To buff Ambush/Trap deck, buff Elven Wardancer

+
To buff Ambush/Trap deck, buff Elven Wardancer

This card is so bad, not because it's not good enough but because you'll need the best timing for putting trap on the battlefield. I always end up placing my trap first when this card still in my hand.

I think the best change is to give this card buff when it's in your hand.

Elven Wardancer

2 strength, Whenever you played an Ambush card while this is in your hand, add 4 strength to this unit.

Yeah, the problem with wardancer is that you need to place your traps first, especially fireball traps, before units appeared on that row.

Ecceptor;n6877420 said:
I think the best change is to give this card buff when it's in your hand.
That would be way off the charts. Giving it persistence, like some dwarves would be enough to make it useful.

I would actually suggest a change along the lines of Berserker:

Add 4 strength to this unit for each trap on the opponent's battlefield.

That way traps can be played first and Wardancer will still look for them later in the round.

Alternatively, (if it play-tests too strong) you can have her look for face-down traps. So the opponent will have to decide if they risk a Wardancer by playing around the trap, or set off the trap so Wardancer won't get a buff.

I think that fireball trap should be buffed, it has higher rarity than trapper but i think its obvious it is worse card, It should at least take more damage rather than only 5

bre3zer;n6883750 said:
Buff in hand wouldn't be too overpower imo.
Think about it. You put all those traps down without any points on your side. At some point your opponent thinks you're not quite right in the head and passes the round. Now you play that single Wardancer with a score of ... lets say 22 (5 traps).

DziejopisWawel;n6916260 said:
I think that fireball trap should be buffed, it has higher rarity than trapper but i think its obvious it is worse card, It should at least take more damage rather than only 5

I think it's not neccesarily worse; trapper does more damage but if you play a neophyte deck those fireball traps are very useful. Even if you don't, 4 cute little neophytes + thunderbolt potion could save your life. It depends on your deck I supose.

GrizzledLone;n6916590 said:
Think about it. You put all those traps down without any points on your side. At some point your opponent thinks you're not quite right in the head and passes the round. Now you play that single Wardancer with a score of ... lets say 22 (5 traps).

It will be like NR AD trebuchet.

Also, i suggested a rework of both traps AND Wardancer. Numbers shouldn't stay as they are right now if Wardancer get buff in hand.

Top Bottom