[tools] radish modding tools for quest creation

+

Guest 2364765

I know its never happen, but what if CD Red would share content from Wild Hunt which one was cut out from game before release.
They already officially stated that is not going to happen back in 2015.

Amazing work! So sad it is probably too late to bring back modding community to this game... You had one job CDP!

Speechless about how much work and dedication it had to take from you :) Great possibilities are open! :)

I am confused, how to install and used radish-tools

if i want to use w2quest.exe, how do i get to access the array?

I am confused, how to install and used radish-tools
The posted articles provide information on how to accomplish the tasks defined in the trials. The first trial is just about installation and testing out the installation by getting the published example quest to be "rebuild from the source definitions".

I suggest trying out trails in the proposed order as the challenges are increasing. But it will give a hands-on overview of the most important topics.

I know there is someone working on a more detailed howto install guide. I don't know when it will be ready or how detailed it will be - I just know the person is putting quite some effort into it.

if i want to use w2quest.exe, how do i get to access the array?
I don't know what you mean. But if you refer to changing vanilla quests that is not supported. Only the creation of new content. And to accomplish this use the trials as documentation (to build up the required knowledge).

thanks, i'm trying to edit w2phase vanilla with Wolven but he crash when i try to add CVariant.

if it is possible to do a new quest with Radish, it will also be possible to hijack vanilla quests?

Guest 2364765

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be given it can parse those files.

There is no support in radish tools for parsing or editing existing files. This would require to support all types of quest specific blocks and all edges cases. That was never an objective of this project.

Instead only a selected, most useful subset of questblocks can be generated for the game. Hence only new quests that can be weaved into the game, e.g. like dlc quests.

if it is possible to do a new quest with Radish, it will also be possible to hijack vanilla quests?
Whatever you mean by hijack vanilla quests it is not possible by modifying existing files using the radish tools. You will have to resort to manually modifying in modeditor/wkit (whichever one crashes less often these days).

Hello guys, I would really like to get started with witcher 3 modding but im completley newbie in this. I mean creating new questes with these new radish tools. So i wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is any tutorial or something like that. I saw the trials on the radish site but it still needs some basics knowledge to use that.

Top Bottom