TO CDPR: an idea on how to "make it up" with PC buyers

+
TO CDPR: an idea on how to "make it up" with PC buyers

since you have stated that you are looking into how to make it up with those misled PC players. then I would suggest you give the expansion pack for free!

since you have stated that you are looking into how to make it up with those misled PC players. then I would suggest you give the expansion pack for free!

what about the ones who already pre ordered them? ;)

No I think they'll add some sort of postprocessing option to the game and expand options for to tweak with.

Or maybe some shiny DLC?

But honestly, I'd prefer they work on their communication to avoid anything like this in the future ;)

I would love to have that, basically get the same graphical fidelity they have shown to us. maybe a patch or two? but I also really hope those awesome modders will find a way to do it for us...the cardboard skyrim with fully modded graphics is awesome.

Making the expansion pack free is not very likely in the end they need money to pay their bills and they need money to develop future games. But more free DLCs are always welcome.

I don't want free stuff.
Fix the KB/M controls and i'll be good.
Whichever "graphics downgrades" have been applied doesn't bother me one bit.
I don't need free DLC for a game i can't even play, what's the point ?

Dude, don't be so cheap. I just want the effects and quality seen in the 35 min Gameplay vid from late 2014. Game sorely needs better water shader, pom, tess and particles.

I think they don't have to do anything. this game is the best i've ever played. the graphics is also one of the best ever made. i'll be glad to pay for the expansion but sure if its free i'll take it.

styku

Forum regular
This is an attitude that really makes me sad about PC gamers.
All the time I have been convinced (and actually still am) that PC is far superior platform, than any consoles, in nearly every aspect.
BUT. All the negative fuzz around W3 before and during the release made me realize that huge part of PC community is toxic and immature (not to mention plainly stupid, just read through negative reviews at metacritic).

You were mislead by the year-old footage? Why wouldn't you wait for the reviews and actual footage?
You preordered on GOG (from CDPR)? Don't see the problem, you were able to drop the order at anytime.
You preordered from any other platform/company that didn't let you withdraw the order? I don't see why are you blaming CDPR for this. Could've read the terms and choose GOG because of the refund policy (not to mention supporting CDPR)
Stop victimizing yourself. Stop using the fact that CDPR really cares and the devs are truly concerned, to gain free stuff. It's immoral and childish.

they don't "owe" us anything!
things got changed due to various different factors....nuff said.

has it stopped me enjoying the game? I HATE the game right now!
its eaten 12 hours of my life and im only lvl 4 and still wandering around Velen!! its taken my soul!!! my life is over! im ruined!!!

if they truly feel the need to "make it up" to pc players then just keep supplying patches that fix the problems people are having (im not one of those people) so that they can enjoy this EPIC adventure in the same way I am!

truly; I don't think a game has taken over my life this much since Skyrim. I just cant stop wandering the world and finding each and everything that I possibly can!

Last edited:
You guys should read the Kotaku article on this "controversy." Also the Eurogamer report on it. Sure, things don't look as good as they did in the promo vids (no game ever does) - but CDPR had to make changes to make the whole open world work better. There were tradeoffs.

As posted above - I'd rather have a stable, smooth-running immersive game than some shader or particle effects tweaks (and have no use for some DLC placebo / suppository).

The willful ignorance is rife in this thread. Yes, the game is fun. Yes, CDPR did a great job in nearly every aspect. That, however doesn't change the fact that the game doesn't even look as good as shown in the 35-min gameplay video from the end of 2014 despite CDPR assuring us right up to release that the game will in fact look as good. My two 980s and g-sync screen are left wanting.

Dude, don't be so cheap. I just want the effects and quality seen in the 35 min Gameplay vid from late 2014. Game sorely needs better water shader, pom, tess and particles.

The game doesn't "sorely" need anything. I'm pretty damn tired of people like you spamming every Witcher 3 forum bitching about how bad you think the graphics are, when this is the best looking game thus far in gaming - it doesn't matter waht the game looked like years ago in a promo.

Now you're calling people ignorant? I'd like to call you a few things, but I would get banned.

The game doesn't "sorely" need anything. I'm pretty damn tired of people like you spamming every Witcher 3 forum bitching about how bad you think the graphics are, when this is the best looking game thus far in gaming - it doesn't matter waht the game looked like years ago in a promo.

Now you're calling people ignorant? I'd like to call you a few things, but I would get banned.

I disagree with you. You and others are ignoring everything that was said by the devs re: graphics right upto release. Thus, you are willfully ignorant.

I keep getting over my dissapointment but then people say the 35min 2014 build is unreasonable to expect...
So here I go again just to get it off my chest and leave it on the internet.

PC can do it consoles can't. Consoles paid for the game. No ill will from me about that anymore. There has only been a comment in relation to 2013 build.

Please CDPR some official comment on the state of the 2014 build.
It had so much more atmosphere.

I disagree with you. You and others are ignoring everything that was said by the devs re: graphics right upto release. Thus, you are willfully ignorant.

Disagree all you want, what you really need is to go get some sunshine, instead of trolling internet forums.

I don't care what the game looked like in an early build shown in promo trailers years ago. I don't care what the devs said years ago. I care about how the game looks now, and how well it performs. The reality is it's the best looking game thus far in gaming history; the game runs silky smooth on ultra, and I don't even have a top of the line gaming rig. The game as a whole, is the best rpg ever crafted.

The only ignorance is coming from you. Game development isn't set in stone, and things change a lot early in the process. They had an early build of the game, and they thought it may work well on all systems - clearly it failed to perform on the consoles, and they can't craft entirely separate games for a pc, for ps4, and for the xbone; so they had to create a build that would perform well on most hardware (not the 1% of gamers that can afford a $3000 gaming rig). We have a superior version of the game for PC still, and it looks a lot better than either of the console versions. If you can't deal with that reality now, then bitching about it, and insulting fans of the game, on the internet isn't going to change anything.

With that being said, CDProject has a proven history of supporting and improving their games after release. We will see an enhanced version of the game months from now. One day after release, we already have a patch that dramatically improved performance, and made the game look even better.

With that being said, CDProject has a proven history of supporting and improving their games after release. We will see an enhanced version of the game months from now. One day after release, we already have a patch that dramatically improved performance, and made the game look even better.

I really hope they pull this through!

CDPR said they are looking into how to make it up, not my word theirs..

it could be an enhance version solely for PC
or a free DLC
or a free expansion
or a free whatnot

I don't care what the game looked like in an early build shown in promo trailers years ago. I don't care what the devs said years ago. I care about how the game looks now, and how well it performs. The reality is it's the best looking game thus far in gaming history; the game runs silky smooth on ultra, and I don't even have a top of the line gaming rig. The game as a whole, is the best rpg ever crafted.

Again, this isn't about videos or statements from "years ago". 2014 wasn't years ago. Nor are CDPR comments about graphics living up to expectations from years ago. I'm happy you're wholly satisfied. I'm not. I respect CDPR and think the game is great in many ways but I remain disappointed with the graphics, pure and simple.

They don't have to "make it up". They already done this by creating this game. Really. I don't get the discussion.
There really is a demanding and immature development in the games community altogether. This is sad and I really hope some will grow up and see games as they are...just a very good and pleasing possibility to waste your time.

Top Bottom