Too much open world "filler" stuff on map

+
There are a ton of really great side quests and gigs in the game, there's also a bunch of repetitive, copy and paste crap x1000 as well.

The issue is that the good stuff is anonymously drowning in a sea of bland stuff. I think a lot of people are going to miss out on a lot of the good side stuff because they won't know what's good and what's bad and will just skip it all.

Sometimes less is more. The 30-40 high quality side missions on the map is fine. We don't need that +200 more junk items, it makes hte map seem overwhelming and impossible.

Last edited:
Sometimes less is more. The 30-40 high quality side missions on the map is fine. We don't need that +200 more junk items, it makes hte map seem overwhelming and impossible.

You don't have to do every gig on the map. It's perfectly fine to leave them since they're just for loot, gold, and exp.

I’d recommend using the Legend if you’re finding the map too cluttered! I’m finding all the NCPD Crimes in progress are good for crafting components!

You don't have to do every gig on the map. It's perfectly fine to leave them since they're just for loot, gold, and exp.
Did you actually read the OP?

Their entire point was there is no way to differentiate the quality of one gig from another, so the few good ones could well be missed by anyone who is a non-completionist.

I think it would help if the icons listed the quest they were attached to instead of just saying Biz or Gig or whatever. Also would be helpful to list vendor names as I had no idea where Vicks was at the beginning of the game and I wanted to visit his shop specifically (since he and V had a history together).

Their entire point was there is no way to differentiate the quality of one gig from another, so the few good ones could well be missed by anyone who is a non-completionist.

it actually seems that the OP was complaining about the large amount of NCPD points distracting from the Gigs and Side Jobs (the difference being a blue and gold symbol respectively)

Not sure what you mean by quality of quests. There is no quality to them

So the complaint is disparity between complexity, quality and interest level of the side mission and activities right? Hm I am not sure how to remedy that as part of the fun for me has been discovering the gigs and activities to see what they actually are. Some are just shoot the dudes which I could see being boring.

AFAIK side quest are dropped into your log by default or at certain points in the story. You just pick them from the list and that's that. Any other random thing littering the map is a gig.

Outside of the the Blue NCPD quests, all other quests will be tracked in your journal and will describe what you need to do. Quests marked with a yellow question mark are quests by a contact in that zone. eg. Regina will call you when you get close to one the the question mark markers
Post automatically merged:

I take it you didn’t enjoy the story 😂😂:ROFLMAO:
That's not what I meant. I mean there is no quality to quests. Quests don't have a quality to them. They are subjective. You either like them or you don't

That's not what I meant. I mean there is no quality to quests. Quests don't have a quality to them. They are subjective. You either like them or you don't

I mean stating that the quests don’t have quality to them is your subjective opinion. I enjoyed the story, and most of the side-jobs that i completed. I would even say that their was a quality to them. however, that’s my subjective opinion.

Yeah, it seems like there’s a story and a ton of filler content that feel detached from each other.

I don’t know what happened to their ”grand vision”. All you do in the is kill a bunch of mooks for little purpose or sneak past them and watch a bunch of cutscenes. Just like you do in any other storydriven action adventure, but here it is even done quite sloppily.
There is character progression, but you don’t seem to build your character for anything. It’s like the progression just is there. Perhaps to tackle the filler content, perhaps as a remnant of something from the past cutting away of which would’ve meant too heavy redesigns, I don’t know.

There doesn’t seem to be a clear design reason for any of it being there, except for the main narrative.

Yeah, it seems like there’s a story and a ton of filler content that feel detached from each other.

I don’t know what happened to their ”grand vision”. All you do in the is kill a bunch of mooks for little purpose or sneak past them and watch a bunch of cutscenes. Just like you do in any other storydriven action adventure, but here it is even done quite sloppily.
There is character progression, but you don’t seem to build your character for anything. It’s like the progression just is there. Perhaps to tackle the filler content, perhaps as a remnant of something from the past cutting away of which would’ve meant too heavy redesigns, I don’t know.
It's starting to feel like they had the story and base game complete and called it a day and said, We'll fix the game after, Just give them the damn story for now. They didn't bother to test animations, audio, functionality.

Rudo_

Forum regular
Outside of the the Blue NCPD quests, all other quests will be tracked in your journal and will describe what you need to do. Quests marked with a yellow question mark are quests by a contact in that zone. eg. Regina will call you when you get close to one the the question mark markers
Post automatically merged:

No, they are not. Quest where developers invest time and effort have objectively more quality than the ones reduced to "go there, kill them all, take your money". Sidequest linked to main story, affecting the World, sidequest that lingers in your memory, sidequest that make you think are quality ones.
Following your logic a deep and brainy sidequest from Witcher 3 is the same than an empty radiant quest from any assassin's creed, being the difference subjective.
Well, that's like saying than a top shelf sirloin steak is pretty much the same than a McDonald's burger... Just untrue, even though one could like more the burger.

No, they are not. Quest where developers invest time and effort have objectively more quality than the ones reduced to "go there, kill them all, take your money". Sidequest linked to main story, affecting the World, sidequest that lingers in your memory, sidequest that make you think are quality ones.
Following your logic a deep and brainy sidequest from Witcher 3 is the same than an empty radiant quest from any assassin's creed, being the difference subjective.
Well, that's like saying than a top shelf sirloin steak is pretty much the same than a McDonald's burger... Just untrue, even though one could like more the burger.
What logic? You either A) like the quest or B) don't like the quest. If you don't like the quest then don't do it. It' a very simple step to take. The devs are not going to waste their time pandering to useless needs to say "this quest is sirloin beef quality and this quest is McDonalds beef quality" above them

Rudo_

Forum regular
What logic? You either A) like the quest or B) don't like the quest. If you don't like the quest then don't do it. It' a very simple step to take. The devs are not going to waste their time pandering to useless needs to say "this quest is sirloin beef quality and this quest is McDonalds beef quality" above them
No, of course not. They should only do the top tier ones, not the shitty I-need-stuff-to-fill-up ones. But unfortunately, they do. That doesn't change the fact that denying the quality of a product based on whether you like or not is just wrong.

No, of course not. They should only do the top tier ones, not the shitty I-need-stuff-to-fill-up ones. But unfortunately, they do. That doesn't change the fact that denying the quality of a product based on whether you like or not is just wrong.
I don't even know what you are talking about? Quality of what product? How do you plan on getting quality of the quests? How are you going to know the quality unless you do them and then decide if it's good enough to your liking or not.

I'm hoping with New Game+ that the blue markets, if complete, stay completed, and car purchase quests also remain complete. Somewhat offsets, the $$ you'd get for completing the blue vs the cost of the cars you've purchased.

Your New Game+ will just be focused on the juicy content, unless of course you failed to complete all blue markers/car purchases in the prior play through.

Top Bottom