Too few romantic/sexual interests?

+
Too few romantic/sexual interests?

Compared to TW1 there is only half as many women, and most of them were prostitutes. Why is Geralt forced to pay for most of his women? It would have been interesting to see him with say, Sile (she tries to seduce him to kill the Kayran), Saskia (from the peasant's dream crystal she's no virgin), and Philippa and Cynthia (they're not lesbomancers, they were just waiting for him).

I am pretty sure the peasant's dream was just a fantasy, like Iorveth's.

And no. I am glad that the rather ridiculous (though funny) sex logic in TW1 was dropped, in lieu of character development and more interesting female characters.

If Philippa has any sort of soft spot, it's for Triss, not Geralt. Sile might have been interesting, but I don't really enjoy having Geralt play around with every woman he meets, so the reduction in number didn't bother me. Although...the Malena encounter was pretty cool. What you do get in TW2 is treated with more dignity, even when it's just for fun, which I like as an evolution in the franchise. The cards in TW1 made me snicker, but that's about it.

You know what I really like about the prostitutes in TW games? Their humanity (in the broadest sense, since they aren't all human) isn't ignored, and the dangers of their work aren't swept under the rug.

I prefer quality over quantity. The characters in the game were excellent. So adding in such a feature, particularly if it feels tacked on, would detract from the relationships you can have, which although more limited, I found to be more involved and satisfying than a quick tumble in the hay.

Give me Triss and Ves over all those peasant women on the make anytime. The gratuitous sex in TW1 got silly, even though some of the scenes (and most of the cards) were well done. What they did put in TW2 is better motivated and better played out.

The lack of sexual opportunities in the game seemed to me to be part of a larger trend. Geralt and his buddies don't spend much time socializing, and most of the characters are very focused on the business at hand.

God help me, but I actually missed Vaska's water lords. Her religious mania was wacko, but it did add flavor to the game, flavor that I think the all-business characters in TW2 are missing.

I liked having a few women in each chapter throw themselves at Geralt in TW1; it seemed to confirm that he was an unusual person and a rare event in most people's lives. I missed it in TW2.

slimgrin said:
I would have liked access to Elven prostitutes. :)

Oh yea.

I'm fine with just having Triss and Ves plus the whores. They had much more depth. I would mind a last romance for the third Act because seeing Dethmold with his slave or servant was...creepy.

I'm not too sure if the sex logic in TW2 is all that different than TW1. You do seem to be in a more serious relationship with Triss, and Ves shows more character than TW1 romantic interests. However, the succubus and elven woman in chapter 2 are like most TW1 sexual encounters ex. You scratch my back (help me do something) and I'll let you plough me from the back. I'm also not sure if women being ploughed by Geralt (who shows little interest other than sex) in every way conceivable is that much different from sex cards.

But chapter one is very good at showing the dangers of sex, for prostitutes (ex. Margot and Derae) and for men (ex. in the Malena quest).

I agree with Corylea that Geralt is a unique fella, and it's plausible some women would be inclined to take him for a ride just because of who he is. TW2 does have a more urgent feel, faster pacing, so the lack of casual sex seems fitting I guess. He doesn't really have time for it like he did in Murky Waters or Vizima.

Heh..but that didn't stop him with Toruviel. ;)

Did anybody else do like me?

Earned money from quests and quick saved in front of the whorehouse outside the Kaedwenian camp and just f**ked all dem hoes before quickloading to the previous save game :D

I'm such a perv, and CDPR so are you!

eskiMoe said:
Did anybody else do like me?

Earned money from quests and quick saved in front of the whorehouse outside the Kaedwenian camp and just f**ked all dem hoes before quickloading to the previous save game :D

I'm such a perv, and CDPR so are you!
Lol! I know! I would love to see the video of the Mo-Cap performers "doing it". I bet they were laughing away at it or at least had a big smile on them.

Gimme back my sex cards! The plowghing animations are too repetitive in this game! Eccept for doggy style, you can never have enough doggy style!

Top Bottom