top 10 favorite games

+
I don't think any other SW games have done decent saber combat since Jedi Academy, maybe Fallen Order has done a good job.

100% agree. I think they were on to some real magic with the Jedi Knight series. Academy was extremely strong and extremely versatile, plus -- the maps were phenomenal. So many interesting places to fight, especially if it was lightsabers only.

I haven't played much of Fallen Order, but I got to try it. While I think the story told and the characters were the best I've seen (games or film) since KotOR 1, I was surprised by how stiff the combat felt. There was a real sense of impact and power...but the actual fighting felt extremely contrived. More like the game was stalling my actions because it was trying to make everything "look" cool. It certainly does look cool, but I would have preferred a more organic and responsive approach. Still: what a great story. I have to end on a positive note there.

I will be honest and admit that I never liked the GTA game series. This is the only game that disgusts me. I am an ardent fan of old classic games such as mario, zelda, sonic and other games. I played all these games on my super Nintendo and I can’t forget those times. All the same, childhood was just amazing. You will laugh, but even now I have not parted with all these cartridges. I keep them and most likely I will not get rid of them. I would love to play all these games on the console but they are very expensive and almost impossible to find. So the only way out is to use the emulator. I usually do not prefer the emulator, but this is the only way out. I found the entire collection of old classic games on the site with Super Nintendo (SNES) Roms. They are perfectly optimized and run on any PC.

Last edited:
I haven't played much of Fallen Order, but I got to try it. While I think the story told and the characters were the best I've seen (games or film) since KotOR 1, I was surprised by how stiff the combat felt. There was a real sense of impact and power...but the actual fighting felt extremely contrived. More like the game was stalling my actions because it was trying to make everything "look" cool. It certainly does look cool, but I would have preferred a more organic and responsive approach. Still: what a great story. I have to end on a positive note there.

Its also possible that you simply couldn't 'master' the combat so quickly. Its what the game advertises after all. That the combat is deep and not easily mastered. As an old esports fighting game player, I might be able to appreciate it more if given chance.

However, I have not played fallen order for a number of reasons. Im not sure my old machine runs it well, and secondly its basic hero and basic genderlocked male protagonist. I just can't get excited about that stuff anymore, no matter the amount of content. I'd prefer to play a Sith for starters.

ps. Fallen order is on 50% discount on steam atm.

Its also possible that you simply couldn't 'master' the combat so quickly. Its what the game advertises after all. That the combat is deep and not easily mastered. As an old esports fighting game player, I might be able to appreciate it more if given chance.

However, I have not played fallen order for a number of reasons. Im not sure my old machine runs it well, and secondly its basic hero and basic genderlocked male protagonist. I just can't get excited about that stuff anymore, no matter the amount of content. I'd prefer to play a Sith for starters.

ps. Fallen order is on 50% discount on steam atm.

I didn't play a terrible amount of it. Only up to that first world, explored aimlessly for a bit, and got to the Temple and back to the ship. Certainly wouldn't call that a mastery of the system.

However, I didn't have any big trouble. Was even able to kill one of the big, frog things on my second attempt. It's simply the way the combat felt was very "contrived". Difficult to describe, but there were definitive patterns to enemy attacks, and definitive patterns to when I needed to push the attack button. Unlike Dark Souls, however, the patterns never changed. So, I was never free to try different approaches without my attacks missing or being interrupted. There was only one, "right" way to do it. Anything else meant you'd get whallopped.

So, the combat felt more like a rhythm puzzle that rewarded you with cool animations, rather than a robust, reactive system.

The Witcher 2
Mass Effect 2
Prince of Persia 2
God of War 3
Fallout:New Vegas
RE4
Post automatically merged:

100% agree. I think they were on to some real magic with the Jedi Knight series. Academy was extremely strong and extremely versatile, plus -- the maps were phenomenal. So many interesting places to fight, especially if it was lightsabers only.

Actually i think the characters are so cliche and boring.And final event shouldve killed them.

Last edited:
Undertale - it awakened emotional response from me like nothing ever before
Age of Empires 1-2 - a classic, it was my first encounter with video games so many years ago
Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge - my long-time favourite RTS
Fallout: New Vegas - still one of the best RPGs out there
Mass Effect series - amazing story and world building, great RPG elements
The Witcher series - a card game where you hunt monsters to buy better cards
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - classic tabletop brought to life
Disco Elysium - it's the longest psychology test you will meet and worth it
Pillars of Eternity - unique mechanics and brutally harsh combat to bring out the tactician
Torment: Tides of Numeria - a modern reimagination of Planescape: Torment
Tabletop Simulator - play with friends / randoms across the globe with thousands of board games
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy - an epic tale that there is always a price to be paid, no matter what
Super Mario - do I even have to say anything?
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - one of the best cyberpunk games out there
Shadowrun series - also great cyberpunk series based on tabletop rules
Star Wars: Empire at War - the only decent RTS in the SW universe
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy - so old and still the best lightsaber combat you will see

Last edited:
Oh boy, I had to think about this pretty hard.

#1. Gotcha Force (if you know this game, you are my new friend).
#2. Borderlands 2
#3. Let It Die
#4. Cel Damage
#5. Sea of Thieves (this game just wormed its way into my top 5).
#6. Timesplitters: Future Perfect
#7. Burnout 3
#8. Terraria
#9. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
#10. Bloodborne (and that's a solid maybe).

To me, what makes a game worthy of top is if I can happily play it no matter how many times I've played it and no matter how old it is. So I consider this my "list of games I would play on a stranded island."

I didn't play a terrible amount of it. Only up to that first world, explored aimlessly for a bit, and got to the Temple and back to the ship. Certainly wouldn't call that a mastery of the system.

However, I didn't have any big trouble. Was even able to kill one of the big, frog things on my second attempt. It's simply the way the combat felt was very "contrived". Difficult to describe, but there were definitive patterns to enemy attacks, and definitive patterns to when I needed to push the attack button. Unlike Dark Souls, however, the patterns never changed. So, I was never free to try different approaches without my attacks missing or being interrupted. There was only one, "right" way to do it. Anything else meant you'd get whallopped.

I actually decided to buy it. Ive played it to around halfway, and while its combat can be fluid and impressive-looking, it ultimately isn't all that deep. Its more about knowing what the enemy animation looks like and countering it with the proper technique. And apart from the sith bosses, the NPCs don't have much in their playbook. I think about 3 different attack chains. After you learn those, it becomes mostly twitch-reaction defense.

I have enjoyed the game but I feel that the combat was somewhat over-hyped. The game I would compare fallen order to, would be Batman arkham series.

(that said, I am biased as I am comparing to fighting games with my background of ex-esports fighting game player. Specifically virtua fighter). No SP game is going to reach those depths.

I actually decided to buy it. Ive played it to around halfway, and while its combat can be fluid and impressive-looking, it ultimately isn't all that deep. Its more about knowing what the enemy animation looks like and countering it with the proper technique. And apart from the sith bosses, the NPCs don't have much in their playbook. I think about 3 different attack chains. After you learn those, it becomes mostly twitch-reaction defense.

I have enjoyed the game but I feel that the combat was somewhat over-hyped. The game I would compare fallen order to, would be Batman arkham series.

(that said, I am biased as I am comparing to fighting games with my background of ex-esports fighting game player. Specifically virtua fighter). No SP game is going to reach those depths.

That sounds more or less like my experience with it as well. I may go pick it up, because I really liked the story. (I watched the cutscene movie on YouTube.)

And now I'm grinning like a fool because Kingdoms of Amalur is getting a remaster. Fingers crossed. That is a phenomenal combat system.

Fallout : New Vegas (Interesting lore, devastating world building, interesting characters, so many and meaningful outcomes)
Dragon Age : Origins (Same as above, plus it's fair to say this game is the one that change my look on rpg genre)
Mass Effect Trilogy (I don't think i can describe this series with words, it's a must play for sci-fi rpg fans)
Star Wars Kotor 2( I'd say this one is something between dragon age and mass effect in my view, yet it's something unique, it's not just star wars, it's suffice to say this underrated gem succeeded where the movies and it's predecessor has failed.
Star Wars Battlefront : II (Classic) (space battles, no p2w, i think that's all lol, best star wars experience ever.)
Deus Ex : Human Revolution ( alright this one is interesting. i've played this one a year ago or so. i wanted experience the cyberpunk feeling something close to cyberpunk 2077(at least what it looks like so far) so i'd get the idea about what's the real deal. in the end i was hooked onto this one, really enjoyed the gameplay, lore, claustrophobic world building, interactions with the people, and what not i can keep going but you get the idea. i've also tried on the old games but felt like a bit outdated for me. might check it later though) :shrug:
Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas ( SP had a interesting story and unexpected plot twists and this was the first gta game that you could swim also pilot a plane or a jet. back then this game was the example how to make a proper open world game without a shallow world building. i've made so many friends in the SA:MP(Multiplayer Mode) and had such a blast with them for years. idk it's current state but i doubt anyone plays it now.)
Portal 1-2(The first and last series i played that doesn't have in-game violance and it managed to hook me up for hours and in the end it was worth it. I'd appreciate game recommendations such as this.
Half Life Series( a bit late but i've played the series this year lol(don't kill me) first game felt like boring from the start then things get interesting very rapidly. the soundtrack was amazing , few levels felt repetitive but besides that each level felt unique, especially the end level. It's expansions was pretty much same besides opposing force had a few new gimmicks such as climbing on ropes etc. each one of them was a unique experience. and i've finished the base game and the expansions two times because i couldn't get enough lol. as for the hl 2 and it's episodes was such an amazing experience and the most surprising thing was it didn't look that old, if i didn't check on release date before i would say this game was made in 2008 or something idk. i am not sure how to describe this game, umm i think it's fair to say it was unique on it's own way, an interesting plot, amazing level building, relatable/interesting characters what i'm trying to say here is you can make connections with most of the characters in this game, alyx was such an sidekick/companion. well i think that's all for this game, this was such a unique experience for me i hope we get a sequel for this one soon enough. spoiler don't look !
Assassin's Creed II ( This is the game i've started on the AC series back then it was interesting, it had enigmatic feeling while i was roaming around the reneissance italy and ofc the magnificent soundtrack, not to mention the character development of the main protoganist was a job well done, tbh ezio is one of the fictional characters that i wish they were real. i think i've finished this game more than 5-6 times or more :shrug: )

