To anyone still in doubt: CDPR said they'll continue working on the game, so it can sell for years

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on a minute. The way you put it seems like there is a guideline list of PC hardware that works best with the game. Like, down to what exact serial number range of parts we should look for in order to run the game without streaming issues.

"You're having technical problems with the game? Well, it's your fault for buying a PC that doesn't work with the game very well". Like... what??
thats just stupid - not the player need to make sure that the hardware is okay (either console or pc) - if a studio releases a game it has to make sure it runs on those platforms like intended. there is no way to tell the community what they have to add or adjust to make it work. i honestly cant understand how anyone can come up with this mindest at all.

Hold on a minute. The way you put it seems like there is a guideline list of PC hardware that works best with the game. Like, down to what exact serial number range of parts we should look for in order to run the game without streaming issues.

"You're having technical problems with the game? Well, it's your fault for buying a PC that doesn't work with the game very well". Like... what??
Of course not.
You may try to run CP2k77 on whatever hardware you please.

Question is: will it run like garbage or not. For me it runs pretty good. For others it may not.

So there is another question: will you try to find out what is wrong (or at least file a support ticket) or you will go flooding social media about how badly CDPR have treated you?

My opinion here is not to blame CDPR blindly. This hate train have gone beyond any reasonable limits.
Yes, they may have failed (but not for me) in some aspects but have succeed in others.

CDPR officials have stated that CP2k77 will not be abandoned, that bug fixes is on its way.
I don't want to make predictions, but I think it will take at least six months (a year likely) to fix most of the issues.

So, if CP2k77 have failed miserably for you, you should let it go. It will not get any better any time soon.
Otherwise you will have to wait for a long time.

I don't want to make predictions, but I think it will take at least six months (a year likely) to fix most of the issues.
the time they ditched to milk the xmas money - are u really suprised that people ride a hate train after the launche? like seriously? if i buy a car i want to drive it and not parking it in my garage for another 6-12 month. what kind of argument is this?

the time they ditched to milk the xmas money - are u really suprised that people ride a hate train after the launche? like seriously? if i buy a car i want to drive it and not parking it in my garage for another 6-12 month. what kind of argument is this?
Off course people buy full price games at release to wait 6 months to play. :LOL:
If i buy at full price at release i am expect to play.
I am not very picky. I played Skyrim in 2011 at 25-30 FPS. No complaints.
Even Stalker, Gothic and older Bethesda games which are known to be a bit buggy it did not bother me much.
But this kind of brokenness and bugginess like Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 its just unacceptable and ridiculous.

i absoloudly wish that they succeed but after 2 patches and nearly no change in performance, textures and loading issues - my hope got low that the console hardware is able to work their fixes out. even the downgrade in graphics and lights changed nearly nothing in those regards. same issues worse artwork. so... yeah...

Why don't you get a refund then and move on?
The game is perfectly fine by me. That is my argument.

CD Projekt's games love making the player make choices and suffer consequences. In this case CD Projekt made a choice to release an unfinished game. My complaining about it is the consequence. :D

Well in a nutshell: "It works for me so please if it's broken on your side, go elsewhere, I don't want to read about your issues".

Dude you should not roam on boards, it's about you know, sharing things, good or bad, and while CP2077 is a great game, yes, we experience heavy issues that should be adressed.

Off course people buy full price games at release to wait 6 months to play. :LOL:
If i buy at full price at release i am expect to play.
I am not very picky. I played Skyrim in 2011 at 25-30 FPS. No complaints.
Even Stalker, Gothic and older Bethesda games which are known to be a bit buggy it did not bother me much.
But this kind of brokenness and bugginess like Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 its just unacceptable and ridiculous.
I have preordered CP2k77 and it was perfectly playable on day one for me. Should I blame CDPR for that?

From the other hand I understand your discontent, I really do. I'm just pointing that whole situation is just bad but not ALL THAT BAD.

Normally I would agree with you and blame my own expectations as much as I blame CD Projekt. But all the budget, all the marketing and everything they told us over many, many years unfortunately makes it all that bad. :(
The cumulation of technical issues, cut out content and lack of communication is just too much. If the game lacked in only one of those fields, it wouldn't be so bad. You know, like with those triangles from the memes: "choose two"? But to fail in all three points??

Well in a nutshell: "It works for me so please if it's broken on your side, go elsewhere, I don't want to read about your issues".

Dude you should not roam on boards, it's about you know, sharing things, good or bad, and while CP2077 is a great game, yes, we experience heavy issues that should be adressed.
In a nutshell: people having issues with CP2k77 went sharing their pain all over the internet. Will it solve anything?

In a nutshell: people having issues with CP2k77 went sharing their pain all over the internet. Will it solve anything?

Well, those complaints achieved:

-An official apology from CDRP
-Removal of the game from PS store
-3 hotfixes and 2 major patches
-A continuous work from CDRP to improve the game according to the roadmap they published.

Guess it will not solve anything :shrug:

Well, those complaints achieved:

-An official apology from CDRP
-Removal of the game from PS store
-3 hotfixes and 2 major patches
-A continuous work from CDRP to improve the game according to the roadmap they published.

Guess it will not solve anything :shrug:
  • An official apology from CDRP — Check
  • Removal of the game from PS store — Questionable, is was Sony's decision to cut refunds announced by CDPR
  • 3 hotfixes and 2 major patches — Questionable, W3 was got many fixes and patches post release, no apologies given
  • A continuous work from CDRP to improve the game according to the roadmap they published — Check
Got your point. No further objections.

• An official apology from CDRP — Check
  • Removal of the game from PS store — Questionable, is was Sony's decision to cut refunds announced by CDPR
  • 3 hotfixes and 2 major patches — Questionable, W3 was got many fixes and patches post release, no apologies given
  • A continuous work from CDRP to improve the game according to the roadmap they published — Check
Got your point. No further objections.
since they cleary said "we werent aware consoles have so many issues - our testing was just fine" (LOL) - its pretty sure the com who said the game need major fixes and improvments. and sony did the right thing - cdpr just offered refunds without even asking or taking sonys refund policy into account - the blame is not on sony but on cdpr for "not beeing aware" what kind of trash they released on consoles tho. and honestly they cant tell anyone they didnt know the console game status pre-release - they surely did, without a doubt. considering dev leaks who told the management this game is by far not ready for the market.

Last edited:
I have faith. When I consider the quality of DLC they put out for Witcher 3, it tells me that these are people who do not abandon their games.
Many veterans who worked on the Witcher 3 no longer are employed with CDPR. Most of them left between 2016-2018. If we have to believe rumors, their departure was over 'creative differences'. (i.e. the management's vision and theirs was different so they either parted ways of were laid off).

Guest 3847602

Many veterans who worked on the Witcher 3 no longer are employed with CDPR. Most of them left between 2016-2018. If we have to believe rumors, their departure was over 'creative differences'. (i.e. the management's vision and theirs was different so they either parted ways of were laid off).
This rumour has little basis in reality. It's easy enough to compare TW3 credits to CP2077 credits and see for yourself how stupid this reddit theory is.
Most of the higher-ups are still at the company and were entrusted with pretty much the same tasks. It's standard industry practice for those on lower positions to move.

This rumour has little basis in reality. It's easy enough to compare TW3 credits to CP2077 credits and see for yourself how stupid this reddit theory is.
Most of the higher-ups are still at the company and were entrusted with pretty much the same tasks. It's standard industry practice for those on lower positions to move.
more than just one of the lead designer already left so which higher-ups are u talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom