[Tool] TW2/TW3 Models converter

+
[Tool] TW2/TW3 Models converter

Hi,
I have already made a topic about this tool in the Redkit forum, but it can potentially be useful for some people here since I have added TW3 features, so I post it also here.
So it's a software to convert the models of the game to load them in the others 3D app.
Certainly not stable as the Modkit, but it's a visual tool with some others small useful features.

In particular in the last version that I have just uploaded, it supports the skeletons with the hierarchies.
The result is not perfect with the most complex models like the characters, but it works well with the animals/monsters :eek:kay:

All the infos and links here :
http://jlouisb.users.sourceforge.net/

Last edited:
i've been following your progress in the past, and i have to say that it's very impressive how far you've come with your project.
keep up the hardwork :)

I have uploaded a new version to support the textures extracted with the Modkit (and updated the tuto with the new extraction process, but still works for the textures extracted with the LUA utils) and to fix some minor bugs of the last update.

I have uploaded a new version to support the textures extracted with the Modkit (and updated the tuto with the new extraction process, but still works for the textures extracted with the LUA utils) and to fix some minor bugs of the last update.
amazing @JLouisB !
keep up the GREAT work :D

amazing @JLouisB !
keep up the GREAT work :D

Thanks, a long break, but there is a new version :youdontsay:

Changelog
TW3 importer update :
- Better skeletons support
- Fix some crashes
And other changes :
- Improve the search tool : the researchs are multithreaded so they are faster, and it's possible to load a model or close the tool durong the researchs
- Fix the export folder of the files when there are exported in a "custom folder" (broken in error in a previous update)
- Fix the loading of the textures for the textures extracted with the LUA tool (broken in error in a previous update)
And The Witcher Converter can't be complete without a bit of TW1, so I have added a .bif extractor and a very basic mesh loader for TW1 in the tool :surprised2:
It was to work on an archive format to change a bit, but the mesh loader is VERY basic and it support only the geometry of some meshes (and I don't plan to work on it for now)

You can also see that in the new version there is a disabled button "Load animation", it's because I work on the animation support but the feature isn't functional yet

Thank god, an exporter for witcher 1!!!! I've been looking for something like this for ages!!! I will definitely test this out when I get back from holidays.

Thank god, an exporter for witcher 1!!!! I've been looking for something like this for ages!!! I will definitely test this out when I get back from holidays.

Good to know that you're interested by the feature, honestly I havn't thought that people will be very interested with the feature.
Maybe you will be a bit disappointed by the quality of the loader because on TW1 I have mainly worked on the BIF extractor and the mesh loader is basically a bad adaptation of the code of the Xoreos engine made in one day !
But if some people are interested by the feature maybe I will work more seriously on this in the future.

Dunno, but maybe this thread could help you out in testing something:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/66040-MOD-Animation-queue-thing?highlight=play+animations

You could also try asking the author @erxv directly. I hope you'll be able to continue this. Looks promising :)

Sorry replied to wrong thread... Thanks for your hard work, I'd like to add ;)

Last edited:
I have uploaded a new version, mainly about bugfixs :
- Fix some crashes with TW2 loader (reported by @ClaireGrube )
- Fix some crashes with TW3 loader (reported by @Nemomallo )
- Add an option in TW3 settings to load only the best LOD of the models
- Fix a bug with the control of the camera
- Update IrrAssimp for a better support of the common file formats and add the glTF format for the imports/exports

is it possible to convert the models from the expansions heart of stone and blood and wine? I have had some issues converting them and wondered if this was a common problem?

Sorry for the late answer, I hadn't seen this post before !
It works with the expansions, but there are some issues with the last versions of the game, so I have just uploaded a new version of the tool.

Changelog :
- Fix an issue with the GOTY version and the last updates of TW3
- Add a "Materials explorer" in TW3 tools
- Add the possibility to open the files in the app directly with the Windows Explorer (right click/open with)

Hi,
I havn't been here since a long time, but finally a new update !

The Witcher 3 :
- Experimental animations support enabled !
Thx a lot to Ákos Köte who have find the solution about the quaternion decompression issue.
I was stuck on this feature, and when he has found the solution, I have been motivated to work again on the tool
It's still a bit buggy, and the other problem yet is that animated meshes export it's not currently yet supported.
So I have to update Assimp, check if some stuff have been added to do this, and update my IrrAssimp wrapper tu support animated meshes.
- Fix a bug for some w2mi loading (= fix some missing materials)

The Witcher 2 : I have made a DZIP extractor available directly in the menu bar.
The nexusmod link for the QuickBMS script seem dead, so I have made this tool and it's easier to use

Materials explorer : now possible to clic on the textures to open them directly in your favorite image viewer
Many features can be added to this tool, to change it to a more genral The witcher file explorer, however it will require some big refactoring in TW3 loader to unify the code of the loader/mat explorer/ext files explorer... , so maybe for a next release

Search tool :
- Add a "fast search" mode automatically used if the files have previously indexed in a "files.txt" file.
So to use it, copy the script "listing.bat" in the "tools" subfolder, paste it in your base directory and run it
It will generale a "files.txt" file and the search tool will be a lot faster after that
- Now possible to load rig and animations from the search tool
- Checkboxs to select the type of content searched

General :
- The window can now be resized
- The log system has been rewritten, in the previous versions it was the big performance killer during the loading

No Title

Cercaphus Thanks, still good to know !

Just to share a screen of my current work if there are some fans of The Witcher 1.
Wizima loaded here, each TW1 map is packed in a single file, so very easy to export them in a few clics if you want to play with them !
Still a few things to fix to have a better render (splatting shader for the terrains, transparancy, specific shaders)

Attachments

• photo189522.jpg
    photo189522.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 302
Top Bottom