Too much Johnny

+
I don't think there is too much of him, I like his comments, meeting his friends etc. I only think there is not enough of V life in this game, V's friends and activities. The story is just too short and it mostly covers Johnny.
Once again, I don't want less of Johnny, but I want more of V at the same time.
Hopefully DLC expands this

I think the problem is that they wanted to shove their celebrity into the game as soon as possible. It would've made much more sense if he only manifested during the second half of the main story, giving you ample time to be a regular merc in night city, before you find out that you are dying and need to rush.

There is no problem. Johnnys content is good. The game has lots of issues but Johnny-content isn't one of them in my opinion. Im not even a particular fan of Keanu.

There is no problem. Johnnys content is good. The game has lots of issues but Johnny-content isn't one of them in my opinion. Im not even a particular fan of Keanu.
LOL, I just explained what the problem is and then you turn around with a flat experssion and remove the explanation from the quote and say there is no problem. That makes zero sense. At least explain why my problem isn't a problem.

I actually like Silverhand's character, and I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. What I dislike is how overly pervasive his character is throughout the game. I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.
Not and never have been a Keanu fan. He ranks up there with one dimensional Will Smith. I generally just push C when he comes on screen, take a bio break or harrass the cat.

I whish we'd have a dedicated key to take omega blockers and make Johnny shut up and disappear, Johnny's really annoying AF! But then there's something about Keenu...
Keanu is sort of a representative of the cyberpunk scene in the history of cinema, you barely seen him smile on his movies and his natural apathic but also slightly concerned facial expressions fit the vibe or has sort of defined it, maybe?
I wouldn't mind or would rather see Keanu be part of cyberpunk2077 in an other format, something in the lines of the Matrix maybe, in which he would assume the role of a "Morpheus/Oracle" and V would be the grasshopper, Keanu would assume a role of a type mentor who V could consult to help progressing in the game, meaning we would only see/hear him upon request!

Keanu is a nice guy, but I don't really see him as an actor offering any special value to game experience. Johnny Silverhand character could have worked just as well, or maybe even better, without him. Also I suspect that story quality suffered, because CDPR got overly obsessed in focusing it on their superstar actor.

I am sure Keanu was really useful for generating marketing hype, which really seems to highlight the story of this game's development. Excess effort in generating marketing hype, without giving enough attention to building a game which could actually live up to that hype.

I actually like Silverhand's character, and I like Keanu Reeves as an actor. What I dislike is how overly pervasive his character is throughout the game. I wish you could eliminate all his random commentary and appearances where you didn't even interact with him directly.

It's Johnny's game, that's why. Not V's. Once you realize that, I guess.... you just have to roll with it. I did at least. Steam won't offer a refund. Consider it like Fight Club, but without the Ed Norton parts. It's just Brad Pitt chewing up the scenery.

Err.... well, that's not Fight Club at all. Just a bad version of it.

Top Bottom