Tons of issues on PS4

+
On the PS4 I started with a previous save where I was level 24. Every time I turn the game on it acts like I've never played before and I have to do ALL settings. I can't manually save and all of my previous saves including my New Game+'s are gone! Food gives 10 and 15 instead of 50 and 80. My skills that level to 5 all only level to 3 although my skill points were given back to me. I forged my Griffin Gear to superior and it acted like it was my first time. Some of the autosaves won't even load. Don't have the Ray Tracing on PS4 but it stutters and flickers like others say it does with it. Can't pick up honeycombs anymore. As I play the problems get worse and there are new ones popping in. It's like a virus eating away at my game. Wish I had never taken the download.

Last edited:
Yeah i've the same issues, and more, after some hours of playing (don't judge me) the game just shut down with a message "Game issue with the witcher 3"

It's particulary annoying.

Oh and Samdana the skills it's not a bug, they just make the skills different, part of the patch.

FROM OFIER'S DISTANT SHORES--After latest patch 4.00 the bug is still here for me on ps4 :( there is no diagram still in the chest at the bandit camp​

Same here
I have already deleted and reinstalled the game, but the problems persist...
When reinstalling the game, you can select that you want to play the game without an update, but when you start the game, an error message appears.

Same here
I have already deleted and reinstalled the game, but the problems persist...
When reinstalling the game, you can select that you want to play the game without an update, but when you start the game, an error message appears.
I tried all kinds of tricks to get it back to normal. Only solution was to uninstall the game, turn off automatic updates and use a CD of the game. Since all of my old saves were from the digital version of the game they show up but can't be used. However I am at least able to play the old 1.60v of the game normally and save.

On the PS4 I started with a previous save where I was level 24. Every time I turn the game on it acts like I've never played before and I have to do ALL settings. I can't manually save and all of my previous saves including my New Game+'s are gone! Food gives 10 and 15 instead of 50 and 80. My skills that level to 5 all only level to 3 although my skill points were given back to me. I forged my Griffin Gear to superior and it acted like it was my first time. Some of the autosaves won't even load. Don't have the Ray Tracing on PS4 but it stutters and flickers like others say it does with it. Can't pick up honeycombs anymore. As I play the problems get worse and there are new ones popping in. It's like a virus eating away at my game. Wish I had never taken the download.
hope theres a fix

I got the same issue. The game keeps stacking saves and checkpoints to the point that your manual saves won't show. I solved this problem by deleting old saves and checkpoints that I won't use and the latest manual save eventually appeared. Even the screen adjustment problem disappeared. Try doing this by deleting unwanted saves. That's annoying I know. If it works you'll have to keep deleting old checkpoints from time to time. Be sure to check all checkpoints I am sure you'll find all of your saves and your progress as well

I'm having tons of similar issues. I'm playing off the CD on PS4, and it downloaded the 4.0 update around December 19th. Since then the game has been unplayable. The settings reset, I have to watch the entire intro video at the beginning of the game each time and all but one of my saves are gone. When i try to load any of the manual or auto saves that are there, I just get a message that says "Please wait until the required game content is ready before launching the game" and it has a bar at 56% and never changes.

I also can't start either of the expansion games. My only option is starting a brand new game. The timing is horrible. I had just reached level 50 and was a few quests and 3 trophies away from full completion and my plan was to finish over my winter break. Due to these issues, I simply can't play.

Hopefully they come out with a patch soon!

Attachments

• Witcher3.jpg
    Witcher3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 65
Mine won't even manually save. And since last week it won't save automatically either.
Tried cleaning the cache (only made the title screen change), tried erasing old save files to free up space... still can't play because it won't save at all, even if the symbol of autosave appears after a cutscene, if I go to load the last save there is from January 2
This is so frustrating...
I'm tempted to uninstall the game and start anew, after all, all old saves from previous games are gone since the update...

Mine won't even manually save. And since last week it won't save automatically either.
Tried cleaning the cache (only made the title screen change), tried erasing old save files to free up space... still can't play because it won't save at all, even if the symbol of autosave appears after a cutscene, if I go to load the last save there is from January 2
This is so frustrating...
I'm tempted to uninstall the game and start anew, after all, all old saves from previous games are gone since the update...
If you keep deleting checkpoints the saves will appear eventually. In my case, the saves keep stacking that newer saves won't appear unless I get rid of older ones.

If you keep deleting checkpoints the saves will appear eventually. In my case, the saves keep stacking that newer saves won't appear unless I get rid of older ones.

Guess I'll try again, nothing to loose after all...
But last time I tried erasing old files, nothing happened at all...

Edit: after erasing like 3/4 of the autosave and checkpoint files (some of which were corrupted and made the console kick in a message of "an error happened"), the save files of almost an hour of progress I thought I had lost appeared on the list!
But really, I don't understand how this all works: if the files were in deed there (visible or not), why the heck did it take me to the last visible file when I pressed "continue" on the title screen instead of taking me to the last actual file???
Anyways, lets hope the fix soon the manual save function!

Last edited:
Top Bottom