Tomorrow !

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheShift;n7679220 said:
Let's See wut wow wow inside

He's gona be a busy guy today

You can tell he is doing his Job when he says things like "Woooooooow" when you pull 5 duplicates and no epics/legendaries. I mean in the end he is known for TROLLing :D

No? Ok, I'm already leaving :>

The update was supposed to be my after-Super-Bowl-hangover-cure, now I'm forced to play Witcher 1 because I just received a free copy :D

nestalim;n7675840 said:
I can't wait anymore !

No more ST crap thinning ST, no more PFI, no more Reaver Scout spam.

Tomorrow <3

Oh PLEASE! So basically the idea in most of your heads is: "ST and NR are op cause they are well made decks so we should NERF them" rather than: "Monsters and SK are useless so we should Buff them". That is total bs. It's like saying that I should be nerfed because I can outrun a starving kid from a third-world country rather than get the kid something to eat so that he can match me. Not only is it a bs logic it will turn NR and ST at completely useless aswell so it will all boil down to who got the luckiest hand rather than actually devising a strategy of how to play your cards to achieve maximum effect.

JUST ACCEPT IT! Monsters and SK are useless and punishing NR and ST which have a core strategy is a wrong way to go about solving the problem. Just give SK good cards to discard and monster a bigger variety of unit effects and everyone will have their own strategy AND be equally powerful.

I am sorry but I don't agree with your opinion or anyone who shares it, in my opinion it's wrong and honestly foolish. And sure I play NR but I used to play SK until I realised that the reason I had such a bad W/L ration with it was because it only has a few cards that can synergise. Take a look and NR! a big part of their cards synergise enabling them to achieve a better combo and increase the efficiency of each cards played. With SK the only units that really benefit from discarding are Clan Dimun Captain, Warship (or something like that), Queensguard and Axemen. Which might seem like a big variety but you end up losing all your cards and after round 1 you are with 5 vs 8 cards, ofc you can't win BUT its not NR problem that they have good cards.

SO PEOPLE LETS ALL GET OUT AND PROTEST AGAINST THIS NEW RACIST, FACIST AND DISCRIMINATING UPDATE! NO, MORE, HITLER GWENT!

PS: I stand by everything I say in this post (apart from that last phrase obviously) and yes I do believe that this is wrong. But unfortunatelly I can't change the game myself. I get why people who play Mon. or SK would be (and I am trying not to offend people with the following phrase) "butt hurt" but if the take a closer look to it they will see that these decks are messy and unorganised which in turn makes them weak.

AlkamlBan;n7680340 said:
Something something something Dark Side...

Actually, I would rather play 99 PFI decks in a row than play one more goddamn Skellige Warship Resurrection Deck. I would rather play against ST deck thinning while being kicked in the nuts by a midget wrestler, than play another Skellige Warship Resurrection Deck. I would rather let my opponent play 25 gold cards in his deck, than play another Skellige Warship Resurrection Deck.

AlkamlBan;n7680340 said:
Oh PLEASE! So basically the idea in most of your heads is: "ST and NR are op cause they are well made decks so we should NERF them" rather than: "Monsters and SK are useless so we should Buff them". That is total bs. It's like saying that I should be nerfed because I can outrun a starving kid from a third-world country rather than get the kid something to eat so that he can match me. Not only is it a bs logic it will turn NR and ST at completely useless aswell so it will all boil down to who got the luckiest hand rather than actually devising a strategy of how to play your cards to achieve maximum effect.

JUST ACCEPT IT! Monsters and SK are useless and punishing NR and ST which have a core strategy is a wrong way to go about solving the problem. Just give SK good cards to discard and monster a bigger variety of unit effects and everyone will have their own strategy AND be equally powerful.

I am sorry but I don't agree with your opinion or anyone who shares it, in my opinion it's wrong and honestly foolish. And sure I play NR but I used to play SK until I realised that the reason I had such a bad W/L ration with it was because it only has a few cards that can synergise. Take a look and NR! a big part of their cards synergise enabling them to achieve a better combo and increase the efficiency of each cards played. With SK the only units that really benefit from discarding are Clan Dimun Captain, Warship (or something like that), Queensguard and Axemen. Which might seem like a big variety but you end up losing all your cards and after round 1 you are with 5 vs 8 cards, ofc you can't win BUT its not NR problem that they have good cards.

SO PEOPLE LETS ALL GET OUT AND PROTEST AGAINST THIS NEW RACIST, FACIST AND DISCRIMINATING UPDATE! NO, MORE, HITLER GWENT!

PS: I stand by everything I say in this post (apart from that last phrase obviously) and yes I do believe that this is wrong. But unfortunatelly I can't change the game myself. I get why people who play Mon. or SK would be (and I am trying not to offend people with the following phrase) "butt hurt" but if the take a closer look to it they will see that these decks are messy and unorganised which in turn makes them weak.

Fortunately, you can't change the game itself.

ST Ciri/Roach was a cheap strategy that anyone can pull out with little to nothing decision making, the whole strenght of the deck was based on how stupid was the synergy between Rally/Merc/BMC, which was by sure a bad game design.

In Magic, your card would have been banned, be happy that we can correct it. Gwent is not made to be able to play 100% of your deck. Thinning with Discard/Banish/Mull is a thing and those tools should be useful.