Last edited:
1 - Legacy Of Kain : Soul Reaver
2 - Fallout 2
3 - Mortal Kombat 9
4 - Vampire : Bloodline
5 - Harvester
6 - Quake 3
7 - Puyo Puyo 2
8 - Shenmue 2
9 - Outlast 2
10 - Postal 2

Portal 1-2(The first and last series i played that doesn't have in-game violance and it managed to hook me up for hours and in the end it was worth it. I'd appreciate game recommendations such as this.

I have to make a special note of agreement here. I never give the Portal games enough love. But I seriously cannot think of another game that both remained fun from beginning to end, surprised me so many times with how clever it was, and made me laugh out loud more often.

Portal 1 and 2 are simply gems, and anyone that hasn't played them yet definitely should.

I have to make a special note of agreement here. I never give the Portal games enough love. But I seriously cannot think of another game that both remained fun from beginning to end, surprised me so many times with how clever it was, and made me laugh out loud more often.

Portal 1 and 2 are simply gems, and anyone that hasn't played them yet definitely should.

Exactly, and it was filled with dark humor that would be almost improbable today, but the overral cartoonish "South Parky" attitude made the satire and the ultraviolence way less shocking (even tho it was banned in 20+ countries)

Fallout : New Vegas (Interesting lore, devastating world building, interesting characters, so many and meaningful outcomes)
Dragon Age : Origins (Same as above, plus it's fair to say this game is the one that change my look on rpg genre)
Mass Effect Trilogy (I don't think i can describe this series with words, it's a must play for sci-fi rpg fans)
Star Wars Kotor 2( I'd say this one is something between dragon age and mass effect in my view, yet it's something unique, it's not just star wars, it's suffice to say this underrated gem succeeded where the movies and it's predecessor has failed.
Star Wars Battlefront : II (Classic) (space battles, no p2w, i think that's all lol, best star wars experience ever.)
Deus Ex : Human Revolution ( alright this one is interesting. i've played this one a year ago or so. i wanted experience the cyberpunk feeling something close to cyberpunk 2077(at least what it looks like so far) so i'd get the idea about what the real this. in the end i was hooked onto this one, really enjoyed the gameplay, lore, claustrophobic world building, interactions with the people, and what not i can keep going but you get the idea. i've also tried on the old games but felt like a bit outdated for me. might check it later though) :shrug:
Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas ( SP had a interesting story and unexpected plot twists and this was the first gta game that you could swim also pilot a plane or a jet. back then this game was the example how to make a proper open world game without a shallow world building. i've made so many friends in the SA:MP(Multiplayer Mode) and had such a blast with them for years. idk it's current state but i doubt anyone plays it now.)
Half Life Series( a bit late but i've played the series this year lol(don't kill me) first game felt like boring from the start then things get interesting very rapidly. the soundtrack was amazing , few levels felt repetitive but besides that each level felt unique, especially the end level. It's expansions was pretty much same besides opposing force had a few new gimmicks such as climbing on ropes etc. each one of them was a unique experience. and i've finished the base game and the expansions two times because i couldn't get enough lol. as for the hl 2 and it's episodes was such an amazing experience and the most surprising thing was it didn't look that old, if i didn't check on release date before i would say this game was made in 2008 or something idk. i am not sure how to describe this game, umm i think it's fair to say it was unique on it's own way, an interesting plot, amazing level building, relatable/interesting characters what i'm trying to say here is you can make connections with most of the characters in this game, alyx was such an sidekick/companion. well i think that's all for this game, this was such a unique experience for me i hope we get a sequel for this one soon enough. spoiler don't look !
Assassin's Creed II ( This is the game i've started on the AC series back then it was interesting, it had enigmatic feeling while i was roaming around the reneissance italy and ofc the magnificent soundtrack, not to mention the character development of the main protoganist was a job well done, tbh ezio is one of the fictional characters that i wish they were real. i think i've finished this game more than 5-6 times or more :shrug: )

Nice list, I have similar games as my favorites!

