Tom Clancy's The Division

+
Tom Clancy's The Division

So this game has finally got a release date after 3 years of wondering what the hell it was. I think this game could be surprisingly good (and this is coming from a guy who is angry with Ubisoft and it's piss-poor treatment of gamers).

What do the rest of you guys think? I have no idea what to think of it now.

It's an always-online, persistent universe, pseudo-MMO just like Destiny. It'll have a WOW style looting system. Small open-world maps with limited players per map (to cut down on lag). Who knows about the combat at this point?

Personally, I'm not excited for it. But I did hear someone on a Diablo 3 podcast say it's really fun. So who knows? Rainbow 6 Siege was good. Maybe Ubisoft will pull through.

The reason that I'm not all going prejudiced (because Ubisoft) on this is because it's being made by the old Massive Entertainment, which I respect. Hopefully Ubi won't mess it up though... But yeah, I'm not expecting a miracle. Nevertheless, it might be an alright game, with some amount of fun. Especially if you have a few friends to play it with, I assume. I think it'll be a 7.5-8 game, which is fine by me :) But if they can actually hit the atmosphere correctly (maybe something in the lines of Freedom Fighters, with all the base expanding and "regaining the city" and stuff), then I'd be positively surprised. But I believe the trick to actually have fun with this game will be to keep the expectations low :)

One other thing to add. Like I said, this game is a lot like Destiny. But Destiny was a poorly executed mess. If The Division takes Destiny's concept and executes it well I can see it getting 9/10s from a lot of major gaming sites. Take that however you will.

One other thing to add. Like I said, this game is a lot like Destiny. But Destiny was a poorly executed mess. If The Division takes Destiny's concept and executes it well I can see it getting 9/10s from a lot of major gaming sites. Take that however you will.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a game like that if it's done well. Hell, I'm sure most of us would be fine with it since a lot of us play games like Diablo, which you can clearly see was one of several inspirations for the Witcher 3 loot system. If they can pull something like that off with The Division, then I can see it becoming very popular.

So I just started watching Angry Joe's video, I watched before several others. So this game have actual story, and cutscenes which I didn't expected to be honest. So technically this can be an almost single player experience? It is looks good, but I don't know what to think about this game. The damage system is just a joke.
Escape form Tarkow is still much more appealing to me.

Last edited:
am really exited for this one, pre ordered for the beta, been a while since i dived into an mmo, played wow for years, i miss the endless grinding for loots and min/maxing your character

So, I was able to try it out after all. When I saw the system reqs I was like, "okay, I won't playing this" but when I started the beta I was surprised. My PC is almost equail to the min reqs and runned on hihgh setting most of the time with 40-50 fps. Sadly there was not so much content which is strange, I expected a bit more main missions at least. After playing it, I don't have problem with the damage system, I kinda liked the gameplay. You could barely see how the main game will works. There was no crafting, no perks and a very few skills avaible for I have no idea why. The graphich are downgraded but not so much, once I was in the Dark Zone, it was night time, foggy and heavy snowing. Atmospheric as hell, I generally liked the music as well. I still have no idea that I will pick it up, or not though.

So, I was able to try it out after all. When I saw the system reqs I was like, "okay, I won't playing this" but when I started the beta I was surprised. My PC is almost equail to the min reqs and runned on hihgh setting most of the time with 40-50 fps. Sadly there was not so much content which is strange, I expected a bit more main missions at least. After playing it, I don't have problem with the damage system, I kinda liked the gameplay. You could barely see how the main game will works. There was no crafting, no perks and a very few skills avaible for I have no idea why. The graphich are downgraded but not so much, once I was in the Dark Zone, it was night time, foggy and heavy snowing. Atmospheric as hell, I generally liked the music as well. I still have no idea that I will pick it up, or not though.

Thanks for the summary mate. I imagine it will probably be better on release, though they've said that only Manhattan will be in the game at launch as they haven't finished the other New York islands yet. Looks like it got bigger than they originally thought it would. I''l be getting it when I see TB's WTF is.

Thanks for the summary mate. I imagine it will probably be better on release, though they've said that only Manhattan will be in the game at launch as they haven't finished the other New York islands yet. Looks like it got bigger than they originally thought it would. I''l be getting it when I see TB's WTF is.

Oh yeah. I am really over the fence of picking this one up. The Ubisoft got itself together, since R6 I suprised twice, when I expected a wreckage I got a well working product. If the media says that the final version have way more life on the streets, I will most likely jump on this.

Yes, The Division. A bit of a wild card, but i did try it in two betas and it's felt quite solid.

Gameplay is really top notch, and it looks like it is very strong multiplayer RPG in its core. I actually prefer that it is actually a RPG with shooter elements, and not other way around.
NY feels very immersive with a huge variety of different weather effects.
Shame though, that content was so cut off in beta. Really only thing that worries me is longevity and how much appealing content there is. I can live with very grindy enviroment, and i've been waiting for a game where i can farm, craft and progress my character, but i hope there is actually depth in crafting and itemization, and end-game offers something different than Dark Zone, or Dark zone in itself is much more expanded in full game, which did not offer anything interesting in beta state, for me atleast.

Going to be playing on PC =)

Hmm....interesting:

Looks like they've got Destiny by the neck and are repeatedly punching it in the face.

Top Bottom