Too boring game

+
Too boring game

Gwent - my conclusion:

it gets boring to play against the same Henselt and other 4-5 repeated decks again and again. I don't have top cards to play these decks, nor the scraps to craft them, so I'm losing against it repeatedly. Being stuck at rank 10 for eternity with level 33, there is no real progress for me - moving a little up and again down is very frustrating.

Repetitive, not for a long run for me. At the rank 10 and above no real variety, top winning decks are all the same in general, same Henselts, same devour decks etc., just different player names. So no surprises. I enjoyed the low level game, this not. Did spend minimum cash on Kegs, so ... who cares.

Go try the new HS expansion. I played that a bit this morning and already bored with it and back to Gwent. I think this game just needs more cards and I'd love to see a 6th faction. And open Beta up pls!

In nearly every CCG in existence the top of the leaderboards are always full of the "meta" decks.
This game has quite a lot of different decks considering the amount of cards in the game and the 25 deck limit

Im Level 40 but forever stuck in rank 13 *me cry* it gets pretty depressing when your playing rank only to loose and watch your MMR plummet like the day after the fourth of july (ive never experience fourth of july, so i dont really know the hubub about it XD ) so to keep my skin from wrinkling like an old man, i stick to casual games, you know, get em winning vibes back so i feel like a new man XD then occasionally do a few rank games. Try to balance the two modes so you dont feel like tossing your monitor out of your window.

It is boring if you play for rank but this is the same for any CCG, try casual mode cause it's a bit more diverse.

Agree with Iuliandrei. I've stopped playing ranked games and moved back to casual because the mix of decks is greater. I play different factions all the time, moving from faction to faction as I come across different opposing decks that do things in different ways which I then try to replicate to increase my understanding of how those decks work and how they can then be ultimately countered. I might try a ranked game or two later but I'm not really interested in reaching rank 15, I'm content leveling off at rank 12 and trying out new things.

I kind of agree that the game is boring right now, I mostly play casual and its just swarming with the same bullshit as ranked lately. I think its mosly because its been a while since we've had any real update - the last patch seemed to remove variety more than added. Hopefully we'll get some new stuff soon, and the mess of removing effects from cards will be reverted.

Any TCG ever, Hell even World of Warcraft 3v3's certain stuff gets played at higher mmr simply because it yields the best results, no way around it.

Yehh I have to left gwent. Imo problem is not a card no. but few same strategies with same cards & I think that's why we need few cards with multiple abilities like do this or do that so that we going to have more variety like First Light or Blizzard.

And of course cdpr needs to think about unique abilities rather then just buff / damage / resurrection etc. I mean it's ok but some abilities should work tricky way.

For Example - I have suggests ability for Villentretenmerth that he will mark two cards on opp. side & then counter will tic on those two cards so to save those two cards from destroy we have to either lock those cards or replay with decoy.

So this way it's going to add more dramatic & exiting gameplay. Now this is just an example I am giving for Villentretenmerth the whole point is to add more drama to abilities so that two cards are not going to look like same. Just look at Triss / Roche / Iorveth what all 3 cards are doing? just damaging opp. cards for x strength :/

265feral;n8342340 said:
Agree with Iuliandrei. I've stopped playing ranked games and moved back to casual because the mix of decks is greater. I play different factions all the time, moving from faction to faction as I come across different opposing decks that do things in different ways which I then try to replicate to increase my understanding of how those decks work and how they can then be ultimately countered. I might try a ranked game or two later but I'm not really interested in reaching rank 15, I'm content leveling off at rank 12 and trying out new things.

Woohoo, were both on the same seat, im also Rank 12, Screw being rank 15, hahaha, man, im really am depress playing rank XD but yey, i too wanna test out different decks and creating new forms of strategies. But mostly i just wanna have fun in using my non-meta deck XD

i think part of the challenge of climbing up the ranks is to experiment (or net deck) your way up there. not complaining that you can't rank up. that's the whole point for you to be able to defeat these repetitive decks and rank up...

Ruthless95;n8343190 said:
i think part of the challenge of climbing up the ranks is to experiment (or net deck) your way up there. not complaining that you can't rank up. that's the whole point for you to be able to defeat these repetitive decks and rank up...

Absolutely right! I was recently on a bad losing streak with my monster deck. So I took a look at some of the metas and boy, some interesting tactics that didn't occur to me. Busted out my note pad and took notes XD Made adjustments to my decks and sure enough, began winning once again. First tested out in casual to work out the kinks, then made my way to ranked with ease.

I've played mostly NG, NR and monster pre-patch. At some point in my ranked matches I hit a wall and began to lose at a higher rate, I would research the meta decks and read up on their tactics and adjust accordingly. There won't be a deck you make that is 100% win rate.

Adjustments will always have to be made, keeping account on what cards have been played, and anticipating the next move.

Can't tell you how many times I've said, "Screw this, I'm done with gwent!" Then I research, make adjustments and I'm back at it again with my monster deck streak.

This is why I strongly think that Gwent has to have some kind of play mode that includes drafting a deck from a random, not collection-based, poll of cards (similar to sealed format in magic/arena in hearthstone). These formats are great for people looking to avoid the boring meta grind, they also bring a lot of variety to the gameplay, and a lot of surprising games and decks. CDPR - PLEASE give us something like this...
Pretty please?

They need to add some silver/gold cards at lower rarities, otherwise we'll be seeing the same 6 decks all the time.

Agree. A new play mode with both players choosing a random deck from a mutual database with all the cards included. Different variations of perfectly built decks :D

All CCG's will fall into a state where a handful of decks makes up the Meta, even if things are patched people will netdeck the seemingly most powerful ones creating a new meta with the same situation. (i still remember the horror that was Hearthstones Meta before the Un'goro XP was released. Blithin pirate\aggro decks...)
Hopefully the devs will balance the game better upon release of OB + new influx of (alot of) new players will help create deck diversity.

For a new CCG, gwent ain't that bad and with new cards incomming alongside a patch, things will change again (hopefully to something even better).

I hope you, the topic creator, will find a game that suits you. :)

Top Bottom