to Mil or not to Mil? that is the question...

+
to Mil or not to Mil? that is the question...

Ok, so here is the dilemma i currently face: right now my skell deck is the strongest deck i have (based around the war cry strat at the moment) i practically neglect all other decks because i have either not spent the time figuring out good strategies or don't have enough cards to make new strategies that i see in matchmaking. so the question at hand is: should i mil all those other cards and focus on crafting the cards i need for my #CrachAttack deck, and other skell strategies, blueboy, cerys, ect..

I milled all my non-Scoia'tael decks as soon as I could. It definitely has benefits for competitiveness. However, the down side is you don't have the chance to even play the other decks. I am currently pseudo-rebuilding a NR deck - not focusing on it but keeping good NR cards when I get them instead of milling them. I don't regret milling all my other decks most days, but every now and then I get curious as to how playing the other decks would feel.

So my personal opinion is keep two decks and mill two decks. That way you get the benefit of better cards for you main deck, but also a little variety for the days that you want it.

i have already milled my scoia deck i'll probably go ahead and mil northern as well i have a decent monster strat. thanks! i was hoping i wasn't the only one sitting on this precipice of confusion lol

I milled every deck except Monster and now regret it so I'm rebuilding a Skel deck now. I have a rather poor deck now that wins about 1 in 10 but I'm patient

I wouldn't mill anything that wasn't extra. Seeing as how this is still in beta, there are bound to be many shifts in balance. I wouldn't get too attached to any one faction, strat, or particular cards. Keep your options open. Who knows what the future will bring.

Don't mill anything trust me you will regret that later. I am suggesting this by my own experienced at start I mill many cards to craft other but one I found new strategies with those milled cards I fill so bad. I even mill legendary cards to get 200 cloth :(
New patches are coming & cards changing so trust me DO NOT MILL.

I will suggest you to mill bronze if you are happy with 5 cloth :)

I didn't mill anything in the start, and I am glad that I did not.

The reason for this is that I went through that episode of "blargh!" when I hit the point where the starter deck stopped being decent but I didn't even have the scraps to buy cheap common bronze additions to the deck. That time was less horrible, because I could evade to another faction's starter deck then for a few matches, until I had made a new plan.

I'm also glad that I didn't stomp any faction totally because this means that I am free to play with them, whenever I should wish to do that. I've done that a few time just to hear the different battle music.

Since then, I did mill duplicates of the "3x same card, different artworks" one time, and I've been really tempted to stomp in my entire Northern collection a few times. I just hate that faction. :p But what stopped me from doing that, however, was the silly fact that Northern was the faction I got my very first gold card for from a keg (Shani).

Currently not even milling my spares, because I am not sure what card I want next anyway. Those 2x600 scraps I got with the patch (I had crafted Eithne and kegged Henselt) threw me off-track a bit because I could then immediately get the two cards I had aimed to get "in the next couple of weeks", without anything else being on my immediate wishlist. The card collection blue squares with white numbers go nuts on me for not milling those spares. ;)

Last edited:
Even if you mill, you'll get so many card spares when leveling up and opening kegs that you may rebuild any deck at some point. Tonight my wife opened four kegs for me and one Skellige leader was in one of them. With that card and all spares I've kept, I actually managed to rebuild a decent deck with a better build in mind now that I am level 23 than I would have used back when I was just beginning.

I'm definitely veering towards Scoiatel decks in general but it's nice to try other factions/tactics, we don't know what changes are coming in future builds, plus you get a better understanding of your opponents I believe if you try playing in their shoes for a few hands.

So I'm only milling superfluous cards I've earned from kegs (does anyone really need 6 Dun Banner Cavalry).

It's beta after all, maybe I would mill certain factions / cards that I *know* I'm not interested in when the game goes live.

I didn't mill anything and I'm pretty sure I would regret it if I did. Sometimes you just get tired of playing one faction. Not to mention the fact that you can get a lucky keg drop which will allow you to build stronger deck with your secondary faction.

Last edited:
I too didn't mill anything at the start and I don't regret it.
This is because you might get bored of playing a single faction all the time.

Here's my experience so far:
Initially, I started out with just experimenting with starter decks. Then concentrated on building NR since I had some decent drops from kegs.
But I got bored after a few days with the gold promote strategy (which gave me a very good win rate :)).

In the meantime, had gotten some scraps and a few good monster cards as well, so I switched to monsters.
Again, the weather spamming deck got boring after a few days (which again had a good win rate).

I've started with Scoia since the last few days, which is by far the most challenging deck and also IMHO the most fun deck to play with so far.
Thanks to the leader cards becoming cheaper to craft since the last patch, there are some nice combos I've been trying with Eithne and Brouver.

The downside of having multiple decks active is that you may have some key legendary cards missing.
Only managed to get 6 legendary cards so far from all the kegs. But I think that's OK for now, since I feel the ability to switch to a different faction will keep things interesting for me :)

I also did not mill my cards (mainly because it did not occur to me at first that I could) and now slightly regret. Mainly because having builds without race specific golds tends to be weaker. Yet now that i have at least one decent deck it does not matter that much. But the beginning was kinda painful.

the only reason i milled 2 decks was to get a few more key cards i need to make my deck better. unfortunately, i still cannot combat a weather deck (but not many can so i'm not too worried) its just that it seems like the only thing i get matched against is weather decks so winning is on the next to never side of the spectrum

I did not mill in the beginning, but instead gradualy focused everything on my NR deck.
Right now (level 30 something) most keg's i get are filled with double's so i mill those instead.
I don't regret it since i can switch to another deck whenever i want (and i got a sweet cerys drop the other day which is actually usefull this way).

Top Bottom