Too much Johnny

+
And?

You STILL failed to reveal any point whatsoever.

Funnily enough, this is from the very article you linked (did you even bother to read it? :ROFLMAO: ):

Founding father..... LOL

He took an already decades old genre, and made a tabletop game using it's material. Hardly the role of a "founding father" of anything. It's more likely that I read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep years before he even started working on it.
You are missing the point. This game is based off of his game. Not Bladerunner. Not Alita. Cyberpunk the Roleplaying Game. Hell, Cyberpunk Red ties Cyberpunk 2077 together. Wow eh?

You are missing the point. This game is based off of his game. Not Bladerunner. Not Alita. Cyberpunk the Roleplaying Game. Hell, Cyberpunk Red ties Cyberpunk 2077 together. Wow eh?

Actually, it's YOU that is missing the point.

It DOESN'T MATTER what the game is "based on". Because it doesn't line up with what was advertised. And CDPR themselves stated they weren't adhering strictly to Pondsmith's game, and it was to have it's own "twist" on what he created.

Wow, eh? :rolleyes:

Actually, it's YOU that is missing the point.

It DOESN'T MATTER what the game is "based on". Because it doesn't line up with what was advertised. And CDPR themselves stated they weren't adhering strictly to Pondsmith's game, and it was to have it's own "twist" on what he created.

Wow, eh? :rolleyes:
Their twist based off of his foundation and guess what? Night City and Johnny Silverhand are part of that foundation. Complaining about lore is asinine and stupid

Their twist based off of his foundation and guess what? Night City and Johnny Silverhand are part of that foundation. Complaining about lore is asinine and stupid

Now you're just making shit up.

I didn't say anything about lore. Nor did I once say I had any issue with the game's lore even in general. I even went as far as stating I thought the Silverhand angle was very well done. Not once did I insinuate they shouldn't have included him in some manner.

But NO WHERE was it ever documented that my character's story would be COMPLETELY supplanted by Silverhand's. And THAT was my point. I get that you wanna be the good little fanboy, but stop trying to make this into something it isn't with nonsense that is completely irrelevant to the issue I posted.

Apparently there was less of a focus on Silverhand in the pre Keanu build of the game, but then Keanu came on board and demanded more silverhand.

Keanu never struck me as the type to "demand" anything. He goes out of his way to help people who deserve it. This was a management decision, plane and simple.

Apparently there was less of a focus on Silverhand in the pre Keanu build of the game, but then Keanu came on board and demanded more silverhand.

Exactly.

But according to the fanboys, it's been the intent forever.

Didnt find him any worse than having a companion from any game that has them tag along, actually preferred it in some ways due to the dynamic between him and V and none of the nonsense that can result from follower AI.

I will admit one thing though, i hate sequences in a game that force me to lose control of my character or force injuries onto them that make me crawl or stagger to a certain waypoint, i'd prefer that shit left to cutscenes
Post automatically merged:

Keanu never struck me as the type to "demand" anything. He goes out of his way to help people who deserve it. This was a management decision, plane and simple.

He liked his part and asked if he could get more lines, CDPR could've said no, they never, im not bothered either way, sounds like ppl looking for scapegoats per usual and hating for the sake of it per usual

Didnt find him any worse than having a companion from any game that has them tag along, actually preferred it in some ways due to the dynamic between him and V and none of the nonsense that can result from follower AI.

I will admit one thing though, i hate sequences in a game that force me to lose control of my character or force injuries onto them that make me crawl or stagger to a certain waypoint, i'd prefer that shit left to cutscenes

He liked his part and asked if he could get more lines, CDPR could've said no, they never, im not bothered either way, sounds like ppl looking for scapegoats per usual and hating for the sake of it per usual
I see him coming in, had a blast and was like, "If I can do more for free, would you?"

I see him coming in, had a blast and was like, "If I can do more for free, would you?"

