[TOOL] Sound Editing Tools for The Witcher 3

+
Getting a truncated chunk error. on preparing the wav I converted a youtube vid to mp3, then that to wave. Any ideas?
btw, you shouldn't really use stuff from YT. Their quality isnt that great, and after converting them to wav, it'll just be worse

Getting a truncated chunk error. on preparing the wav I converted a youtube vid to mp3, then that to wave. Any ideas?

If you are getting a truncated error, that means your wav is corrupted.

If your intention is to just convert it to wav, just google "online wav converter", no need to install any software.

Is replacing combat music as tedious as it appears to be? There's so many layers just for one track :e

Is replacing combat music as tedious as it appears to be? There's so many layers just for one track :e

Well yes, unless you want to replace all the layers of track with the same music, then it's a little bit easier but if you want to keep each layered varied like it is in vanilla it's a bit trickier.

Well yes, unless you want to replace all the layers of track with the same music, then it's a little bit easier but if you want to keep each layered varied like it is in vanilla it's a bit trickier.

I was under the assumption if you replaced all layers with the same music, it would play that one song multiple times and make for a loud mess. Is this not the case?

I was under the assumption if you replaced all layers with the same music, it would play that one song multiple times and make for a loud mess. Is this not the case?

In earlier versions of the editor that was indeed the case, not any more since a few versions back.

That is why it took a while before I could start to include combat replacements in my mod. :)

In earlier versions of the editor that was indeed the case, not any more since a few versions back.

That is why it took a while before I could start to include combat replacements in my mod. :)

Ah, well that sounds simple. I guess the main hassle as usual comes from tracking down all the right wems and each layer within the XML, though converting to OGG does help I guess. Aside from Content 4, do you know which other folders might have the rest of the combat music? Velen's seems to be missing from there. Thanks!

Ah, well that sounds simple. I guess the main hassle as usual comes from tracking down all the right wems and each layer within the XML, though converting to OGG does help I guess. Aside from Content 4, do you know which other folders might have the rest of the combat music? Velen's seems to be missing from there. Thanks!

It's best to extract all the sound caches to be honest and when rebuilding the soundbanks you should be using the BNKs from patch0 and patch1.

The bigger the sound cache file is though the more likely is it is that it contains the song you are looking for.

I get a syntax error every time I try to run the prepare_wave.py script. The error looks like this:
cmdwindow.PNG

What is wrong?

Hi

C:\Games\Witchering\batches>rebuild_soundbank.py music_nomansgrad.bnk C:\Games\Witchering\EditedMusic\382494060.wem
Reading soundbank...Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Games\Witchering\batches\rebuild_soundbank.py", line 2725, in <module>
main(len(sys.argv), sys.argv)
File "C:\Games\Witchering\batches\rebuild_soundbank.py", line 2664, in main
soundbank = Soundbank(bnk)
File "C:\Games\Witchering\batches\rebuild_soundbank.py", line 1898, in __init__
raise SoundbankError("Could not open soundbank")
__main__.SoundbankError: Could not open soundbank

C:\Games\Witchering\batches>rebuild_soundbank.py music_nomansgrad.bnk

someone help me

Gs11

Forum regular
Does someone know any turtorial from scratch how to add new song instead replacing existing vanilla ones? at best video turtorial

I used this, but this is only showcase how to replace song, not adding to existed onces

Does this toolkit still work with next gen version, it seems nextgen wem files are not compatible with this toolkit; any ideas how to solve this issue?

I'm having trouble rebuilding a sound bank. I'm trying to replace the arena mob sound during fist fights and i'm stuck on making the .bnk. This is the command i use for the rebuild_soundbank.bat:

rebuild_soundbank.py --sound amb_qu_crowd_arena_ext.bnk F:\Witcher3Modding\Sound\Ac-dc combat music arena sound\batches and scripts\rebuild soundbanks\amb_qu_crowd_arena_ext.001.wem

And when i add the pause command in the .bat to get more info, this is what i get:

F:\Witcher3Modding\Sound\Ac-dc combat music arena sound\batches and scripts>rebuild_soundbank.py --sound amb_qu_crowd_arena_ext.bnk F:\Witcher3Modding\Sound\Ac-dc combat music arena sound\batches and scripts\rebuild soundbanks\amb_qu_crowd_arena_ext.001.wem
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py <BNK> <FOLDER>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --music <BNK> <WEM>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --add-new-music <BNK> <WEM>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --playlist-id-from-track <BNK> <TRACK ID>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --export-playlist <BNK> <PLAYLIST ID>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --reimport-playlist <BNK> <PLAYLIST ID>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --dump-sounds <BNK> <FOLDER>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --debug <BNK>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --debug-event <BNK> <EVENT ID>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --debug-sound <BNK> <SOUND ID>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --debug-object <BNK> <OBJECT ID>
Usage: rebuild_soundbank.py --debug-owner <BNK> <AUDIO ID>

F:\Witcher3Modding\Sound\Ac-dc combat music arena sound\batches and scripts>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Top Bottom