To Devs: Do not give up!

+
Just wanted to tell, what devs shouldn't give up. There was many games with horrible start. No Man's Sky as example. Right now only what you should do is to make the game of your dream. You already have a good base, so need to polish it and make better. First of all, everyone should understand what Cyberpunk 2077 is not GTA, it's RPG. Huge changes can be added with a special addons (Corporate, Nomad and etc) maybe even for real money if it's have reworked story with a new gameplay.

Backstory and Story:
- All dialogs should have a huge effects (maybe even for the future events).
- Every event shouldn't be scripted and have different endings, so even Jackie Welles can be alive or player can be killed because of bad choice in dialogs.
- Backstory should play a huge role. Examples for first mission: Corporate can use contacts to attack apartments on a huge armored flying thing with mercenaries (as you can see, gameplay here already will be different) and takes a girl to a hospital, Streetkid can use dialogs to get that girl back without any battle (Trauma team takes a girl on a street), and only Nomad have default scenario with crazy battle, where apartment can be destroyed.
- And how about to have a chance to play for a bad guys and save Saburo Arasaka as example?

Level Design and Gameplay:
- Look at Deus Ex. It have several different ways to solve a problem. Why not to use it and make it better?
- Cyberpunk 2077 have a huge city with many buildings, which have many floors, so why game works like Skyrim? Strategy should use it for better gameplay. As example, why I can't use floor below and blow up сeiling to kill enemies? Or why not to use different ways like apartments, stairs, ventilation and etc?
- Same problem with a gangs. Why player can't just call a police and use it for a stealth strategy to distract a gang? Or player even can use a police car to distract them or make them run (depends on gang) so player can easy kill the enemy or save someone without any fight.
- Really needed smart police and AI. So fighting with police will be interesting, and player can see police and truma team work, also city will be alive. Since it's cyberpunk, then police should use technologies too (as others), so hide from them can be a problem, because you need to hack cameras to hide your profile and car numbers or run from a city and destroy all drones. Without hacks you can have a problems with other mercenaries, because police set a bounty on you. So you need to hack police, or change your face and car numbers.
- Better AI can generate events like in GTA.

City:
- Need to add more different shops, services and etc. As example: barber shops, car shops (used, with modifications, middle class and high end), malls, tattoo parlors, different restaurants (can be used for discussion, meeting (yes places can affect on dialogs too) or just to have a fun or feel atmosphere).
- Player should can buy or sell property (apartments, houses, garages, bunker, labs with new bodies...maybe even corporations and companies).
- Why not to add economic system with stock and etc? For corporate gameplay it's will be awesome. Here can be special addon where you can be boss of all Night City and have personal army, which can works a one of an endings of the game.
- Why not to add simple jobs just for fun: taxi, firefighter, private detective, trucker, slut?
- Why not to add apps with mini games or even amusement arcades with classic games?

Player:
- I am not sure about skills, but I think every skill should change gameplay and strategy. Right now many of them works for speed. Why not to add something new and this "speed" skills add as levels for hacks, attacks and etc?
- Augmentation should be more hardcore. What if I want to change my character to a robot, which even do not have a head? I know what this changes can be real different like from a little kid with a teddy bear as a weapon with railgun eyes to a horror alien thing, which can eat people, or play without it (body without any implants), but with many gadgets, but all this can change gameplay entirely.
- Reputation system. Every choice should affect on player's reputation. As example, if player have low reputation with Maelstrom, then it will be impossible to negotiate with them without a fight. So player must kill them all or play in stealth. Good reputation can give a player support from police (if corporation), unique or even illegal augmentation (Maelstrom) and etc.

I am not asking to add it. I just want to show, what this game can have a better future. Just need to add more content and rework main stories for every lifepath history. As example: "corporate addon" where will be fully new story for corporate side with politics, corporations, conspiracies, contacts which can solve any problem and many sides, which player can chose and etc (you can look at Ghost in the shell stories to make it better). In the end can be a pure new game with many content, which can help for online game.

Reputation system. Every choice should affect on player's reputation. As example, if player have low reputation with Maelstrom, then it will be impossible to negotiate with them without a fight. So

Or nonlethal takedowns. I like to imagine nonlethal takedowns could give players another option in some scenarios. If you swept a maelstrom hideout. No deaths, a reputation check would be lower. Maybe.

These are not the most critical issues.
The main problems that they need to devote them in are as follows:

1. Playability in console (at least in next-gen)
2. AI navigation
3. AI driving
4. AI combat
5. AI interaction

These are the fundamental issues at the engine level. Only consider the future of themselves, if CDPR still use fixed scripts as now, they would never have high-level bots in future multiplayer/online mode, no one would satisfy for that.

Backstory and Story:
- All dialogs should have a huge effects (maybe even for the future events).
- Every event shouldn't be scripted and have different endings, so even Jackie Welles can be alive or player can be killed because of bad choice in dialogs.
- Backstory should play a huge role. Examples for first mission: Corporate can use contacts to attack apartments on a huge armored flying thing with mercenaries (as you can see, gameplay here already will be different) and takes a girl to a hospital, Streetkid can use dialogs to get that girl back without any battle (Trauma team takes a girl on a street), and only Nomad have default scenario with crazy battle, where apartment can be destroyed.
That's what I expected from the game. And the lack of these features is my main disappointment in Cyberpunk.
I don't believe they can fix the core game. But they can make quest design that way in story expansions.

Nothing suggested here will help and will actually make things much worse for CDPR, particularly the suggestion that we should pay more money for fixing a game that we already paid to play. The disagreement I have with the OP is massive.

You're saying "don't give up" to devs and then suggest to make literally another game :) Not gonna happen, I'm afraid. Even No Man's Sky had not changed this much.
This is true, but this is how normal RPGs must works. Also devs wanted to do it as default gameplay, so I really hope they can do it even as different addons.

Top Bottom