To RED team this is what I have found out about "Strong/alternate attack"

+
To RED team this is what I have found out about "Strong/alternate attack"

As the game is shipped, "sprint" is set to left shift and "strong/alternate attack" are set to left shift and left mouse.

Strong attack does NOT work when the keys are bound this way. Can not get past the tutorial this way.

If sprint is bound to a different key, then Strong attack works.

Please make a fix for this.

Thank You

---------- Updated at 07:38 PM ----------

bump

---------- Updated at 07:59 PM ----------

bump

As the game is shipped, "sprint" is set to left shift and "strong/alternate attack" are set to left shift and left mouse.

Strong attack does NOT work when the keys are bound this way. Can not get past the tutorial this way.

Thank You

bump

bump

Don't bump.

This is deliberate. Rebind your keys if you don't like. I like to bind Strong attack to my middle mouse button.

This is deliberate. Rebind your keys if you don't like. I like to bind Strong attack to my middle mouse button.

You can not be serious. I have always played the games I buy the way the developer keyed them, never had to rebind. . "Rebind if I don't like." I have no choice but to rebind. So, what you are saying is the game was unplayable as shipped and that was done deliberately. BTW the middle mouse button is for throwing bombs. Can you explain why 2 actions using the same key that obviously conflict. And, cause the tutorial to be unfinishable, was deliberately programmed that way.

You can not be serious. I have always played the games I buy the way the developer keyed them, never had to rebind. . "Rebind if I don't like." I have no choice but to rebind. So, what you are saying is the game was unplayable as shipped and that was done deliberately. BTW the middle mouse button is for throwing bombs. Can you explain why 2 actions using the same key that obviously conflict. And, cause the tutorial to be unfinishable, was deliberately programmed that way.

....amazing. Simply amazing. Did you also always play the games with default video and sound settings? Default difficulty setting? Default gamma! HEck, why have options at all?!

Obviously the developer -likes- the default settings for controls and finished the tutorial a million times with them. I prefer my binds, because I have actual preferences.

If the game is unplayable as shipped...how come so many of us were playing it the way it was shipped?

Maybe it was just unplayable for you..for reasons...involving, I don't know, some fantastically weird "won't rebind" principal.

Had no trouble with the tutorial using default keys...

Didn't like the default setting so made my own...
Fast LMB, Strong RMB. Parry "Shift", Run/Canter/Gallop "CAPSLOCK", Walk Toggle "Left CTRL".
Also put witcher senses on the key to the left of 1 (on my keyboard, " ` ")

Thank You

bump

bump

I don't know if this will help you but this is how I rebound my keys:

Right mouse button = strong attack
Middle button (wheel click) = block
~ character = witcher senses

I used the default left shift (i.e., sprint).

Also, I double tap the WASD keys to dodge. I never use Alt. (This is also default, but I don't know if anyone tells you about it.)

....amazing. Simply amazing. Did you also always play the games with default video and sound settings? Default difficulty setting? Default gamma! HEck, why have options at all?!

Obviously the developer -likes- the default settings for controls and finished the tutorial a million times with them. I prefer my binds, because I have actual preferences.

If the game is unplayable as shipped...how come so many of us were playing it the way it was shipped?

Maybe it was just unplayable for you..for reasons...involving, I don't know, some fantastically weird "won't rebind" principal.

HEY, A hole you don't have to be a smart a**. If you are going to comments, be helpful not a jerk. And, no I have never HAD to rebind keys for the CONTROLS to work. I did not say "I won't rebind."
Obviously the developer -likes- the default settings for controls and finished the tutorial a million times with them
There is no way they tested this because it DOES NOT WORK.

You're a brat and your argument is a joke.

HEY, A hole you don't have to be a smart a**. If you are going to comments, be helpful not a jerk. And, no I have never HAD to rebind keys for the CONTROLS to work. I did not say "I won't rebind." There is no way they tested this because it DOES NOT WORK.

Wait. You said this...to a MOD?

Doubly amazing. WELL THOUGHT OUT SIR.

You're a brat and your argument is a joke.

Although not necessarily incorrect, WE NEED NOT THIS CRUEL ACCURACY.

So, paraphrasing in the future: "Dear sir, you seem to be of a wonderfully childish mien, truly a lucky and fated soul. I fear that your inner, pure nature is ill-suited to the rigours of positing such unfairly and even confusingly complex arguments on Ye Old Internet. Perhaps we might retire to the parlour for crumpets?"

Try to get your inner voice to rise on the last word. "CrUM-PEHTS?"

Last edited:
if i may chime in with a technical explanation:

the actions:

AttackWithAlternateLight (Light Attack): is bound to the left mouse button (default)
PCAlternate (Modify Attack Type): is bound to LShift (Default)

hence, working as intended. (although, i would say a bit of a misnomer... should be... AttackLightWithAlternate, or swap Light and Heavy, cuz it's confusing my brain) ;o

however, if you bind both Light Attack and Heavy Attack on the Keyboard, and do not unbind the 'Modify Attack Type' bind, you will get unpredictable behaviour. This is because heavy attacks can also be modified back to light. As per the action AttackWithAlternateHeavy. hence unbind 'modify' if you prefer to bind both attacks. (oh, but you need that for signs, don't you? no idea... i've never used signs in this entire game, well ok yrden)... ;o

This is not the case for gamepad, as each attack is bound to a separate button by default, and no 'modify' option. actions 'AttackLight' and 'AttackHeavy'

Last edited:
Top Bottom