top 10 favorite games

+
Some of these entries aren't so much because they're good "games", but more because they might've made an emotional impact on me. Still:

Final Fantasy 7
Dungeon Keeper
Thief : Deadly Shadows
Homeworld 2
Total War : Shogun 2
Batman Arkham City
Soul Calibur 2
Age of Wonders
Command and Conquer
Witcher 3
The Sexy Brutale
Startopia
Mechwarrior 2
System Shock 2
Hollow Knight

Last edited:
Hmm, it's hard to choose 10, but a few of my favorties are:

The Witcher series (love since day 1 of the first game); Dragon Age Origins (a BioWare masterpiece); Skyrim; The Arkham Series; Prince of Persia The Sands of Time trilogy: Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2; Knights of the old Republic (both of them); Assassin's Creed Series; Need for Speed Underground 2 and Most Wanted; The Last of Us.
It's so many games that I realy like, it's hard making a list.

Guest 4398794

KOTOR 2
Witcher 3 all expentions
Mass Effect 1
KOTOR 1
Mass Effect 3
Mass effect 2
Force unleashed
Force unleashed 2
Lineage 2 (it's mmo but who cares)
SWTOR (same, mmo, but who cares)

1. Gothic 1,2
  2. Risen 1(,2)
  3. Witcher 3
  4. Assassin's Creed (Altair, Ezio games)
  5. Skyrim
  6. God of war
  7. Harry Potter 1-3,5
  8. LoL, Dota
  9. HoMM 3
  10. TrackMania Nations Forever

Witcher 3
Planetside 2
Warcraft 3
Life is Strange(+ Before the Storm)
GTA (All)
Fallout (1,2, New Vegas)
Max Payne (All)
Mass Effect 2
Civ 4
Kotor 1 and 2

(No particular order)

Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3
Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2
GTA Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City, Los Santos
Uncharted Waters: New Horizons II (Super Nintendo)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (the Pirate-related content)
NCAA Football '14 (Xbox 360)
The Witcher 2, & 3
The Elder Scrolls (the big three; not ESO)

I wish they'd combine a game like Scarface with the last Godfather EA created.

I think I liked both the last Dragon Age installments, not sure if I'd list in on my top 10 favorite. Anybody else want to fire up their console and scroll through their achievements to see what games they're forgetting? lol

All the Fallout's deserve a shout out. The last true Starwars Jedi RPG deserves a shoutout, I think it was KOTR or something.

Sleeping Dogs is underrated for sure, and True Crime Streets of NY was a pretty damn good one as well.

SNES Shoutouts: Final Fantasy & Chrono Trigger.
Sport Shoutouts: EA MMA (not UFC), Knockout Kings, and Fight Night

Damn almost 20 years ago, I would of listed Final Fantasy 8 on my top 10 but there's a lot of games that are better than that now, wouldn't crack my top 50, I just remember being really impressed with the quality of graphics during the cut-scenes at the time.

Last edited:
In no particular order, also had to include multiple games from the same series otherwise it would look silly

Command & Conquer: Generals
Battlefield (1942/Vietnam/2/2142/3/4)
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth I & II
Doom 2016 and Eternal
Quake 2 and 3 Arena
Unreal Tournament 2004
Fallout New Vegas
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Sleeping Dogs

I was out studying few years, making a comeback now.. :beer:

Action/RPGs
  1. The Witcher 3 (I wish to forget everything for NG+) :giveup:
  2. God of War 4
  3. TES Skyrim (Modded)
  4. Baldurs Gate (classic)
  5. Diablo (classic)
  6. FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, goes on (I'll play the remake for sure,nothing beats this classic)
  7. Persona 4 and 5
  8. Nier Automata (NOW PLAYING)

Horror/Lone Survivor
(sometime I need minor heart attac..)

1. Half-Life 2 (everything starts here)
  2. Dying Light
  3. Alien Isolation
  4. Condemned Criminal ('good' for heart, great graphics for old game)
  5. Outlast
  6. King Kong The Game (fast paced survival, god damn dinosaurs!)
  7. Resident Evil 4 (loved most series)
Open World/Semi
(Less interested but ok...)

1. Bully
  2. GTA V
  3. Mafia 2 (too much driving in Mafia 2)
  4. God Father 1 (those fire animations and classic cars)
  5. Watch Dogs 1 (love the feeling walking in rain like nothing happened after chaos)
  6. Saboteur (underrated, b&w, parkour!)
  7. RDR2 (NOW PLAYING)
I was a heavy RTS player, got a list but I've lost interest in building and grind..

*Been awhile, suggest any hidden gems or unique genres thanks!:)

Witcher
Mass Effect
Knights of the old republic
Vampire the Masquerade
Baldur Gate
Resident Evil
New Vegas
Xenogears
Final Fantasy
Dark Souls

max payne 2

MGSV The Phantom Pain

nsf most wanted

last of us

uncharted 4

lego star wars

gta 4

battlefield 4

Grim Fandango

Doom eternal

Kerbal space program

1 Life is Strange 1
2 War Inc: Battlezone (no longer available)
3 fallout 76
4 chess.com
5 gta san andreas
6 fallout shelter
7 gta 5
8 gta 4
9 World War Z
10 Fortnite

1 - Devil may cry 3
2 - Metal Gear solid 3
3 - Shadow of the colossus
3 - Batman Arkham City
4 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance
5 - Dues ex Human revolution
6 - Max Payne 3
7 - Killzone 2
8 - Zone of enders
9 - Witcher 3
10 - Heavy Rain

the order is random, I would happily play any of these all day long.

