Too much Johnny

+
For the next playthrough, you can avoid to meet Takemura in a diner after the prolog. Johnny will not be appear wherever you go and do sidejobs.

I see Johnny as "moral-conflict little devil" sits on one of your shoulders.
Nop.. tried it.. does not work..

You probably just need more Johnny as you simply aren't saturated with enough of Johnny to overcome your feelings of too much Johnny. Here's an old song about killing Johnny so that you can imagine more Johnny to get over Johnny.

I actually like Silverhand's character, and I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. What I dislike is how overly pervasive his character is throughout the game. I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.

I love everytime he appears fantastic game design

I disagree, there's not enough of him. There's a record store in the game that is basically a shrine to Samurai and he does not show up at all, it makes zero sense. He shows up for random stuff but not a literal shrine to him?

What is wrong with being a side car in Johnny's story? Not like you aren't still you, with your own motivations for doing stuff. Getting to see his story through an outsider's lens as well as seeing your own legend begin is pretty fun to me.

Meh I liked Johnny's role in my story and I literally have zero negative things to say about it...

Me too, I am getting close to the end (if I do the next main quest it is the point of no return) and am now in the middle of the whole Johnny questline and I am finding it really good and got me pretty hooked.

From seeing him lose his dear friend (while playing as Johnny), to meeting her entity in cyberspace, to trying to make up with his old girl at the drive in, and now V and Johnny are trying to get the band back together for another gig. It gives good insight into his motivations and also his erratic behavior in the past, which he is now starting to realize and come to terms with.

I don't quite get all the folks saying he is just there giving snide remarks, in my game he has a huge part in the story and gameplay. Either they are missing, skipping or ignoring the hours of gameplay in his storyline...

What is wrong with being a side car in Johnny's story? Not like you aren't still you, with your own motivations for doing stuff. Getting to see his story through an outsider's lens as well as seeing your own legend begin is pretty fun to me.

Because that isn't the story they told me I was buying?

Where is the story I bought and paid for? Because I thought I was buying Cyberpunk 2077, not the Chronicles of Johnny Silverhand. Where is MY character's story? Because it's pretty effin' non-existent in this half-assed tossed salad they sold me. I didn't want a playable Keanu Reeves movie. But if I had known that's what I was going to get, I would have taken a hard pass and saved myself the disappointment.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have an issue with his role "in" the game, generally. I thought his story angle was extremely well written. My issue is that ultimately, his role "IS" the game. His story "IS" the story. And that is not what I was led to believe I had purchased.

This game doesnt know what it wants to be. They started amazing. Open world RPG and end up linear action-adventure where open world wasnt needed to be honest. 1st act was cut. Hell even the map is linear and doesnt allow you to travel a lot..It is cut because its gonna involve choices which this games really tries to take them away from you. Did they make Jonny role way bigger? Yes, they did...And it changed everything. This is an expansion story at best. Love the actor, ok story,hated linearity of it. It was horrible. One example. First mission we need to get the car from the garage and we got destroyed by the taxi and V who just started his life with jonny AND HATES HIM asks Jonny if he saw that....That crap shouldnt happen cuz before we got down to the garage- the same nighhhhhhttt.... Jonny said he would take over our body,bashed our head against the window and we told him that we gonna take the pills and kill him. The writters must have had a stroke...The story is cut, remade...tried to piece it together just to make a little sense...made a super linear thing where nothing matters really. Second example...im doing side quests randomly but me and Jonny are awesome because i tried to be right with him and i had 70%...sooo im getting this quest and Jonny cuz scripted is horrible towards me and tells someone that we dont click at all. WHAT?? lol....Very, very linear and with that a horrible experience. We were suppose to be night city legend and yet this game struggles with its indenitity...Am i an open world rpg game or a linear storyline which has urgency to it to be fast paced and finish faster...You are dying in 3 weeks which btw no body cares lol and im here trying to be a fist champion or buy a 200k car...Why?...Act One was cut so badly i cried a bit...that thing should have had 4-5 mission with jackie before arasaka...i wanted to get to know jackie and t bug...i wanted to kill dex...You took out everything that made us choose and qe had plenty of it...

omg, this a thousand times

Because that isn't the story they told me I was buying?

Where is the story I bought and paid for? Because I thought I was buying Cyberpunk 2077, not the Chronicles of Johnny Silverhand. Where is MY character's story? Because it's pretty effin' non-existent in this half-assed tossed salad they sold me. I didn't want a playable Keanu Reeves movie. But if I had known that's what I was going to get, I would have taken a hard pass and saved myself the disappointment.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have an issue with his role "in" the game, generally. I thought his story angle was extremely well written. My issue is that ultimately, his role "IS" the game. His story "IS" the story. And that is not what I was led to believe I had purchased.
Johnny Silverhand is part of Cyberpunk.

Johnny Silverhand is part of Cyberpunk.

No shit.

I don't need your lesson in "all things cyberpunk". Because cyberpunk encompasses a LOT MORE than just the tabletop game. So what exactly is your point? That just because he was a character in the TT game, that I should be happy about being misled about what I purchased?

No shit.

I don't need your lesson in "all things cyberpunk". Because cyberpunk encompasses a LOT MORE than just the tabletop game. So what exactly is your point? That just because he was a character in the TT game, that I should be happy about being misled about what I purchased?
What exactly were you misled about? And praytell, how does this encompass a lot more than the table top game that it is actually based from?

You realize that cyberpunk, as a genre, got it's start back in the 60's, right? Here's some background for you to educate yourself on the subject:

A Founding Father of Cyberpunk Isn't Surprised By Its Comeback
Mike Pondsmith, who wrote the tabletop RPG that inspired Cyberpunk 2077, explains why the genre feels vital in 2020.

A Founding Father of Cyberpunk Isn't Surprised By Its Comeback
Mike Pondsmith, who wrote the tabletop RPG that inspired Cyberpunk 2077, explains why the genre feels vital in 2020.

And?

You STILL failed to reveal any point whatsoever.

Funnily enough, this is from the very article you linked (did you even bother to read it? :ROFLMAO: ):

Pondsmith doesn’t remember the first time he heard the word cyberpunk. Back in the mid-1980s, when Pondsmith was working on the tabletop RPG that would inspire Cyberpunk 2077, he was just trying to rip off Blade Runner and leave the replicants behind.

Founding father..... LOL

He took an already decades old genre, and made a tabletop game using it's material. Hardly the role of a "founding father" of anything. It's more likely that I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep years before he even started working on it.

Top Bottom