Too much Johnny

+
all the psychopathic personality disorder people who play the game will try and fight this post, cause it makes their existence make sense lol.. yes, make a way for us normal people to disable his random pop-up, I would like to enjoy myself, and my character.. he's like a nagging, bee that hover's over your head..
Post automatically merged:

He's barely in the game for the first half in my experience so far. He just pops in during important missions, he isn't even there for side missions or anything like that. He cracks me up whenever he comments on something so I'm good. This frankly just feels like another I want something pointless to complain about post.
and this feels like I dont want him to go away because I have a personality disorder, and him being in the game makes me feel like I am normal.
Post automatically merged:

It's annoying to be stuck with someone in your head? Welcome to my real life! xD
I dont want your real life pain, effecting me.. so disable johnny silverhand..

Disagree, he is one of my favorite aspects of the game. For a game that is lacking in random NPC encounters, I felt like he was the closest thing to having a companion, which I am totally cool with. And some of his dialogue is really funny. But I can definitely appreciate how he would be annoying to some people.

Well, when you see people moan about some story event, and everyone who doesn't think it's like an annoying bee is a psychopath, you know the tivoli has come to town! V with a clown red nose, here I come, gangbangers!

Personally this was my first foray into the RPG game genre though I have gamed since the 70's haha.. Didn't know what to expect from CP2077 outside of the marketing hype. I was surprised to find the game on PC to be quite consuming and now have over 400 hours in CP2077 bug and all. The one comment I have in reference to this thread is if I never see Johnny Silverhand or Keanu Reeves again in this lifetime it will be too soon. My last couple of playthroughs were only Gigs and Side Jobs, no main storyline because I have had enough of that character. I dare say if CDPR comes out with a DLC that includes Silverhand it would be unlikely that I would consider buying it.

A couple of posts deleted. Stay kind and respectful and don't follow up with personal attacks.

Yea, it is too much Johnny. V is the main character in this game, not him. How come he has a lot of flash back missions and V has none? You can't get rid of his unique items(trash), when V only has common items with his/her name on it. His story make sense but doesn't at the same time when this side character has more influence in the game.

I really want to see the game before they add Johnny in it.

Last edited:
I have to say that one of the things that I actually like about the game, were the Silverhand missions (where Johnny 'takes the wheel'). These had proper rock-attitude which the normal V is lacking to my disappointment...

Why isn't it my choice whether V smokes or not? Why can't I actually DRINK DRINKS at the bar outside the specific missions?

In my opinion, Johnny should have shown up more often. I have no personal desire to see Johnny, but it feels like he should be seen more often. The one thing that I am glad he does not do is pop in and ask why we are not focused on the main story every time we do something else.

I think they should have made johnny a real character. Not a holo. I think the bio chip should have been like alt or another important person. Johnny dont feel like the table top bad a** that you read about. he feels like emo whinny side job. I love
reeves films and acting but they failed to reach what could have been with him.

I personally wish they would have put more emphasis on the shift of V and Jhonny's relationship in the main story. I personally was too focused on the fact that V was dying that I didn't pay much attention to side quests, thus missed quite a bit on V's and Jhonny's interaction. Which resulted in me never really learning to like Jhonny.
To me the pacing feels off and for most of the game Jhonny's attitude just stayed irritating. Choosing the Arasaka ending was mainly because I trusted and liked Takemura much much more than Jhonny in the end.

its up to the player how the Johnny V relationship goes. If your nice to him, hes nice to you most times, even in the main story. He does still act like an ahole sometimes, but thats his character. Also, takamura.... don't really get the love, hes not like hatable, but he clearly is always motivated by his own interests, and Vs utility in them. Johnny is at least sometimes motivated by Vs interests.

How many people can say they got to ride a roller coaster with Keanu Reeves? Not enough or too much, you got him for a while. Hope you got screenshots.

I think they should have made johnny a real character. Not a holo. I think the bio chip should have been like alt or another important person. Johnny dont feel like the table top bad a** that you read about. he feels like emo whinny side job. I love
reeves films and acting but they failed to reach what could have been with him.
Characters rarely translate well to how you think of them to "onscreen"

Revan is a example of it from the game Knights of the Old Republic, a silent pc you molded as the game allowed but with a set background then BioWare gave him (who to alot of ppl could've been a she) a voice and it never went down very well as you could imagine

Another is Stephen Kings works in particular say The Dark Tower, you build up a picture in your head if not on how they look then definitely how they sound to which alot of ppl took to anger of the casting of the movie.

I never, why? Simply because i see it as someone elses imagining of that character, or set of characters, and molding there story to it for others to enjoy or not, doesn't stop me enjoying what my interpretation is of the character and majority of the time i like seeing how others interpret it anyhow to see how vastly different ppl can see them or how close.

Your idea of how this character is will always be there for you to enjoy which is great and this reflection of how the character is to someone else doesn't do it for you which again is totally fine.

Personally i like what they did here, a companion you either like or dont but without all the baggae typical AI companions have

Game is about Johny, not V. V is only a bacground for Johny's story. And good ending is when Johny takes V's body. Of course in my personal opinion ;)

I don't think there is too much of him, I like his comments, meeting his friends etc. I only think there is not enough of V life in this game, V's friends and activities. The story is just too short and it mostly covers Johnny.
Once again, I don't want less of Johnny, but I want more of V at the same time.

I think the problem is that they wanted to shove their celebrity into the game as soon as possible. It would've made much more sense if he only manifested during the second half of the main story, giving you ample time to be a regular merc in night city, before you find out that you are dying and need to rush.

Because having 50-60 hours worth of side missions is just incompatible with the narrative as it stands now. Either you break immersion and return to finish the side missions after the endgame, or you break immersion by ignoring the need to run for your life and focus on side missions before the main story. Either way immersion goes out the window, which is terrible game design.

I literally hated Johnny Silvertongue so much that on my first playthrough I skipped all of his dialogue that I couldn't ignore, and rushed through the sequences when you control him as if I was doing a speedrun.

Top Bottom