find a way to incorporate it into DLCs if they want to, It gives V the choice to become an outlaw if he/she wants too with its consequences ( such as negative reputations with fixers, not being able to work with them or getting attacked by bounty hunters, something like that)"
The problem is, when I look at game, it is what it is and I didn't see any intentions to make something like that. It was never done by this developer and it would naive to think they would do something like this in future, for this game or another.
Faction systems are shallow (Fallout 4), grindy (World of Warcraft) and weird (New Vegas) mechanics. I'ts unnatural, boring,outdated mechanic.
There's literally one ending in NV, with variations 9always fighting for Hoover Dam, no matter what): House, Legion, NCR, independent - and you won't see effects of tjhis in game, you can only read about it during as summary of game, but it's not book it's video game...

"Sorry to inform you, but your point is skewed. Because, how many people not having problems with CP2k77 will go on flooding social media with success stories? And how many otherwise? Anyway, my point is that CP2k77 problems theme is over hyped."

My point was about existence of serious issues not about how many complain vs how not.
So I have failed to make my point clear then. I'm not denying existence of serious issues in CP2k77. All I'm trying to say is while being total mess for you it is still a great game for me and many others with none or minor issues. And judging by the number of returns relative to the total sales atm later is the majority.

"As for the problems that the CDPR can address, the streaming system remains the biggest (Mr. Iwinski said this in his apologetic video). I am 100% sure that this task has the highest priority. This task is as important as it is difficult. Therefore, it may take a long time to resolve. But solving it will automagically solve most of the problems on your list."

My point was not about streaming issues. But about all issues which people even with beefy hardware encountered. Game being blurry does have to do with streaming issue. Grainy SSR does not have to do with streaming issue. Falling through map does not have to do streaming issue.
NPCs walking in mid air does not have to do with streaming issue. Being unable to open doors does not have to do with streaming issue. Takamura, Save bugs do not have to do with streaming issue. And so on.
Okay, I have to admit that when I talk about a streaming system, I'm making assumption, but that's a reasonable assumption, and that's why:
  • Falling through map, it depends. If you see a hole in map and jump into it — not a streaming issue, but if fall because collision geometry (invisible one) did not load in time — it definitely is a streaming issue.
  • NPCs walking in mid air, collision geometry again — is a streaming issue.
  • Being unable to open doors, game logic is also streamed (surprise) — is a streaming issue.
I do not know what is Grainy SSR, sorry no comment on this one. As for Takemura and other bugs, yep it is not a streaming system issue.
But I want to notice that streaming system is key element of RED-engine foundation, and any issues related may be transformed into plethora of bugs of any kind.

And another one. About beefy or whatever hardware. Are absolutely sure you have your homework done? Do you have drivers and system updated, no hardware issues and what so ever?
"P.S. in case you interested, my specs are: i7-10700 + RX 470 4GB nitro + 64GB 3600 Mhz + SSD.
P.P.S. may be that one extra gig of vram makes all the difference for me, who knows..."

Then why say 3GB of VRAM its enough in syst req?
Technically you can run CP2k77 on minimum 3GB card, but recommended is still 6GB one.

So I have failed to make my point clear then. I'm not denying existence of serious issues in CP2k77. All I'm trying to say is while being total mess for you it is still a great game for me and many others with none or minor issues. And judging by the number of returns relative to the total sales atm later is the majority.

Okay, I have to admit that when I talk about a streaming system, I'm making assumption, but that's a reasonable assumption, and that's why:
  • Falling through map, it depends. If you see a hole in map and jump into it — not a streaming issue, but if fall because collision geometry (invisible one) did not load in time — it definitely is a streaming issue.
  • Being unable to open doors, game logic is also streamed (surprise) — is a streaming issue.
I do not know what is Grainy SSR, sorry no comment on this one. As for Takemura and other bugs, yep it is not a streaming system issue.
But I want to notice that streaming system is key element of RED-engine foundation, and any issues related may be transformed into plethora of bugs of any kind.

And another one. About beefy or whatever hardware. Are absolutely sure you have your homework done? Do you have drivers and system updated, no hardware issues and what so ever?

Technically you can run CP2k77 on minimum 3GB card, but recommended is still 6GB one.
"So I have failed to make my point clear then. I'm not denying existence of serious issues in CP2k77. All I'm trying to say is while being total mess for you it is still a great game for me and many others with none or minor issues. And judging by the number of returns relative to the total sales atm later is the majority."

My point its not that was a mess only for me. My point its was mess for me and many. Forums, Youtube, and so on prove this. Problems, bad performance, graphics issues, exorbitant amount of bugs are all on video and picture proof.
Much more then the usual problems people have with games.
To that likes of being a joke and failure like Fallout 76.

"Okay, I have to admit that when I talk about a streaming system, I'm making assumption, but that's a reasonable assumption, and that's why:
But I want to notice that streaming system is key element of RED-engine foundation, and any issues related may be transformed into plethora of bugs of any kind."

Its irrelevant if its a streaming issue or not. The fault lies with CDPR.
I don't care about specifics. I expect to buy a game and be able to play like I buy a phone and expect to work. Not to be annoyed. Its supposed to relax me being a hobby.

"And another one. About beefy or whatever hardware. Are absolutely sure you have your homework done? Do you have drivers and system updated, no hardware issues and what so ever?"

Reinstalled windows. Updated bios. Update graphics card drivers and windows to date. Disable overlays, unnecessary, game mode in windows off. No unnecessary programs open. No mods installed. The PSU its a Seasonic one. Game installed on SSD. Game priority highest in Task Manager. Overclocked GPU. Played at 1080p low/off, crowd density low. I even let my bro troubleshot my pc. He is more of an expert. Still nothing helps.

I have no problems with other games. Can play for example Metro Exodus at 100fps in open sections at 1080p low.

Hold on a minute. The way you put it seems like there is a guideline list of PC hardware that works best with the game. Like, down to what exact serial number range of parts we should look for in order to run the game without streaming issues.

"You're having technical problems with the game? Well, it's your fault for buying a PC that doesn't work with the game very well". Like... what??

Yeah, "hardware issues"...

Well I experience FPS drops and many glitches, flickering and missing textures, broken RT reflections, my rig:

AMD Ryzen 5600X
32Gb DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3200
RTX 3070 OC
3x SSD

Guess what ? Drivers all updated, VBIOS flashed to enable Resizable BAR, clean install, no mods, bla bla...

Game needs fixing, enough said. Let's give CDRP credit for trying hard to bring us solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom