To CD Projekt Script Directors : Another ending or another future?

+
Hi CDR Team. ( please apologize my bad english )

I'd like to give you a feed back about the game Cyberpunk 2077 (will call it C77 after). I prefered to send an email but a post on forum will be the first step.

For all of users this post contains BIG SPOILERS and it will be better to finish the game before reading this topic.

Congratulations guys,
this game is a success. Please congratulate all of you employees, programmers and designers because the work on this game is just GIGANTIC !!

My experience of the game was AWESOME !! Really awesome. I played on PS4 old generation and even if there are many technical problems the transcription of the Cyberpunk universe is really tasty and feels me very good. But i feel a bit sad of one ending (maybe too sensitive and fragile I am :D).

I played C77 like i would be in NC for real ( I play the paper role playing game for 20 years !!). And my experience is very very good cause of many details i've noticed of the lore. You made an amazing job on universe, caracters, story and dialogs. All of my decisions have an impact on game, it is a tour de force. Especially with the romance with Judy which is the best romance story i've seen in a video game. But that's the point of my post. I hope it will be fixed in DLCs or in a patch coming soon in the year : why could we not leave NC with Judy or come back to Oregon to live with her 'till death after last mission in space.

Judy is one of the best caracter i've ever seen in video game. This fragile girl maybe not live in our world cause of her humanity and dreams were so unique and unreal; she is the only Human in this world of war, decadence and lust, i can say she is a Angel, a dream and that's the point, everything is possible in NC. In my opinion V is a legend after her last mission in space. In a role play point of view, i've made all the decisions and dialogs to change the egoistic personnality of V to get closer of Judy and I though I can choose to go with her in consequence of all of my decisions. But i am a bit frustrated of that, i'd like to choose to go in the Navi not to go to the Afterlife but to have a Life after with Judy ( you see the word trick ;) ). We feel that V felt in love of Judy, you put a dialog choice to tell her to stay, but few hours ago V promise to Judy to leave NC with her and this detail missed i think in this last exchange of both characters.

I suggest you to give this opportunity for players like me to finish the game with Judy. (Like i said in a DLC or a patch) For the role play decisions, i think it is a good idea.

I hope your team will answer to my post and i hope you will put this possibility in a future content (please please please please :D).

I wish you success and healthy especially in these dark times of troubles. The game is not perfect, it needs patches and hotfixes but it is for me THE game of the decade. Congratulations!! <3

No, it's not.

It is for them and thats all that matters.

Glad you enjoyed it OP but tbh you seem to have fell into the same mistake i myself initially made, you listened to Johnny and gave him what he wanted instead of listening to those that cared for you and you were close with.

What Johnny says just before you make a decision is very compelling and preys on your thoughts when a choice has to be made, but are these V's wants or are they Johnny's?

You can have a life after with Judy, you just need to listen to what she wants that life to be, you picked the selfish route and ultimately paid a price, it's the same with Panam if going that route, being with someone isn't all about what you want and dragging ppl with you, it's about compromise and sacrifice by both, Judy and Panam stick by you the best they can but in the end it all about V an just one more job

Ppl are going to die to help save you, either out of caring for you or Johnny depending on route, if you dont like that idea theres a gun on the table or put your trust in Arasaka.

Now could they have made the "secret" ending better, hell yeah, you could storm that tower solo and its broadcast all over the news with footage of you doing so, cue all your friends see it and come help with you simply saying you didn't want any of them to get hurt, but instead once again wee get a johnny ending.

As is though, you can get your "happy" ending with judy, just no in the greatest way to me

According to my gameplay i want to conclude this romance by a happy ending living with J during the V's last months (or not) left. You turn a page of violence and retired with the true Love you cannot find in NC.

I think Johnny is an egocentric dick man 'till the end except the fact that we play himself. But he made a promese to V, that he'll give his life to save her. According to these dialogs this end seems to be the "good" way. But with different choices, including partnership the body belongs to Johnny and the Legend status is the best way i think according to the lore.

According to my gameplay i want to conclude this romance by a happy ending living with J during the V's last months (or not) left. You turn a page of violence and retired with the true Love you cannot find in NC.

I think Johnny is an egocentric dick man 'till the end except the fact that we play himself. But he made a promese to V, that he'll give his life to save her. According to these dialogs this end seems to be the "good" way. But with different choices, including partnership the body belongs to Johnny and the Legend status is the best way i think according to the lore.
If you go with lore and reactions it's actually the nomad response that has her the happiest. Also, you have to remind yourself that Judy is a Lesbian, she's attracted to women. In a weird way, you've now got a man inside a woman's body, pretending to be you romancing her. Johnny isn't transgender, he's 100 percent male.

But yeah, ending wise - the nomad ending is the one you're seeking. Judy hates NC, forcing her to stay is kinda messed.

If you go with lore and reactions it's actually the nomad response that has her the happiest. Also, you have to remind yourself that Judy is a Lesbian, she's attracted to women. In a weird way, you've now got a man inside a woman's body, pretending to be you romancing her. Johnny isn't transgender, he's 100 percent male.

But yeah, ending wise - the nomad ending is the one you're seeking. Judy hates NC, forcing her to stay is kinda messed.

I don't want to force her to stay i want to Leave with her and live as V promised to J. I play a Woman char as my char in paper game. In the lore yes Nomad ending is the best way according to man's choices especially on disagreement with Johnny. :)
Why can't you go with J and you can with Panam.

But it's my oppinion cause i feel the romance more sweet, human and pleasant with J instead of Panam. (I end the game with both gender)

I admit the end with Panam and Nomads is so cool according to lore btw.

I somewhat feel the same way as you.

I screwed on Johnny because for me it felt like he gets very selfish at the end. I suppressed him with pills and tried to save V's life to finally join Judy and leave NC but
this wont happen cuz I have to upload V's consciousness to mikoshi or just have 6 months left to live.

Overall it feels like all the connections you get with your character and all you experienced will be senseless anyway since
you literally have no chance to survive except in an expansion we get a new body or will find a cure in the 6 months we have left.
Post automatically merged:

You can go the nomad route as a female V and take Judy with you

I guess this will be my last and final playtrough as female nomad V.

Just finished my first Playtrough and all i can say it was absolutley great, Surley Goty for me!

But i really don't like that all the endings seem to have the same Base. Yes it was touchy and really well written. But it also killed my fun i had with the Game because i can not do anything about the final outcome!
I had planned to start my next playthroug right away, but now? I don't know.
Yeah i know what you are about to say, that it is their Vision, their Script blah blah, i know and they could stay with that in canon if there will ever be a Sequel, wich i really hope.
But they could also put another Ending where it not has to be the way it is now.

I really dont like RPGS where everything you do, all the choices you made, the time you invest has nothing to little Impact in the end, it feels like wasted time for me. So why should i do everything over again when the outcome does not change?

You can have a life after with Judy, you just need to listen to what she wants that life to be, you picked the selfish route and ultimately paid a price,

I take issue with this thinking, the route you take to do the stupid space heist isn't intrinsically selfish. it keeps the Aldecados out of a conflict with one of the most powerful corporations in-universe which seems like a pretty cool thing to keep your friends out of , and it also doesn't involve bargaining with the same super shady corpo. Instead you let Johnny have a go at redemption and bring Rogue who has seen this rodeo before and has a personal history with Arasaka and her own closure to find regarding it. The colouring of the narrative after the fact is a bit tacked on.

You picked Johnny's side over your own, you choose to go the route Johnny would've took, to bury those with you and die a legend, those are what Johnhy wanted, did you not listen to what V says? Thats what V thought they wanted before the heist, after they just want to survive and in doing so can potentially find more, if it's that more you want then you need to listen to those ppl that matter, it doesn't matter what Johnny or rogue do or there past "experience" with Arasaka, your V not them, you choose, not them.

You, V, are constantly told to take matters into your own hands, told to sort it your way hence the blue pill or pass the buck and fade away hence the red pill, You choose to pass the responsibility of your actions over to the consequence of them actions instead of standing up and shouldering the burden, V sacrifices themselves constantly not only in the pursuit of survival but in there actions to help those they consider there friend or more, saying the Nomads wouldn't or shouldn't do the same is a slap in the face to everything they stand for and everytging V did for them, sure you dont want to put them in danger but at times, whether looked for or not, thats were its going and you should be nothing but grateful you've got friends who will gladly stand there and risk all for you.

I understand your meaning and your intentions but in the context of the story and the story of V your wrong, you cant give yourself over to johnny to solve your problem, sort it yourself and ask the help of those friends who'd do anything to see V live, not johnny
Post automatically merged:

Just finished my first Playtrough and all i can say it was absolutley great, Surley Goty for me!

But i really don't like that all the endings seem to have the same Base. Yes it was touchy and really well written. But it also killed my fun i had with the Game because i can not do anything about the final outcome!
I had planned to start my next playthroug right away, but now? I don't know.
Yeah i know what you are about to say, that it is their Vision, their Script blah blah, i know and they could stay with that in canon if there will ever be a Sequel, wich i really hope.
But they could also put another Ending where it not has to be the way it is now.

I really dont like RPGS where everything you do, all the choices you made, the time you invest has nothing to little Impact in the end, it feels like wasted time for me. So why should i do everything over again when the outcome does not change?

Sigh

Here goes

Go experience the other "ends" either through just loading your save file or creating and RPing a character that would go that route.

Done?? Ok

Did you see what played out? Listen to what was said??

Most importantly do you realise the consequence of your choice for interfering in them affairs?

Do you realise and understand what your actions have done and brought about siding with Arasaka? No?? You kill the one guy bringing it all down and bring back the one guy you dont want back

Do you realise what your actions and consequence of those actions are if you let johnny go? V loses everyone, rogue is dragged back in an potentially killed simply because she cant say no to johnny

Do you realise what the consequence is of letting V deal with it with there friends? Arasakas finished, V, potentially, finds love, happiness and a new family and most importantly hope, hope they'll survive and find help.

Listen to mistys readings, there never wrong

Last edited:
Done ! Thank you bro !

7/10 for this ending not the one i wanted but very good one to know that J follows V

Glad you enjoyed it m8

I do agree it's not perfect and with a few simple tweaks could be alot better, like instead of Panam sitting with you on the tank having judy, but having her there at the end and then the vid during the credits is nice, then the hope mistys last reading gives is a good touch

Panam + Judy ending is the best.

why?
Alt says that you will die after 6 month, but not ending it self. V leaves city together with Panam and Judy. Panam promises that she will find all contacts who can help. V promises that she will continue to fight for her life.

And ending video calls, those are (hi, how are you doing) not (god bye) calls. Even more, in Judy call you can hear V and see subtitles from V. She is still there and lives.

This ending is best spot for next game to continue V's story. I hope there will be next game. And yes.... female V suits best for this game.

And CDPR. Killing main protagonist is bad idea. Remeber Mass Effect 3? How gamer hated its ending.

Games are not movies, you spend alot time with character and it makes some kind of conection. If character dies at the end, player feels disappointed, empty and every thing he did in game was for nothing.

Top Bottom