Today after a month, Cyberpunk completed same % of players as Witcher 3 after 5.5 years

+
So today after 34 days 26.5% of players completed Cyberpunk 2077, it's same number as Witcher 3, after 5.5 years. For me this is good news, Witcher 3 was really long for some people, so I'm not surprised only 1/4 of all players completed whole main story. Story length data are from HowLongToBeat.com, so it's average, some of you maybe completed those games way faster. It's ok, not everyone is good at playing videogames or rushing main story.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Achievement Passed the Trial (51hrs main story length)
Cyberpunk 2077 - Achievement The World (21hrs main story length)

If you want to compare it to other big games..
Horizon Zero Dawn - Achievement Ended the war machine threat (22hrs main story length)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Achievement Quite the Adventure (12hrs main story length)
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Achievement Redemption (48hrs main story length)
DOOM Eternal - Achievement The Once and Future Slayer (15hrs main story length)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Achievement Odyssey's End (42hrs main story length)

CDPR "warned" us about shorter main story, are you ok with 21hrs or you wanted little bit more? Also those articles on the internet about "Cyberpunk 2077 is losing players very fast" etc are now explained, I guess. :)

20$ for 21hrs of main story without side quests? k
I think there is big diffrence what kind of game your playing for example 21hours for RPG is not a lot considering how much times it takes to travel from place to place and so on

I dont think this good trend, its looks like players are looking for more "pump and dump" games, to get fast fix and move on.

I think it's because young people (I mean those born in this century) are just not interested in singleplayer games and older people don't have enough time to play multiple games with 50hrs main story in a year. So people jsut give up in the middle of story and move to next one.

your title is somehow wrong
Cyberpunk lost 79% of players in one month, while the witcher 3 did loose 79% after 3 Months
and atm cyberpunk has still more players on steam then the witcher 3 ever had

Well my topic is answer to this article, game already finished same number of players as Witcher 3 in 1 month. So noone should be surprised people are stopped playing Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk had a ridiculously short main story especially for a $60 AAA open world game. That was the most disappointing aspect of the game, apart from the whole buggy unfinished part.

Skipping the whole first part character development with a 30 second cut scene was a ridiculous decision from the dev team.

Cyberpunk had a ridiculously short main story especially for a $60 AAA open world game. That was the most disappointing aspect of the game, apart from the whole buggy unfinished part.

Skipping the whole first part character development with a 30 second cut scene was a ridiculous decision from the dev team.

I think if those 6 months are not just cutscene (well very good cutscene I have to say) and 3-4 more hours of playing to make better relationship with Jackie will be way better.

So, im guessing that members of this board will intermittently start these silly threads every few months about this game and how W3 relates to it in every way and fashion.

So, im guessing that members of this board will intermittently start these silly threads every few months about this game and how W3 relates to it in every way and fashion.
What's wrong about this thread? We can see articles almost every single day from gaming magazines about how people leaving this game and they comparing it to Witcher 3, so this is answer. Game already finished same percentage of players as Witcher 3, in a month. That's why they leaving, mindblowing, isn't it?

Game is short and linear pretty easy to complete. It took me almost nothing my brother finished it in less than three days not even counting the hour of sleeping or work.

If you make a game so ridicolusly shorter and poor of contents is no mistery more people will complete it

Thats so sad. This game is way too mainstream focused, while it should have been a niche RPG just like they stated in their firat pitch meeting about the project as one of the very core pillars of it, and kept reproducing for a long time trough the released media about the title.
Post automatically merged:

And Witcher 3 is NOT LONG at all. It's more like a medium lenght game, just the minimum I expect from an RPG, most Final Fantasy games are longer. Baldur's Gate 2 is longer, Dragon Age Origins is longer, even Knights Of The Old Republic is longer... RPGs are suposed to be long.
Post automatically merged:

I dont think this good trend, its looks like players are looking for more "pump and dump" games, to get fast fix and move on.
What's sad is that CDPR after stating many times this game would be hardcore niche and not for everyone, just went mainstream.

What's wrong about this thread? We can see articles almost every single day from gaming magazines about how people leaving this game and they comparing it to Witcher 3, so this is answer. Game already finished same percentage of players as Witcher 3, in a month. That's why they leaving, mindblowing, isn't it?

No, not really mindblowing at all....not after youve heard and read about it a couple thousand times.

Perhaps people should start writing articles about other things....instead of making needless comparisons between this game...and another thats reached 6 years old.

So today after 34 days 26.5% of players completed Cyberpunk 2077, it's same number as Witcher 3, after 5.5 years. For me this is good news, Witcher 3 was really long for some people, so I'm not surprised only 1/4 of all players completed whole main story. Story length data are from HowLongToBeat.com, so it's average, some of you maybe completed those games way faster. It's ok, not everyone is good at playing videogames or rushing main story.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Achievement Passed the Trial (51hrs main story length)
Cyberpunk 2077 - Achievement The World (21hrs main story length)

If you want to compare it to other big games..
Horizon Zero Dawn - Achievement Ended the war machine threat (22hrs main story length)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Achievement Quite the Adventure (12hrs main story length)
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Achievement Redemption (48hrs main story length)
DOOM Eternal - Achievement The Once and Future Slayer (15hrs main story length)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Achievement Odyssey's End (42hrs main story length)

CDPR "warned" us about shorter main story, are you ok with 21hrs or you wanted little bit more? Also those articles on the internet about "Cyberpunk 2077 is losing players very fast" etc are now explained, I guess. :)

A shorter story means less fun.
[...]

What the hell does it even mean to have a "too long main quest"? As long as it remains intriguing, as long as it strikes its audience with emotion, as long as it doesn't stretch out for lenght's sake, there's absolutely no issue with it being so long.
The Witcher 3's main story was not too long. It's the players' patience nowadays that's too short, and that's why most of the best AAA games in these last years don't even reach 30 hours of lenght!.

But if the choice is between a 100 hours campaign, or a 20 hours game full price, I'm definitely going for the first

That said, there are some game genres which, by nature, can't host more than 20+ hours of main story, butnit depends both on mehanics and on type of plot.

But TW3 and Cyberpunk2077, both open world RPGs are, by definition, NOT INCLUDED IN THE AFOREMENTIONED CATEGORY!

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem for me is, if a game is good, the story grips me I will dump all my hours into it. I put 1k hours into Skyrim ffs.

I played about 10hrs of the witcher 3. I hated the third person, combat and everyone has something to say that I didn't care about. So what? Well me not completing it had nothing to do with the story length. I've already put 300hrs into Cyberpunk but I fear the replayability, short main story, lack of impactful decisions and interactivity will mean I move on way before this game is polished.

I am personally one of those people who think that an AAA RPG game should have a minimum of 40 something hours worth of main campaign. Anything less just feel rushed and not worth $60 imo.

One of the examples you brought up was Tomb Raider. I used to be a diehard fanboy of the Tomb Raider series up until the last 3 entry. The game just became lame with the "new" Lara Croft. And the story lenght reflects that, especially since imo Tomb Raider should have never been about an "open world experience".... Anyways.. of topic...

I don't understand the idea that less is better. It's a single player RPG game, you can literally play it on your own pace. There is no rush to endgame, there is no need to cut story when you can literally take all the time in the world to complete it. The story and game won't go anywhere, it's not time exclusive...

Top Bottom