Today after a month, Cyberpunk completed same % of players as Witcher 3 after 5.5 years

+
'Poor" i consider not fortunate enough to sleep in there own bed under there own roof or argue stupid arguments over the internet, fortunate is watching what you spent and what on while doing so with a roof over your head while browsing the internet having silly discussions, if i was poor, by my terms, i couldn't do that.
Fortunately there are programs and things available in my country to help people like me who are both incredibly poor and also fortunate at the same time. We all have our demons and problems.

i think that wasnt the reason of the post..
all singeplayer games go down with playercount by a lot after a while
witcher 3 lost 79% after 3 months cyberpunk 79% after 1 month... which is kinda expected
also lots of countrys got like 2 weeks of hollidays so people played more
still cyberpunk after loosing 79% still got more players then witcher3 had in its prime time

Last edited:
The whole world is talking about how buggy it is, why would you expect the player count to go up??
Lots of people waiting for patches and some things to go into the game to make it better and planning to come back. It really struck me when Angry Joe said he didn't even want to do his review and it was painful for him. I am not going to wait for fixes and stuff to play and he can't wait to do his review. What experience could we have had if CDPR had waited to release the game when it was in a better state..

Lots of people waiting for patches and some things to go into the game to make it better and planning to come back. It really struck me when Angry Joe said he didn't even want to do his review and it was painful for him. I am not going to wait for fixes and stuff to play and he can't wait to do his review. What experience could we have had if CDPR had waited to release the game when it was in a better state..
Not asking you to, i personally play the game on base x1 everyday and have beat it twice with very few bugs it just looks bad my post was in reply to the op
"TODAY AFTER A MONTH, CYBERPUNK COMPLETED SAME % OF PLAYERS AS WITCHER 3 AFTER 5.5 YEARS"

So more players completed Cyberpunk 2077 then Witcher 3 after one month...

CP - Fans: "Its beacuse CP is fun!"
CP - Haters: "Its because its too short!"

Choose your narrative and fire!

Ok since I keep being told to stay on this stupid topic..sure. You can't even compare the main story in this game to W3's main story by any metric. The "side content" is actually part of the main story content in a way. Doing side content (gigs, side jobs), opens up new content and endings. Look at Steam's global achievement percentages for side content completion, it's embarrassingly low, like single digit low. All those people who didn't bother to complete the side content didn't actually get a proper completion. So we can draw a couple conclusions here.

Either the side content is so boring and irrelevant to people that they couldn't be bothered, the main story is so short that people completed it without even having the realization that they were about to complete it and missed the side content or the side content is so poorly presented that people just ignored it.

It's a total mess, it's bad game design, it's apathetic players, take your pick. Regardless the OP's post about completion compared to W3 is meaningless.

Ok since I keep being told to stay on this stupid topic..sure. You can't even compare the main story in this game to W3's main story by any metric. The "side content" is actually part of the main story content in a way. Doing side content (gigs, side jobs), opens up new content and endings. Look at Steam's global achievement percentages for side content completion, it's embarrassingly low, like single digit low. All those people who didn't bother to complete the side content didn't actually get a proper completion. So we can draw a couple conclusions here.

Either the side content is so boring and irrelevant to people that they couldn't be bothered, the main story is so short that people completed it without even having the realization that they were about to complete it and missed the side content or the side content is so poorly presented that people just ignored it.
Or they liked the main story so much, that they didnt bother doing side quests.

Or they wanted to see the end first and do the sidequests later. A lot of people do that.

It's just numbers. You can interpret it as it suits you.

And you chose to interpret them negatively.
But that doesn't mean that you (or anyone else) is right.

still cyberpunk after loosing 79% still got more players then witcher3 had in its prime time
Witcher 3 is a medieval Action-RPG with a fantasy-setting.
CP2077 was advertised for years as a storydriven Action-RPG. In a SciFi-Setting, with fancy clothes, cars and weapons blabla. It went "down" to an Action-Adventure and turned out as a Looter-Shooter with a few RPG-Elements. What many buyers didn't knew until they played it, bc the variable definition of CDP itsself.

CP2077 benefited from the success of Witcher. There is a reason why CDP carries "the creator of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" so often in their banner. And maybe that it looked like a GTA. I wouldn't have bought CP2077 without Witcher 3.

The potentially buyers of "a" CP2077 is higher then for "a" Witcher. Always be. W3 sold 30 mio. copies in 5 years with DLCs. We will see how much CP2077 reaches in this time. In the moment it looks like: bright star at the beginning (preorders), down to the ground in a few days (refunds).

why is it a loot shooter?
in lootshooters you kill enemys in the hope for better gear...

in cyberpunk you just go to a place where the iconics are and pick em up

why is it a loot shooter?
in lootshooters you kill enemys in the hope for better gear...

in cyberpunk you just go to a place where the iconics are and pick em up
There's tons of loot, some would say too much. You never really care about anything you pick up because chances are you will just loot something better pretty quickly. I'd like to care about what I might be wearing but it's not possible because it costs too much to just upgrade what I like instead of just putting on the better thing I just looted for free.

but thats the point... all loot is shit.. you only pick up the iconics that are scattered around...
you dont need that loot...
at last you dont need it if you know where to find those iconics

but it isnt...at last thats my opinion
you can even run around naked, if you play a netrunner/ghost build
a loot shooter is depending on getting better loot the longer you play it...

but its like the post of if its an rpg.. we could argue for months

The Outer Worlds, a decidedly not-triple-A game that got near-universal bashing for being too short and too shallow.
That is a lie. Steam 9/10. MetaCritic 85 Media / User score: 8.1 Xbox, 8.0 PlayStation. PC User score is 7.3 which is rather curious considering Steam score 9/10.

For me, large part of it's charm was, that it doesn't overstay its welcome.

And what comes to Destiny and that stuff where people can waste their entire lives on, I really take Cyberpunk any day over meaningless grind whatever content, for the sake of content.

So you guys go either off topic or you go into personal hostilities and we need to delete posts.

If this keeps up we'll need to lock the thread, at the very least.

Top Bottom