Toggles and Keybinds

+
I recently went back and started a new playthrough because of the new patch that was released. But they haven't fix what in my opinion are blatantly glaring issues.
Such as not being able to rebind F to something else and not having a toggle option for ADS. not being able to rebind F messes up a lot of other bindings I usually have that have to be moved around just to accommodate this. Why the hell cant we rebind the keys as we wish? I can't imagine how this is some kind technical challenge that just can't Be overcome, and the fact I can't play the game in the way I want to actually puts me off playing...

I don't want to mess around with mods and dig through files to fix my bindings.
And x-mouse button control (witch I have to use for every other fucking game that refuses to put in ADS toggle) doesn't even work in CP for some reason.
CDPR, can you please put this in the game? these are things that should be in every AAA game ffs.

Agreed, the control options in the game's settings are too limited, but at least it's possible to change it (on PC at least) by modifying the settings files (InputUserMappings.xml).

Here's my list of what I'd like to see:
  • All actions remappable for keyboard and mouse, including interact and menu controls.
  • Same thing for gamepad, with a new section (Controller Bindings).
  • Toggle for ADS/Aim, scanning, gadget and everything else that is a hold action. Also the option to set crouch to hold for gamepad. Essentially hold/toggle options for everything relevant in the game.
  • Option to lock in-game icons to either keyboard/mouse or gamepad.
  • Option to manually change button icons between Xbox One controller and DS4.
The last three are not possible by editing the files, as far as I know, so it's something that CD Projekt Red should look into. I also think it's inexplicable that basic settings get ignored in big budget games like this.

I also think it's inexplicable that basic settings get ignored in big budget games like this.

I REALLY wish one of the DEV at CDPR would secretly drop a READIT post explaining the reason they locked out certain Key bindings. Even if the reason is * ridiculous (as long it is the real reason) it would make me feel better to know.

*our testers liked our default bindings so it never came up.
*it was an intricate part of a public domain program library and did not have time to get familiarized with the code.
*sabotage by a disgruntled employee.
*it is related to proprietary specs for games that use a controller so we do not talk about this.
* we done f#@K up and just forgot to fix this before release and now have bigger fish to fry.
*it was buried in the hard code too many times for years, we realized it needed to be fixed but was prioritised below other problems.

Vampire the masquerade (over a decade old) is famous for putting a lot of work into having almost perfect bindings per play testers but they STILL made sure each one was capable of being re-bind to the players needs.

Last edited:
Adding my support for fully rebindable keys and maybe a CDPR suggestions forum where the game devs actually read the posts or at least get a breakdown of player requests.

It's good to see this topic close to the top of the forum board. This is quite a mystery.. This should be the easiest and most obvious thing to fix. I started playing this game on release, and I found that My use of 'C' instead of F for all interaction just wasnt possible in the menu.. I ended up following a guide and edited the ini file to get my keys right.. Unfortunately I also learned that when they drop a patch that changes somethings the changes I made to that file is overwritten, and I lose my ingame keybinds again having to re-fiddle inside ini files to be able to set my preferred keybinds.. This alone was the reason I gave up on the game a year ago and never got far with the story. Now I come back a year later with the new patches just released. I find that I can bind C as use, but I bind Q to Scan (toggle) and the moment I want to pick up and drop a character body it is all just a mess again.. The keybinds do NOT let me re-bind the default hardcoded R for pick up, and Q for drop.. so I have to trigger my custom R-key action whenever I pick up a body, and I then go into Scan mode whenever I try to drop that body.. Is this really how short the progress is in a full year? That we can't even still make custom binds work? Sorry for the harsh post, but I am very dissapointed - Guess I'll try to give it another year. It's truly not enjoyable to play when not even the keybinds can be made to work.

Unfortunately I also learned that when they drop a patch that changes somethings the changes I made to that file is overwritten, and I lose my ingame keybinds again having to re-fiddle inside ini files to be able to set my preferred keybinds.

I edit once, save the file and drop it in the folder after each patch. There was one time that did not work because they actually did make a new key binding file. So I had to re edit the new one. But that was only one time I could remember.

Bumping this since it's still missing in the last major update. My proposed list of changes above are still needed in the game. These are really some of the major shortcomings of the game's settings and they need to be addressed. These kind of things should be standard in all games by now.

A new year, a new bump. Cyberpunk 2077 won the Labor of Love Steam Award, so I think it's pretty resonable to expect the developers to add some basic and frequently requested settings in the future, like full controller remapping. Implementing the changes I proposed above would improve the customizability and accessibility enormously.

For controller remapping, the game could have separate mappings for tapping and holding the buttons. You would press right and left to choose between the buttons, with tapping and holding available for all of them, instead of pressing a button you would like to assign. So, for instance, Use Combat Gadget and Aim Combat Gadget would be two separate mappings, with the former mapped to pressing RB/R1 and the latter to holding RB/R1.

I'd also change dialogue confirmation to the confirmation button instead of the interact button on controller. Or at least make it separately remappable.

Still missing most of these features. There are controller layouts now, but no custom. Could CDPR at least add a way to swap buttons within the layouts? Also, is it really that hard to add an option to select the controller icons?

Unbeliaveble that in 3 years they managed to not put hold/toggle option especially for aiming.
I think nobody of them Is a FPS player

Top Bottom