TO CDPR: an idea on how to "make it up" with PC buyers

+
Everyone knew what the game would look like before it was released unless you were living in a cave during the week leading up to it , at which point you could have cancelled your pre order........in fact you can return the game now if you are still not satisfied with the product lol its not too late . CDPR dont owe us anything.

We knew what it would look like on a console. The few pc videos where old builds and we didn't know if all settings where enabled. Also cdrpojekts was very quiet about details for pc builds. Because they where hiding something then and now we know. Before we could only guess based on what we saw. Does Cdprojekts owe anything? Just and apology for lying. It was our choice not to preorder the game if we felt we wasn't getting what we wanted. But transparency on that was limited by Cdprojekt so buyers had a hard time choosing if they should or shouldn't buy. Easy to say don't buy it if you don't like it. But what if you believed in them and we wanted what we saw 2 years ago? Is it stupid to trust in someone? No. There is risk yes.

Learn from this and make a wiser choice on there next product. I for one won't preorder again. First time I was cheated but hey at least the game isn't that bad. It is a decent game I just wish I had all that nice eye candy too.. Will I buy another cdprojekt game? Maybe after a few years from release date when its fixed and cheaper.

instead of free expansions i want this

release the redkit at least fall this year
true support for 21:9 monitors (no leterboxed cutscenes and hud horizontal movement )
bring back old graphics

So you get what you want? The old "35 min" graphics!
The forum then explodes with moaning that the open world stutters! Your gpu's are burning up!
The witcher 3 ate my video card! Topics!
CDPR made a design choice; as is their right; to try to make THEIR game run as faultlessly as they could for the vast majority of THEIR customers!
In the same way Bethesda dropped various features of Skyrim...the same way EVERY SINGLE GAME drops features during development!
CDOR's only mistake, if you choose to call it that, was to show footage of a system they later found out couldn't be used for something in such a huge scale as the final game is!
It's been a very very long time since I've played a game that has awed me as much as this one has!
CDPR deserve nothing more than our utmost respect, trust and profound thanks!
We OWE them! Not vice versa!

No. Just improve the UI and offer full key rebinding. If they really want our love, then offer better textures and draw distance, etc. But the first two would serve me just fine.

Alot of you have absolutly no idea how game development works. In this instance the original rendering system didn't work overall for such a big world. Their choices were A: Use a rendering system that looks great but would mean sacrificing a lot of the map. B: Change it to incorporate it into the whole environment while giving us the best graphics possible. The far better option. They feel bad but also feel like they had no choice. Here is the article.http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

Guest 3573786

since you have stated that you are looking into how to make it up with those misled PC players. then I would suggest you give the expansion pack for free!

Where did they say this?

totally agree bad!! I can't even play the damn game properly because I'm disabled and I can't customize the controls to what I need and they suggested I either buy a controller or get AutoHotkey fix!?!? What the freakin hell!?!? That is just not cool this will be the last game I ever buy from them but of course they don't care because they made their freaking millions off the game

---------- Updated at 10:34 PM ----------

I don't want free stuff.
Fix the KB/M controls and i'll be good.
Whichever "graphics downgrades" have been applied doesn't bother me one bit.
I don't need free DLC for a game i can't even play, what's the point ?
totally agree bad!! I can't even play the damn game properly because I'm disabled and I can't customize the controls to what I need and they suggested I either buy a controller or get AutoHotkey fix!?!? What the freakin hell!?!? That is just not cool this will be the last game I ever buy from them but of course they don't care because they made their freaking millions off the game

---------- Updated at 10:34 PM ----------

I don't want free stuff.
Fix the KB/M controls and i'll be good.
Whichever "graphics downgrades" have been applied doesn't bother me one bit.
I don't need free DLC for a game i can't even play, what's the point ?

Oh boy!

When you are born, your parents are charged with raising you. They are responsible for you. When you grow up, your parents then pat you on the bum and send you off into the world. From that point on, you are responsible for yourself; nobody owes you a thing.

All of the decisions you make are your own. No one else is responsible for the decisions you make. If someone somehow influences your decision, it is still your decision and only you can be held responsible for it. After all, it was your choice to allow such influence to take place. This is called self-responsibility.

If you decide to buy a new graphics card or place an order for an upcoming video game, that is your decision and only you are responsible for it. If you were influenced to purchase the said game based on...oh, I don't know...let’s say a 2013 game trailer, then that was your choice to make. If you were somehow disappointed with that decision later on because things have changed, then you should look to no one but yourself to blame. This is called self-responsibility.

I don't generally pre-order games. The reason I don't is because I'm well aware that games have a tendency to change as they develop. The developers are often very ambitious with their concepts and then, after a taste of reality, are forced to alter their goals and objectives due to budget, time or technological constraints. This is nothing new and I am responsible enough to know better than to hand over my hard-earned money to an unfinished and untested product. I tend to wait for reviews and videos of the "finished and released" product.

Now I have pre-ordered some games in the past, though this is rare. I tend to only pre-order a game from a proven developer or particular proven franchise; something with an already founded credibility. Howbeit, when I do, I am well aware of the risk I have just taken, as even proven and credible sources can still lose their way and become a flop.

If this were to happen, I would not scream and yell at the developer like a self-entitled, expectatious, asinine lunatic who (delusionally) feels that they owe me something greater. You see, I am a mature and responsible adult who acknowledges that it was my decision to purchase the game.

CDPR did not intentionally mislead anybody. Their intentions were always true. However, I do think they made a mistake in releasing footage too early but only because of a portion of gaming community are child-like buffoons who believe that the industry actually owes them something and must always adhere to their (often ridiculous) expectations.

On the same note, it’s no wonder why CDPR were reluctant to fess up to any graphical changes due to the consoles. They get flamed for not being honest about the graphical changes, but had they been forthcoming, they would have gotten flamed for selling out to consoles. They lose either way because it’s terribly hard to reason with adults who harbor child-like mentalities.

As far as I'm concerned, I am extremely fortunate to have received this crowning achievement of a game. We should all feel fortunate.This game is nothing short of an epic masterpiece. They have nothing to apologize for and have nothing to make up for. If they decide to offer us something, it is only to quell the irate self-entitled pre-adolescent minds of the few; not because they feel they've done something wrong. It's sort of like a rub on the back with a "there, there".

CDRP should hold their heads high.

I apologize for this garrulous response.

Last edited:
What is there to make up? The game hasnt even been out for 10 days and already we have received 3 patches(including day1). We are promised 16 DLC for free, 4 of which we have already gotten. There are 2 expansion packs in the works that every other company and their mom would sell you piece by piece for likely a hundred bucks or more. What do you get them for? 30 bucks. Thats right. The last 2 games had free enhanced editions. Id wager this one will too.

I understand some people are angry because they feel mislead. But as has been said before - there was SO MUCH gameplay material out there for you to make up your mind and realize what the game will look like. Some streamers even said they were playing the game on ultra. CDPR somewhat apologized for the miscommunications and they have given us one of the best games to date and continue to give us free support for their product and tons of free dlc. I really think people should get a grip sometimes. Slap yourselves and ask yourselves whether or not you may or may not be slightly overreacting. Like I said. I know, some are angry and I do understand you. But there are certain limits for everything...

since you have stated that you are looking into how to make it up with those misled PC players. then I would suggest you give the expansion pack for free!

If you get a job you can afford things without having to ask for handouts.

You should make purchases based on what a finished product actually is, not on previews of works in progress, they owe you nothing.

CDPR doesn't owe us anything the game is a steal at full retail price. If you were mislead you haven't watched trailers on games in the last 15 years they have always looked better than the actual game in most cases. Yes I was disappointed when I actually took a look at the graphics, but I was so distracted by the game itself that I realized I didn't notice how bad it was until I started nitpicking.

The game itself is amazing, much better than what other developers have put out in recent years of the same genre. If CDPR does end up patching the game to use earlier engine features to enhance the graphic fidelity that's great and I'm all for it, but they don't need to make up anything. People need to stop obsessing over graphics and enjoy the game, it's really good. Personally I see asking for free Expansion Packs is insulting to the developer, we should support developers who put out an excellent product. It's not like they're expensive unless you're a child, which you shouldn't be playing this game if you are since it has mature themes and you are not CDPR's target audience.

The only thing CDPR needs to do is eliminate as many bugs as possible, that is all.

Top Bottom