Too much Johnny

+
I honestly thing Johnny Silverhand wasn't that overwhelming and for the game of Cyberpunk. He does have a popular trend in the PnP story and the lore, so it would make sense having him involved in the game as he's a keylink to many of these popular things. From Rogue, to Arasaka, it was Johnny who mostly got you into those place because let's be honest. V probably wouldn't have been able themselves. The last job, the Heist really screwed them over and sure you could have used Takamura, but that would have only left half of the game to play.

I'm not saying that V couldn't have done it on their own -but- it would have been a lot of hoop jumping, and probably even than it would have seemed pointless.

I also noticed, and I'm not sure if this is true or not, my reactions with Johnny was actually pretty chill. He'd make snide comments here and there, -but- for the most part he wasn't as much of a bother to me. One of my friends were playing and absolutely hated him because he was just 'mean for no reason'. That also makes me wonder if there's a difference between Johnny's and if your middle category effects how active, inactive, cruel and mean he is, etc.

I think the good thing, and this is just my opinion as I have no idea what the devs are planning. Johnny essentially for the most part is gone; but the game opened up all the lore and stories and connections to you. If we look at the DLC that are coming out, it's extremely possible that this isn't the end of your character's story -and- there is no need for Johnny so it should be pretty Johnnyless.

Yup

I like him at a character, and I like he talking in most side missions and gigs.

Even if you totally change the plot and delete silver hand the base game will be similar, V will be still alone out there doing it things.
Without silver hand it will be a crazy merc talking alone, with Johnny is only a crazy merc with double personality.

The only thing I don't get is why a renown actor was needed for it. I don't have anything against Keene but I'm not going to buy a game because he (or whoever) is in it. I honestly doubt anyone does. To me seens like a waste of resources, any non know actor can do silver hand and he will be as good at is

I think the good thing, and this is just my opinion as I have no idea what the devs are planning. Johnny essentially for the most part is gone; but the game opened up all the lore and stories and connections to you. If we look at the DLC that are coming out, it's extremely possible that this isn't the end of your character's story -and- there is no need for Johnny so it should be pretty Johnnyless.

Tell that to the players who experienced the ending that you obviously haven't seen yet.

How do you continue the story of a dead V? Make them replay the whole game just to get to the DLC content because they chose to let Johnny have their body in the end? Good luck with that.

Tell that to the players who experienced the ending that you obviously haven't seen yet.

How do you continue the story of a dead V? Make them replay the whole game just to get to the DLC content because they chose to let Johnny have their body in the end? Good luck with that.

android v, courtesy of alt?

In practice, they will have to:
  • DLC content is after the events of the main game:
    • Choose a canon ending out of all the options (this has been done before, in other games)
    • Leave the ending a mystery but use a different character
  • The DLC content occurs during the same time:
    • basically add more side missions before you meet Hanako with V
    • use another character in the DLC that you can later use after the main story since he is not dead, and still keep V's whereabouts a mystery

They could also go the other route where like Mass Effect, the game takes your save data and goes off of that. Depending on your choices before, it'll depend on your new game. The core game pieces will be the same BUT the encounters, will be what matters. Even once again, if you're playing Johnny. He would sound -like- V, He would look -Like- V. He could easily continue playing it off that he's V.

Johnny is in your head. He is supposed to be annoying. And you are supposed to hate him, at least at the beginning of the journey.

Having Johnny in your head is somewhat similar to getting married.

I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.
For the next playthrough, you can avoid to meet Takemura in a diner after the prolog. Johnny will not be appear wherever you go and do sidejobs.

I see Johnny as "moral-conflict little devil" sits on one of your shoulders.

What if V is schizophrenic, and the whole Johnny, Samurai and related characters are just figments of his imagination?
See Shutter Island 2010

For the next playthrough, you can avoid to meet Takemura in a diner after the prolog. Johnny will not be appear wherever you go and do sidejobs.

That's good to know because on my second playthrough I've been avoiding the main story bits altogether after the heist.

I actually like Silverhand's character, and I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. What I dislike is how overly pervasive his character is throughout the game. I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.
But SilverHand are a 2020s narcisit rockstar guy, is amazing see How he interect with The world and How changes half sentry after hes death and how The capitalist system continues to Destroy the planet, I love spend times on NC with him, great characters.

This game doesnt know what it wants to be. They started amazing. Open world RPG and end up linear action-adventure where open world wasnt needed to be honest. 1st act was cut. Hell even the map is linear and doesnt allow you to travel a lot..It is cut because its gonna involve choices which this games really tries to take them away from you. Did they make Jonny role way bigger? Yes, they did...And it changed everything. This is an expansion story at best. Love the actor, ok story,hated linearity of it. It was horrible. One example. First mission we need to get the car from the garage and we got destroyed by the taxi and V who just started his life with jonny AND HATES HIM asks Jonny if he saw that....That crap shouldnt happen cuz before we got down to the garage- the same nighhhhhhttt.... Jonny said he would take over our body,bashed our head against the window and we told him that we gonna take the pills and kill him. The writters must have had a stroke...The story is cut, remade...tried to piece it together just to make a little sense...made a super linear thing where nothing matters really. Second example...im doing side quests randomly but me and Jonny are awesome because i tried to be right with him and i had 70%...sooo im getting this quest and Jonny cuz scripted is horrible towards me and tells someone that we dont click at all. WHAT?? lol....Very, very linear and with that a horrible experience. We were suppose to be night city legend and yet this game struggles with its indenitity...Am i an open world rpg game or a linear storyline which has urgency to it to be fast paced and finish faster...You are dying in 3 weeks which btw no body cares lol and im here trying to be a fist champion or buy a 200k car...Why?...Act One was cut so badly i cried a bit...that thing should have had 4-5 mission with jackie before arasaka...i wanted to get to know jackie and t bug...i wanted to kill dex...You took out everything that made us choose and qe had plenty of it...
i wish i could give you more likes, couldnt write it better myself, have similar thoughts.

Top Bottom