Here's mine which has a bit of everything. Nostalgia factor is accounted for.

1. Witcher 3: I've never played a game with that much cohesion between its gameplay, story, soundtrack, sound design etc... It's like it was made with passion by only one person

2.Mass effect 2: what can I say, a classic in the RPG genre that I played countless times

3.GTA San Andreas: My first open world game and the game I grew up with! Nostalgia is strong with this one.

4. The Last of us: the game that has given me the most feels to this day. The plot is so simple but so well told.

5. Rome: Total war: That strategy game was ahead of its time with a fascinating era and incredible improvement accross the board in the whole series.

6. Overwatch : I spent a lot of time, had a lot of laughs and fun with friends in the only online game worthy of being in my top 10.

7. Control: this game flew under the radar of a lot of player. This supernatural 3rd person shooter has some of the most intriguing lore and story I have ever experienced as well as the best art direction of any game and a super fun gameplay.

8. Skyrim: I don't think i need to introduce this game.

9: Xcom War of the Chosen: this game is just unmatched when it comes to strategy games and the replay value is insane. The fact that you get so attached to your soldiers in a game light on story speaks for it self.

10: Borderlands 2: I had so much fun playing this game with my best friend! The last bastion of couch coop games!

Special mention

Kotor: Even if I find the 2nd entry to be superior, it was my first RPG experience and the game that introduced me to the good ol' Bioware. I also remember that the main twist just blew my kid mind at the time.

Last edited:
Not necessarily in order:

The Witcher series as a whole (First one has a special place in my heart, hadn't heard about the books or anything till I randomly got the game, but 3 has my favorite everything.)

Bioshock 1 (wonderful atmosphere)
Fallout 3 (amazing story arc)
Amnesia Dark Descent (again for the atmosphere, and mechanics)
Sekiro (the challenge and art style)
Dark Souls 1 & 3 (lore, art, mechanics, and challenge though I wasn't a fan of 2 much)
Assassin's Creed Black Flag (mostly for the pirate memes and shanties)

Exactly, and it was filled with dark humor that would be almost improbable today, but the overral cartoonish "South Parky" attitude made the satire and the ultraviolence way less shocking (even tho it was banned in 20+ countries)

The first time I got to the end of 2 and listened to the Well Here We Are Again. I was literally laughing and clapping the whole way through it.

And "Caroline deleted..." had me in tears.

Portal 1 and 2 are in a league of their own :ok: Portal 2 actually is one of the games that I felt terrible for leaving out of my top 10 but, what can I say, competition was really rough :shrug:

Hard list to do and many entries are subject to change, but here it goes:

1. Horizon Zero Dawn - currently only for PS4, but soon coming to PC, one of the best game last year, stunning visuals, good story, great soundtracks and an ingenuous, tactic-based gameplay.
2. Witcher 3 - a close tie with no.1, while HZD has overall better graphics and game play mechanics, Witcher 3 excels in terms of story line and character development, however that is only normal, as W3 is novel-based.
3. Age of Empires 2 + Expansions - timeless strategy game, I recommend the Definitive Edition that Microsoft released recently, with HD, Remastered visuals and new content added; that's how you remaster a game.
4. Rise of the Tomb Raider - the best installment of the Survival trilogy, a larger map to explore, more collectible, more crypts and tombs to unravel, a fun DLC and great challenges, particularly Endurance mode.
5. Valkyria Chronicles - not that fond of Japanese games in general, but this one is very well made; turn-based, but with a good dose of strategy planning; every move and decision you make can influence the outcome of your mission.
6. Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge - best games in the entire C&C franchise and I truly hope it will get a remaster treatment the way the first 2 got recently.
7. Assassin's Creed games - I will treat these as a franchise rather than classifying which are better; I recommend Assassin's Creed 1, 2 (+ Expansions: Brotherhood and Revelations), Black Flag, Syndicate, Origins & Odyssey.
8. Starcraft games - Starcraft 1, Broodwar and 2 (WoL, HotS and LotV), games made from a time when Blizzard actually cared and was more in touch with its fan-base.
9. Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne - stellar games, until Blizzard-Activision destroyed them with a Reforged (Refunded) version that they seem to have abandoned in the mean time; luckily, I still own old copies of this game.
10. A Plague Tale: Innocence - a short, but truly rewarding story-based, stealth game, with a medieval setting; there is confirmation of a second installment and hopefully, this one will be longer and as good or even better than the first.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
3. Grand Theft Auto V
4. Batman Arkham Series
5. Marvel's Spider-Man
6. Red Dead Redemption II
7. Modern Warfare 2
8. Uncharted 4
9. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis ( more so the PS1 version)
10. *LOADING. PLEASE WAIT. CYBERPUNK 2077 IS AVAILABLE NOVEMBER 19TH*

Top Bottom