Toggle to Aim/Crouch/Sprint

+
Hey guys, just wanted to make sure this was talked about.

Toggle to aim/crouch/sprint significantly reduces strain on your hands on PC.
Even auto run would be good but maybe that's kinda pushing it.

Hope devs are able to add this to the game.

Cheers!

Ummm ...
CP2077 isn't a shooter, so you shouldn't be spending a lot of time in combat, thus this shouldn't be much of an issue.

These are good features to have regardless of what type of game it is. The game does have a lot of FPS elements so adding these little features would further enhance the user experience.

Talking about aim toggle... I’ll be pretty alone with this, but I’d hope the game didn’t have iron sights to toggle on, but just a slight zoom to represent the characters higher focus.
It’d be easier to present rougher skill effects on aim without distorting the screen too much, if it was slightly abstracted like that.

Talking about aim toggle... I’ll be pretty alone with this, but I’d hope the game didn’t have iron sights to toggle on, but just a slight zoom to represent the characters higher focus.
It’d be easier to present rougher skill effects on aim without distorting the screen too much, if it was slightly abstracted like that.
I think they said that you are able to play through the game using hip fire only and have upgrades that help with hip fire accuracy. So who knows, maybe they have cyberware that replaces ADS with a zoomed in hip fire.

It does have some shooter elements.
Elements definitely, but combat is not the primary focus/activity in the game. Thus various toggles to aim/crouch/sprint, while nice, should hardly be necessary to reduce strain on the hands.

Elements definitely, but combat is not the primary focus/activity in the game. Thus various toggles to aim/crouch/sprint, while nice, should hardly be necessary to reduce strain on the hands.

There are people out there that can't hold the shift/ctrl keys for a long time without getting hand strain. I myself find my fingers getting tired out after holding the shift key to run for a while, so having this implemented would be nice.

It also shouldn't take much development time, so I really don't see what's the issue.

Idk if you're a PC player or console, but on PC it's just a standard feature nowadays. And it's something that really impacts me cause my hands start to hurt really bad trying to hold RMB and aim at the same time, I think it's arthritis but I'm not sure.

Everything about the marketing tells me that combat will be a major component of the game. It is probably safe to assume that many players will spend a significant of time in combat, and features that help prevent repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel are probably a good idea regardless.

Crouching is used for more than just combat. It tends to be a major component of stealth, so a toggle might also help players who specifically avoid combat. Toggles for walk/run/sprint are also important for ordinary traversal. Different players want to travel at different speeds, many players want to do different things with different movement options, and cars that can't fly can't be used everywhere. I would also take the movement toggle a step further and include the option to toggle moving forward and stopping. Constantly holding w can get painful, and exploring an open world at walking speed takes a while.

Ummm ...
CP2077 isn't a shooter, so you shouldn't be spending a lot of time in combat, thus this shouldn't be much of an issue.
I will play it on a PS4. Even if it's not a shooter, the principle remains the same, because if you want to sprint for example, it would prolongue the life of the stick in a controller.

On this point you're 100% correct.

We all know there will be LOTS of combat, I only hope it's not the primary focus of the game, but as you point out the skill lists certainly indicate otherwise.

It'll be like Fallout 4, in which dialogs options only mattered about who you were gonna have to shoot next (untill proved otherwise).
They make everything combat related, expect a shooter with "rpg" elements (like, being able to say "maybe" and customize your shirt and choose a few perks), modern RPG/FPS.

It'll most likely be a good game, but expect mainly a FPS with lots of gunfights and explosions.
Just like in the 2018 demo, seemingly, you can friend with the Maelstorms, but I figure, then, the Corp won't be happy and... You'll have to fight against the Militech's corp forces.

They don't fill your pockets with explosives only to look cute, mostly that you're "immortal", so heh...
CDPR wants to sell their games to a big audience (Keanu isn't free, he even said he never play game, so I guess he didn't signed for the sake of art lol), people love and want violence.

Look how people care more about the guns animation and recoil than the actual RP, so, don't fool yourself.
They want to shoot a big gun, run on walls and cut some other people with a monoblade katana with a cool story playing in background.

Same could be said about movies.
Cyberpunk could have dealed with some deep social critics and less "guns", a more "2020" approach, a dark and grim future in which you don't want to take some vacations, but people would've complained it's too dark "and think about our kids" (even if the game is rated R).

Look at the movies Joker vs John Wick.
Joker shows you the "travel" from a tortured man, in a fucked up society, to the point he snaps and start to do some crazy shit (I saw it, it's more "socially violent" than an actual display of graphic violence, it's pretty good btw). But people rant about it "too violent", "you can't show us this", etc...
When actually the violence is more about how crazy the world can be when you push people to the edge and give them the tools to do so (guns, class-war, rich stepping on the lower class's face, etc...), replace Joker by Johnny Silverhand back from the pan-american's war and you have the same shit.
He just started an hardcore band and did some terrorist actions against big corps instead of becoming Joker.

Now, John Wick, it's a superhero (and, it's really made like a model to follow, almost) which find it legitimate to kill hundreds of people violently, using guns and other awfull technics simply because... they killed his dog.
So, there, ultraviolence and stabbing people to death with a pen is justified, it's even celebrated like if it's a cool thing to do, people even said "Don't give a pen to Johnny Silverhand".

Cyberpunk 2020 was Joker.
I think Cyberpunk 2077 will be John Wick.

I can be wrong tho, but that's the feeling I have from how they market the game.
It's a "cool" fest, celebrating big guns, corporate ads and use of violence.
While originaly, maybe it's me, but it was more aimed in a... "disgusted" side of it.

So yeah "we don't want to take a side, grab a gun, shoot and judge by yourself"

Last edited:
Although CP77 is not a full blown shooter, I would really welcome oll options for a shooter. Just to be there, like leaning, etc. But, with the ricochet mechanics (which is like "that is not how physics works") I sadly assume it won't be there.

Ummm ...
What does that statement even mean? It's a game where you shoot things, thus making it a shooter. You can pretentiously pretend that this game is somehow above the rest of gaming to the point where it is no longer subject to the same nomenclature, but that doesn't make it true.

It's a game where you shoot things, thus making it a shooter.

I think what Su meant there is that while it's true a big chunk of potential gameplay involves shooting things, it's not the point of the game. Not how shooting is the point in Doom or CoD, Battlefield, Halo and so on.

Personally I think the whole "you shoot things hence Shooter/FPS" is wrong and misleading.

That said, if the gameplay does allow for shooting as a potential focus for the player than it should feature the latest in terms of enhancements and features including QoL ones such as the ones the OP suggested.

Not sure how people don't see this game as a shooter with RPG elements but yeah, it should have those QOL features. Most of what we've seen in the game is shooting....

Top Bottom