top 10 favorite games

+
Here we go, favourite games of all time. For the record I have been a PC-exclusive gamer since I upgraded from my Commodore 64 :LOL:
  1. Far Cry 4 (the only open-world game I have ever enjoyed so much as to keep playing to 100% completion)
  2. Diablo 2 (inc LoD expansion)
  3. Unreal Tournament 2004 (the only of these I've ever played in multiplayer, outside of LAN parties with friends)
  4. Warhammer 40k Dawn of War (inc all expansions)
  5. Grim Dawn (inc all expansions)
  6. Assassins Creed 2 (but less-so Revelations & Brotherhood)
  7. Crysis
  8. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  9. Cyberpunk 2077 (has potential to move up the list as far as #6 depending upon what later expansions do for it)
  10. Ghost Recon: Wildlands (it'd rank higher if not for some annoyances)
  11. F.E.A.R. (honourable mention 1)
  12. Mad Max (honourable mention 2)

1. Heroes of Might and Magic III

By far my favourite game ever, I have been playing it since its release in 1999.

The rest of the games are in no particular order (more than 10, couldn't decide which I like more):

Heroes of Might and Magic II/IV
Settlers I/III/IV
Pharaoh/Cleopatra
Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate II
Age of Empires II
Age of Mythology
Crash Bandicoot III
Superfrog
Witcher 3
Gwent
Commandos I/II
Total War series
Stronghold/Stronghold Crusader

No one lives forever games
F.E.A.R.
The Witcher
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
The Mass Effect Games (I like the first one better, I can play the game in any order I like after leaving the Citadel after the first time. In lesser extent, ME2, I can do the DLC's after the suicide run.)
CP77. (Though improved, the game is a bit lacking at this moment.)
The Sims 2. (I miss that game)
COD/UO

I have to come back to this later.

Not specifically in this order
Newly added:
- Mass Effect 1,2,3
- Horizon Zero Dawn + Forbidden West
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider

- Starcraft 2 (LotV)
- C&C3 KW
- Warzone 2100
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Fallout 3/4
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Duke Nukem 3D (PS release)
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Mortal Kombat 11, it has worn off pretty much
- World of Tanks, its becoming increasingly frustrating to actually play this game and have fun with it.
- GTA 5, Only play with friends since this game frustrates me for its mechanics and UI, the story was funny though
A bit over a year later but there's quite a modification to make here since dec 2021.

For me story is on a first place as a driver to play a game so in favourities below who catch me from one hand by their first class stories and from other hand by rich universes.

So it is more the list of universes, not specific games.

Cant raise a hand to put them in order, so lets pretend they are have equal importance :)

• Mass Effect universe (all three parts)
  • Witcher universe (all three parts)
  • World of Warcraft universe (Warcraft 3 + World of Warcraft)
  • Cyberpunk universe (an upfront definitely, but if we will see 3 three games with such level of execution (I mean from the good side indeed) so it is definitely worth it, huge potential)

Somewhat in order, but not quite, I suppose:
- Fallout 2 (and 1),
- PS:T,
- Arcanum,
- Wizardry 8,
- Migh&Magic VI,
- HoM&M (series),
- Civilization (series),
- Wizardy 7,
- Morrowind,
- Deus Ex (the original)

1. The Witcher 3
2. Divinity: Original Sin 2
3. Diablo 2
4. Fallout 2
5. God of War (2018)
6. Fallout
7. Hades
8. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Mostly ME1/ME2 content - I think ME3 is pretty bad)
9. Fallout: New Vegas
10. Civilization 5

Honorable Mentions: World of Warcraft, Cyberpunk 2077, Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, Wasteland 3, Super Mario Brothers 1/3, Super Mario World

Hmm theres way too many... Some of my favorites:

1. VTM:Bloodlines, with the patches and stuff (hope the second will be as good but more finished!).
2. Dragon Age series (yes even 2 can be fun)
3. Mass effect series, both old and legendary + Andromeda for gameplay mainly.
4. Witcher 3,2,1 in that order.
5. Swkotor and Kotor2 + Swtor (i play it as a RPG mainly)
6. Pathfinder, both games.
7. Planetscape : Tourment (been a looong time)
8. Baldurs gate series (havent tested 3 yet waiting for release)
9. Expedition : vikings (really underrated game)
10. Neverwinter nights (also been a looong time)

Extras: Deus Ex (prefer the older ones but the newer is pretty ok too) Diablo 1,2, Starcraft 1,2, Warcraft 1-3 and when im in the mood: Europa universalis.

Wow now i feel old :D

Edit knew i would forget something: TES series deservs a high spot, 2.5-3.5 id say ^^

1. Mass Effect 2
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. Banjo-Kazooie
  4. Witcher 3
  5. Red Dead Redemption 1/2 (Both are perfect packages to me)
  6. God of War 2018
  7. TellTale's Walking Dead
  8. Persona 5
  9. Halo: Combat Evolved
  10. MGS3
    ---------
    Honourable mentions: Sly 2, WarCraft 3

I have a feeling that once I get my hands on Horizon Zero Dawn, it's gonna end on my list and quite high... of all the games I've seen it's the only one that can match TW3's quality (or perhaps even surpass it)

Last edited:
Oooh, lists!

