To build a thematic deck: Thronebreaker

+
Hello, I was thinking about building a thematic deck about Queen Meve, any advice?
First, the problems:
- Meve had allies from different factions ( Cahir, Gabor, Lippy, Isbel, Barnabas are not NR )
- Many Units from ThroneBreaker are not in Gwent
- There's no Meve card

Now, how I wanted to proceed:
- Faction has to be NR ( NG would be ridicolous, ST and MO too )
- We include Rayla, Reynard , Gascon ( not sure if "base" or Iron Falcon ) , Eyck, Willem, Ivo

I came up with this: https://www.playgwent.com/it/decks/7ea93cb40b313d6d0aaa300fd4fd3ced
How would you improve the deck? ( I know it's not competitive )
I only have this Dandelion card, I think Dandelion: Poet would be way better.

Immediately replace Gascon with Gascon: Iron Falcon.
Gascon is not even a fun/meme card, the ceiling is 12 for 8, that is not even impressive when considering:
1.) It is one body
2.) The average value is 1 + 11/2 = 6.5 ... for 8 provisions, while having the average value of a 4 provision card
3.) It is a largely boosted body and tall punish bait, IF it is even getting points

Honestly I would really want a Gascon and Iorveth rework, but that aside ...
For flavor reasons you could add Rivian Pikeman, the card is bad, but part of the army Meve commands in Thronebreaker.
You could also replace Redanian Knight with Highwaymen (also in Thronebreaker under Gascon) and find a way to fit in Knickers, given that Knickers actually joins the army quite early in Thronebreaker.

Immediately replace Gascon with Gascon: Iron Falcon.
Gascon is not even a fun/meme card, the ceiling is 12 for 8, that is not even impressive when considering:
1.) It is one body
2.) The average value is 1 + 11/2 = 6.5 ... for 8 provisions, while having the average value of a 4 provision card
3.) It is a largely boosted body and tall punish bait, IF it is even getting points

Honestly I would really want a Gascon and Iorveth rework, but that aside ...
For flavor reasons you could add Rivian Pikeman, the card is bad, but part of the army Meve commands in Thronebreaker.
You could also replace Redanian Knight with Highwaymen (also in Thronebreaker under Gascon) and find a way to fit in Knickers, given that Knickers actually joins the army quite early in Thronebreaker.

Thank you! I replaced Gascon with his Iron Falcon version, put out Dandelion and got Knickers in. I still have some doubts about Xavier ( story related spoiler ) and switching to Shield Wall or, even better, Uprising ( Scythemen are more thematically fitting )

Thank you! I replaced Gascon with his Iron Falcon version, put out Dandelion and got Knickers in. I still have some doubts about Xavier ( story related spoiler ) and switching to Shield Wall or, even better, Uprising ( Scythemen are more thematically fitting )
Regarding Xavier the decision could depend on whether the deck is supposed to represent Meve's Journey throughout the entire Thronebreaker line or only an image (e.g. near the end) since Xavier is already gone once Villem potentially joins.

As you mentioned Uprising would fit, given the way Meve regains her own realm and the other option would be the "Meve leader ability" Royal Inspiration, given that the Inspiration keyword is the closest we have to the Order keyword in the Closed Beta Gwent and Homecoming, something Meve (ab)uses during Thronebreaker, however since Royal Inspiration is (currently) very underwhelming and hardly has enough synergies you might as well just go for Uprising, as this would be just as fitting.

How about the pirate dwarves that give Armor to a unit in your hand (something Troubadours)? They could represent the Skellige warriors that Meve can recruit, and since they're dwarves they could also kind of represent Mahakam. You already have Armor stuff so they would fit based on that too.

I liked the idea, recommend you put the Prince Anséis, even if he is not in the Thronebreaker, it is nice to have the family together, and he is also one of the best cards from NR.

I created this deck, and I was testing it in casual, and until it wasn't so bad, I won all three games, although maybe it's just luck, since none was a control deck:

Top Bottom