1 - WItchers
2 - Mass Effects
3 - Baldur's Gate Trilogy
4 - Planescape Torment
5 - Arcanum of Steamwork and Magik Obscura
6 - KotOR
7 - Faster Than Light
8 - Starcrafts
9 - Warcrafts
10 - Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri
11 - Syberia 1&2
12 - Embric of Wulfhammer Castle

1) Witcher 3
2) God of War
3) Persona 5
4) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5) Batman Arkham City
6) Life is Strange
7) Assassin's Creed 2
8) Finding Paradise (sequel to "To The Moon" )
9) Witcher 1
10) Witcher 2

Honorable Mentions: Portal 2, All other Batman Arkham games, Max Payne Games, GTA Series, Heroes of the Storm, Wolf Among Us, Tales from Borderlands

I really enjoyed my playthrough Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Helped keep me occupied for a bit while I wait for Cyberpunk to be released!

World of Warcraft (vanilla & TBC - so many fond memories as a kid)
Test Drive Unlimited (there is a mod to make this game from 3,5gb to 26gb)
Left 4 Dead 2 (awesome cooperation - you need to make decisions and have faith in your teammates)
Freejack (it was something completly new for me - parkour MMORPG)
Osu! (when I found the right maps the competition kicked in :p)
Heroes 3&5 (so many hours on hotseats love it also same thing with Disciples 2!)
Gothic 1-3 (epic series with many good memories - when I was a kid I was running to my friend with internet connection just to print A4 pages full of cheats good times :p)
League Of Legends (hated it at 1st , then slowly started to love it)
NFS & GTA series (too many memories from the past)
Silent Hill 2 (holy moly the amount of emotions trying to solve this game without any help)

Honorable mentions:
-Gearhead Garage & Driver (this was my 1st duo I played on pc and I still have them just for the memories :p)

1. The Witcher 3
2. Jak 3
3. AC Black Flag
4. FireWatch
5. Dying Light
6. Watch Dogs
7. Mafia 3
8. Pokemon Emerald
9. Spartan: Total Warrior
10. Just Cause 3 (Pure fun to play)

- Star Control 2 - (Im not ordering this list, but let it be said that SC2 would still hold high position on my hypothetical best games of all time list)

- Wing Commander 1 & 2 - (the original reason why I begged my father to buy me my first PC in the first place. (25MHz 386 to be exact) This space opera undoubtedly would still be enjoyable to play if I could still run it. There were ports to more modern windows, but these completely ignored the 4 expansions even in best case scenarios. The music is still incredible, including works by the legendary Martin Galway.)

- Monkey Island 2 - (I remember I had a competition with my schoolmates about who would finish the game first. Best example of the classic point and click adventure)

- Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines (Still unique. I wish more RPGs took notes from VtMB when it comes to branching storylines and interesting NPCs)

- Assassin's creed: Odyssey - (Possibly my all-time favorite action RPG. I just relate to Kassandra's story more than with any other video game character.)

- Red dead redemption - (while these days I hold gender-locked protagonist games in VERY low esteem, RDR must be mentioned for the excellent storyarc of John Marston and his ultimate fate, which is possibly the greatest final scene of all time in my eyes. Including the epilogue of Jack Marston's revenge. Rarely have I felt such satisfaction gunning down an NPC.)

- Knights of the old Republic 1 - (Speaking of branching storylines, this ones one of the best)

- Virtua Fighter series, particularly 4,5 and final showdown - (The fighting game I played with almost religious fervor for upwards of 20 years, and have esports backgroud in. (I once calculated my winnings to be about 2400€. Much of it was various goods though due to taxation laws, including a brand new xbox 360 console). I represented Finland in World Cyber games final tournament in Cologne, 2008. Got my flights and a weeks stay at a hostel paid for me. As befits my lifetime of bad luck, I was seriously ill at the time and could not perform to my best. :( In my heyday I considered myself top 5 in Europe in Virtua Fighter)

- Grand theft auto 5

- Star Wars the old republic - ( the MMO, here for the character storylines, specifically the Sith Warrior. The sith warrior remains one of my favorite video game characters to date, by the power of badassitude. The SW (which is: me) got to perform every single Sith cliche out there, and I totally loved it.)

ps. I withhold the right to change if I realize I have forgotten something groundbreakingly good..

Last edited:
World of Warcraft (vanilla & TBC - so many fond memories as a kid)
Test Drive Unlimited (there is a mod to make this game from 3,5gb to 26gb)
Left 4 Dead 2 (awesome cooperation - you need to make decisions and have faith in your teammates)
Freejack (it was something completly new for me - parkour MMORPG)
Osu! (when I found the right maps the competition kicked in :p)
Heroes 3&5 (so many hours on hotseats love it also same thing with Disciples 2!)
Gothic 1-3 (epic series with many good memories - when I was a kid I was running to my friend with internet connection just to print A4 pages full of cheats good times :p)
League Of Legends (hated it at 1st , then slowly started to love it)
NFS & GTA series (too many memories from the past)
Silent Hill 2 (holy moly the amount of emotions trying to solve this game without any help)

Honorable mentions:
-Gearhead Garage & Driver (this was my 1st duo I played on pc and I still have them just for the memories :p)
Great, even your Profile pic is Cheap Shot, damned rogues!

Top Bottom