1. The Witcher III - Wild Hunt
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Mass Effect (Legendary Edition, so I don't have to list them all)
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
5. Door Kickers 2
6. Disco Elysium
7. Control
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Darkest Dungeon
10. Death Stranding / (the old) R6 Siege

im sure I forgot a title/IP here and there... but overall I love strong storytelling in different genres around adventures & rpgs.
Therefor some top 5's instead of a mixed top 10:

General
  1. Parasite Eve (IP)
  2. Horizon (Zero Dawn, Frozen Wilds, Forbidden West)
  3. Tomb Raider Triology (2013+)
  4. Final Fantasy (Main-IP titles 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 13-2)
  5. NieR & NieR Automata

Narritive/Storytelling
  1. Life is Strange (IP)
  2. Until Dawn
  3. Detroid becomes Human
  4. Mirror Twins
  5. Tell me why

Anime style
  1. Tales of … (IP)
  2. Scarlet Nexus
  3. Persona (IP)
  4. Code Vein
  5. Musashi

Oldschool RPGs
  1. Lufia 2
  2. Terranigma
  3. Secret of Mana (IP)
  4. Breath of Fire lll
  5. Chrono Trigger

MMOs
  1. Final Fantasy Online (MMO since release, FF11 & FF14)
  2. Ragnarok Online (Release till iRo/euRO server-shutdown)
edit:
Forgotten one:
1. Kingdom Hearts (IP) - Disney in a Fantasy/RPG environment is just lovely.
Post automatically merged:

10. Neverwinter nights (also been a looong time)

Pretty good one - My Ragnarok Online Guild was named after it "Neverwinter Knights" :p

Last edited:
1. total war warhammer 3 (900 hrs but if you count tww1 and 3 then its nearer 12k)
2. Cyberpunk 2077 (1,5k+ hours)
3. City skylines (650 hrs)
4. Fallout 4 (2.2k hrs)

I wished I cared more about other games but from here on out it's games I don't play but like the look of so I wont bother (sorry witcher didn't make it even though I own it.. I just don't play it)

1. Witcher/Witcher 2
2. Planescape: Torment
3. Starsiege: Tribes
4. AoE 2
5. DA:O
6. DE/DE:HR
7. Knights of Honor
8. BG1
9. SWAT 4
10. NFS 3
Hmm, list hasn't changed much in these last... 8 (... holy shit) years.

I guess I'll update it and expand a bit:

1. Witcher/Witcher 2/Witcher 3 - Now including The Witcher 3! Each game in the series tried to do different things and is quite different from the other ones, but they all maintain a very strong storytelling core that keeps them at the top of my list. Impossible to pick a favourite between these three.

2. Planescape: Torment - A milestone in cRPGs with a narrative focus. The Nameless One is an excellent video game protagonist, turning the cliched "protagonist with amnesia" premise on its head. The world of Planescape is also one worth experiencing. A shame the recent spritual successor - Tides of Numenera - missed the mark. Disco Elysium is an honorable mention came closer than Tides of Numenera, and probably would have made the list had it come out 20 years ago.

3. Starsiege: Tribes - A very unique multiplayer game that combines jetpacks, speed and skill shots with slow-moving projectiles to produce an FPS experience like no other. Tribes: Ascend is an honorable mention that tried to revive the franchise, but ultimately failed thanks to a horrendous F2P model.

4. AoE 2 - Well, nowadays you have the Definitive Edition, with a lot of new civs and campaigns. The fact that this game is still one of the most-played RTS games today is a testament to how good it is/was.

5. DA:O - Took the ideas from Baldur's Gate and elevated them to the modern (at the time) era, while also innovating in terms of character creation. Hnorable mention to Divinity: Original Sin 2 which took a similar approach (a weaker story, writing and presentation is why it's only an honorable mention).

6. DE/DE:HR - The definitive immersive sim franchise (with some highs and lows). A shame Mankind Divided was such a let-down, the game had huge potential.

7. Knights of Honor - Total War with a world map that updates in real time rather than using turns, with somewhat deeper kingdom management (though not quite as deep as Crusader Kings). I've sunk so many hours into this game that I had to put it on the list. Excellent soundtrack too (by the composer of the music for Divinity: Original Sin 2 and the upcoming Baldur's Gate 3). WIth Knights of Honor 2 around the corner, I am very excited.

8. BG1 - The blueprint for most modern story-driven RPG games. Down on the list because of a weak narrative. Nonetheless, a memorable adventure in the Forgotten Realms and a landmark title. Let's hope Baldur's Gate 3 can surpass it when it comes out.

9. SWAT 4 - The best tactical shooter out there, even to this day. Honorable mention goes to Ready Or Not, which I understand is a modern spiritual successor. Have not played it yet, so I can't say if it belongs on the list or not, but definitely a game I am interested in playing once it's out of Early Access.

10. NFS 3 - To me, the best Need for Speed game. The only other meaningful innovation in the NFS franchise was Underground, which introduced an open world, but I didn't care that much for it and its nitro mechanic.

Last edited:
Team Fortress Classic, Warframe, Warface PvE, Destiny 2, Cyberpunk 2077, The Division 2, Mad Max, Batman: Arkham Knights, Crysis 2 and 3... but the game I realy miss, is Ghost in a Shell: First Assault.

Witcher Saga
Baldurs Gate 1+2
Icewind Dale
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Majoras Mask
Vampire Bloodlines
Diablo 2
Starcraft Broodwar
Unreal Tournament
Gothic 1+2
F-Zero X

1. Cyberpunk 2077