Yip and giving the very positive reception he and CDPR recieved everywhere when it was shown he was in the game its a easy conclusion to reach that they all went "well lets give them more Keanu and his most impressive cock"

Excellent!!

I didn't really mind his part. Or even how he was implemented into the game as a sort of "part of you". My issue stems from his character's narrative completely taking over the story that I was led to believe I would be playing.....

My own.

Again, the Silverhand character as "part of" my own story would be totally acceptable. But to completely replace it? No thanks. And I'm hopeful it's a mistake they'll rectify in future patches and free DLC.

I didn't really mind his part. Or even how he was implemented into the game as a sort of "part of you". My issue stems from his character's narrative completely taking over the story that I was led to believe I would be playing.....

My own.

Again, the Silverhand character as "part of" my own story would be totally acceptable. But to completely replace it? No thanks. And I'm hopeful it's a mistake they'll rectify in future patches and free DLC.
Where are you getting this "replaced my story" from? Where are your sources that your story was cut?

Where are you getting this "replaced my story" from? Where are your sources that your story was cut?

You do realize that there was a nearly whole DIFFERENT game prior to Reeve's involvement, right? Have you not seen the trailers? The countless articles detailing life paths and gameplay features? Or did you just stumble across the game a week before it released?

My own.

Tbh i never did understand the line "this is silverhands story" , i think per usual someone said it once and the echo chamber repeated it.

This is V's story and yes Johnny Silverhand plays a large part in the events of this particular chapter of V's life but much like Judy, Panam, Goro etc etc you, the player, are responsible about how much influence he plays, how much you listen to him and how much you dont. There is times you need to talk to him just like the rest of the cast but just like the rest of the cast you can skip, disagree with and say no to him.

This is V's story it's upto you how to shape with the albeit limited tools but you can still do it

game nosedives for me when he shows up. i also like keanu reeves a lot but it just becomes his story after that and V is a sidecharacter basically. we learn more about johnny silverhand in this game than V.

That is because you are supposed to decide who V is by how you play and the conversation options you choose, while you need to learn who Johnny is and what he stands for because he is inhabiting V's head.

Your interactions with Johnny can change or reinforce the person he is when he first inhabits your body as well. V and Johnny are supposed to affect each other, that is part of the story of the game.

I disagree, there's not enough of him. There's a record store in the game that is basically a shrine to Samurai and he does not show up at all, it makes zero sense. He shows up for random stuff but not a literal shrine to him?

(Unless there are 2 of them...)

Actually he does, there is a whole side quest to access the store (which is a 1 time deal if you take the free item) which has a lot of Johnny in it. There is also some great gear is in that store.

Last edited:
I actually like Silverhand's character, and I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. What I dislike is how overly pervasive his character is throughout the game. I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.

I love him. Reminds me of John Constantine era Keanu. I wanted even more narration lol.

why even have "V" in this game ? just let us play as Johnny Silverhand from start to finish lol
Hope Witcher 4 won't have super mega stars in it or some twitch personalities.
What's funny. I don't know any of the twitch personalities. And I only liked the burning dick mission. The other ones, Brendon was a better story.

EDIT: anyway, the reason they use him is because his greatest movie ever was the truest movie of cyberpunk, namely Johnny Mnemonic.. hence "Johnny".

Johnny Silverhand first appears in the first edition of Cyberpunk (aka Cyberpunk 2013) along with Rogue, Alt, Morgan Blackhand, Rache Bartmoss and Spider Murphy. This was published in 1988, and the movie didn't release until 5 years after Cyberpunk 2020 was released in 1990. So the movie is definitely not the source of the name.

Now Burning Chrome did come out 2 years before 2013, which is where the character of Johnny Mnemonic first appears, but that doesn't seem like the source of the name.

The much more likely reason for the rockerboy iconic character to be called Johnny is one of Johnny Cash or Johnny Rotten or perhaps both.

Top Bottom