today i realized why alienware 18 costs what it costs :-)

+
today i realized why alienware 18 costs what it costs :)

Today i finally managed to tweak the graphics settings to run smoothly on full ultra with the exception of nVidia HairWorks. I was able to get 45 - 50 fps. This game totally looks amazing on full ultra, totally other experience, got no words to say :) i found that switching off "sharpening" in post processing, results in smoother gameplay and provides a better look.

Because it's a gaming laptop. I think they're always going to be overpriced for what you get. The 880M is more-or-less equivalent to a GTX 770, you could get a gaming PC with two GTX 970s for less than half what that cost.

Let's not kid here, that laptop costs what it costs because of a brand name. Either way, enjoy the visuals and the game.

For whatever amount you purchased concerning the alienware, you could've built an uber rig transcending your current specs.

Let's not kid here, that laptop costs what it costs because of a brand name. Either way, enjoy the visuals and the game.

Pretty much. These days it's not only cheaper (by 20%, 30%, or more) to build it yourself but it's, also, so easy the last few years (certainly the last two) if ya ever used Legos at any point in time of your life it'll be just as easy to build a computer. Working, building computers, back in the early Pentium through P3 days was a different story. Now that was a PitA.

Top Bottom