NR could both thins and pull value on the board while playing bad designed card like Bloody Baron which will pull more than 26 STR of value on the board himself on 3 rounds. That is crazy BS. and PFI was a cheap unskill strategy. The game needs some, but come on !

Game is now fine, it will need some time to adapt and it's clearly needs more nerfs/buffs, until the final relese, but CDPR did a good job on this patch. Nothing seems out of control and I doubt we will find again a deck that plays during 2 rounds 25 cards.

nestalim;n7681090 said:
Game is now fine, it will need some time to adapt and it's clearly needs more nerfs/buffs, until the final relese, but CDPR did a good job on this patch. Nothing seems out of control and I doubt we will find again a deck that plays during 2 rounds 25 cards.

Well... crones get you 24 in one round, not even scorchable.

frbfree;n7681060 said:
Actually, I would rather play 99 PFI decks in a row than play one more goddamn Skellige Warship Resurrection Deck. I would rather play against ST deck thinning while being kicked in the nuts by a midget wrestler, than play another Skellige Warship Resurrection Deck. I would rather let my opponent play 25 gold cards in his deck, than play another Skellige Warship Resurrection Deck.
Just play dwarf ST. Apparently i can't win that matchup to save my life.

DMaster2;n7681410 said:
Just play dwarf ST. Apparently i can't win that matchup to save my life.

I actually like Monster Weather and Radovid Direct Damage. I've never had a Dwarf ST. And it's not that I constantly get crushed by SK Res, it's just that there are so many of them in higher ranks anymore. Like, in lower ranks, everything was NR/ST. Once I hit Level 35/Rank 7 (currently 50/11) it seems like 3/5 of all decks I play against are SK Res.

Wonder why they are leaving the update so late in the day, if something goes wrong they will have to pull an all nighter to fix it.

HenryGrosmont;n7677600 said:
Hahaha...

That's their problem, I'd say...

No, it is not. Read below...

That's your CDPR guys' assumption :p

Sapkowski actually has Borkh debating Geralt's point "that Golden Dragon is a legend" by saying that maybe there is one, a mutation. He also relates to Geralt being unable to sire children by holding Saskia and saying that he will survive through her. On top of that, he says that the hatchling was his payment (another "draconian witcher" reference) for helping Myrgtabrakke to safety. The same way Geralt binds himself to Ciri.

https://youtu.be/DK13CogzU58?t=5m12s

nestalim;n7681090 said:
Fortunately, you can't change the game itself.
ST Ciri/Roach was a cheap strategy that anyone can pull out with little to nothing decision making, the whole strenght of the deck was based on how stupid was the synergy between Rally/Merc/BMC, which was by sure a bad game design.
In Magic, your card would have been banned, be happy that we can correct it. Gwent is not made to be able to play 100% of your deck. Thinning with Discard/Banish/Mull is a thing and those tools should be useful.
NR could both thins and pull value on the board while playing bad designed card like Bloody Baron which will pull more than 26 STR of value on the board himself on 3 rounds. That is crazy BS. and PFI was a cheap unskill strategy. The game needs some, but come on !
That is though what I am talking about. You people want balance (me too obviously I would love to not have to play NR to win all the time) BUT by nerfing NR you remove the strategic thinking aspect. Gonna use a metaphor here:

Ok so me and Ahmad from Syria who was left to starve by ISIS are gonna have a race. Obviously since I am well fed and physically fit (if you call a guy who sits 3 hours in front of his computer daily fit) I will obviously win Ahmad. But how can we balance this scenario? 2 ways:

1) Let me starve: this way we both have equal chances of winning so...balance

2) Feed Ahmad: this way we still have equal chances of winning so... again... balance

But there is a fundamental difference. This game doesn't just depend on brute strength aka play all you hand at once and the one who had the better one (aka the "lucky" one since we have a random factor in play that is the cards you get) wins. That would be dull and boring so we bring strategy at the game.

Ok so now you pit me against Ahmad in a Chess match. Obviously I win so we must balance. Lets take the above mentioned balance ways and check them:

1) Feed Ahmad: We both have a chance to win and it makes for an interesting game since we both play strategically trying to outplay each other

2) Starve Me: I get a brain the size of a rice grain and we both just do random moves till one of us wins. AND HERE LIES THE PROBLEM.

By doing random moves since we have no concept of strategy makes the game boring and stale, BALANCED but BORING cause there is no special awesome technique you can pull off to gain those 3 extra point (or something). Sure the update balanced the game but it demolished the strategy that NR had which was an awesome technique.

So why should we Nerf NR so that Bloody Baron can't bring 24 points to the board when we can buff Monsters or SK so that they can do something of equivalent strength? It makes the game balanced + more interesting! Overall a win-win.

I am not against balancing the game, on the contrary I want it but I just don't see how the current update does that without ruining the strategy NR had so nicely used (or ST). Instead decks with no strategy like Monsters and SK lack because of just that. Sure they can pull some stuff off but unless your hand is completely shit you will be able to win at least 1 round because YOU PLAYED YOUR CARDS WELL and not because your cards just had more strength than the opponent's.

Yeah. Let's get back to the topic of the patch release. This thread about the new patch is not the place for debate of X faction was OP/UP in old version of the game and needed nerf/buff. There are numerous topics dedicated to that discussion over in general discussions.

EDIT: Upon further reflection, please use the official patch topic over in the news sub-forum. Locking this one since the patch has released now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom