Too much open world "filler" stuff on map

+
No, of course not. They should only do the top tier ones, not the shitty I-need-stuff-to-fill-up ones. But unfortunately, they do. That doesn't change the fact that denying the quality of a product based on whether you like or not is just wrong.

i think everyone agree that the technical quality is subpar (i’ve played since day one on an original xbox, and i’m not ignorant, its been rough), however i think that its difficult to definitively state the quality of the gigs, sidejobs, and main story as amazing or terrible as it is subjective. however, i can see that the “filler” content does need more variety. It seems as though the NCPD content has a similar role to the radio towers in farcry (its more content for the sake of filling the map) it would be nice to see different types of stuff in the future, whether it be bar games, racing, collectibles, or something along that vein.

Rudo_

Forum regular
I don't even know what you are talking about? Quality of what product? How do you plan on getting quality of the quests? How are you going to know the quality unless you do them and then decide if it's good enough to your liking or not.
Im talking about you saying this:
"I mean there is no quality to quests. Quests don't have a quality to them. They are subjective"
Im just calling that bullshit, no offense intended.
Post automatically merged:

i think everyone agree that the technical quality is subpar (i’ve played since day one on an original xbox, and i’m not ignorant, its been rough), however i think that its difficult to definitively state the quality of the gigs, sidejobs, and main story as amazing or terrible as it is subjective. however, i can see that the “filler” content does need more variety. It seems as though the NCPD content has a similar role to the radio towers in farcry (its more content for the sake of filling the map) it would be nice to see different types of stuff in the future, whether it be bar games, racing, collectibles, or something along that vein.
I absolutely agree. It's shocking how they mix really good quest (peralez came to my mind) with absolute garbage.
But the good ones are really awesome, witcher level.

As much as I love the Side Gigs, I point out a lot of the Assaults and other things on the map exist just for people who want to shoot, stab, and hack things.

They bought the game too.

Did you actually read the OP?

Their entire point was there is no way to differentiate the quality of one gig from another, so the few good ones could well be missed by anyone who is a non-completionist.
I agree with the OP and you pointing it out. Gigs do have very varying quality to them. Some have actual story attached to them that can feel like almost a proper side quest, while other's are simple boring, get into the building, interact with that object and get out.
Many people might miss the interesting ones because they lose interest in completing them due to repetitiveness.

I don't even know what you are talking about? Quality of what product? How do you plan on getting quality of the quests? How are you going to know the quality unless you do them and then decide if it's good enough to your liking or not.

I think they're saying they did the quests and began to notice some are respectably done and others feel like an AC quality fetch quest. You know, go here and shoot everyone in the face, here is your experience, street cred and 30 minutes performing community service to clean up trash in Night City. I'd be inclined to agree with this point. I'd even go so far as to say it's a trend present in most of the game systems.

If I am allowed to extrapolate.... If those mindless, randomly distributed fetch quests were not in the game it would be addition via subtraction. The result would be less content but at least whatever remained would be meaningful. Plus, if there was less yellow brick road filler it'd up the odds for players to find the decent content.

Did you actually read the OP?

Their entire point was there is no way to differentiate the quality of one gig from another, so the few good ones could well be missed by anyone who is a non-completionist.

Yes that is exactly my point. Some of hte side missions and gigs are quite well designed and interesting. Most are obvious filler. There's no way to tell the difference between the two. The good stuff is drowing in a sea of junk.

Top Bottom