Top 10 most annoying cards currently (make a list)

+

Guest 4375874

Yes, one card, Mandrake special for 8 provisions.
Ironically there's a card that transforms into another card on your side of the field but take a guess at which faction has it lol I've had them use it to play a copy of Damien if i moved the first one to the ranged row. The Devs obviously have a bias for this faction, I don't know how else to interpret why they have all these exclusive OP cards

That doesn't happen.
Yeah, I've noticed that NOW they don't, since 6.3 update that is. Seems that Syndicate was nerfed once more yet again. This sucks ass, but, hey, two Defender cards are still two instead of just one, even if they don't work well now. Just give them more armor (works great in combination with Wagenburg, for example) or boost them as soon as you can after they were deployed and it'll give a lot of headache to any player. Quite funny, in all actuality, is that I've been noticing lately that when I do two scarabs via tribute, most people prefer to almost immediately "pass on" (so lose the first round), instead of trying to fight back any, even IF they technically could have decent hand/combo on them. This gets especially hilarious when barely any cards were played in the round (usually up to 3~4) and my opponent already "gives up" when I do that. It seems that people literally get triggered/rustled/riled by double Defender, for some reason. Regardless of their deck/hand/skill. Not like I can blame them for that, though. Azar is an ASS to deal with, if he's used properly/at the right time. Now it was nerfed since 6.3, sure, but it's still a decent card nonetheless (IMHO).

Yeah, I've noticed that NOW they don't, since 6.3 update that is. Seems that Syndicate was nerfed once more yet again. This sucks ass, but, hey, two Defender cards are still two instead of just one, even if they don't work well now. Just give them more armor (works great in combination with Wagenburg, for example) or boost them as soon as you can after they were deployed and it'll give a lot of headache to any player. Quite funny, in all actuality, is that I've been noticing lately that when I do two scarabs via tribute, most people prefer to almost immediately "pass on" (so lose the first round), instead of trying to fight back any, even IF they technically could have decent hand/combo on them. This gets especially hilarious when barely any cards were played in the round (usually up to 3~4) and my opponent already "gives up" when I do that. It seems that people literally get triggered/rustled/riled by double Defender, for some reason. Regardless of their deck/hand/skill. Not like I can blame them for that, though. Azar is an ASS to deal with, if he's used properly/at the right time. Now it was nerfed since 6.3, sure, but it's still a decent card nonetheless (IMHO).
they never did. defenders don't defend other defenders. was like this since they first introduced defenders

there's a card that transforms into another card on your side of the field
First of all, sure, yes, there' one, but: a) he doesn't get any extra HP (and his base is 5, so if you transform into opponent's 6+ HP card you will actually LOSE, in comparison, so it's only worthwhile to use it to turn into cards which have HP lower than 5 or equal to it) and b) if you're going to turn into cards which had skills that trigger on deploy - that's a waste because you won't be able to use them, IIRC. So he always should be used only to turn into "up to 5 HP" units that either have per turn end/start attacks/boosts/nerfs, or the ones which have orders/charges. It's a pretty limited card, in all honesty. It's NOT bad, but it's not perfect either. One of the best uses for it, for example, is to turn into cards which have small HP and a countdown to a massive boost (like Shere Khan, for example. That card has two-turn timer to turn into a 12 HP unit, but it starts at measly 2 HP, so it can usually be easily locked or outright destroyed by any decent attack early on, but if you use the dopplelganger card to turn into it - not only will you turn into a full version of Shere Khan right on the next turn over, because you did it mid-count during enemy's turn and the count carries over IIRC, but also will have a 5 HP instead of 2 after the initial turn-over, so your opponent will either have to attack your card with powerful cards/leader skills to destroy it (because it'll become 15 after the turn ends, otherwise) and essentially waste a turn/leader pool that way, or lock it, which, again, will be a waste of turn if you have purifying/unlocking cards on hand...which you should).

Was like this since they first introduced Defenders.
Really? Hmmm...guess that's my imagination playing tricks on me, then.
I've started playing this game only recently (literally just a couple weeks ago), obviously way later after the Defender skill/cards were added, so if this was always like that then I obviously personally wouldn't know/find out from merely just playing the game, and I didn't have a chance of seeing this being a case before 6.3 update became a thing (I got Azar card literally just a day or two before game's version was changed), because no one attacked my two scarabs before that. I only saw them getting attacked after 6.3 already gone live, so I made an assumption that it was a nerf and that in the previous version of the game this wasn't a thing.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

First of all, sure, yes, there' one, but: a) he doesn't get any extra HP (and his base is 5, so if you transform into opponent's 6+ HP card you will actually LOSE, in comparison, so it's only worthwhile to use it to turn into cards which have HP lower than 5 or equal to it) and b) if you're going to turn into cards which had skills that trigger on deploy - that's a waste because you won't be able to use them, IIRC. So he always should be used only to turn into "up to 5 HP" units that either have per turn end/start attacks/boosts/nerfs, or the ones which have orders/charges. It's a pretty limited card, in all honesty. It's NOT bad, but it's not perfect either. One of the best uses for it, for example, is to turn into cards which have small HP and a countdown to a massive boost (like Shere Khan, for example. That card has two-turn timer to turn into a 12 HP unit, but it starts at measly 2 HP, so it can usually be easily locked or outright destroyed by any decent attack early on, but if you use the dopplelganger card to turn into it - not only will you turn into a full version of Shere Khan right on the next turn over, because you did it mid-count during enemy's turn and the count carries over IIRC, but also will have a 5 HP instead of 2 after the initial turn-over, so your opponent will either have to attack your card with powerful cards/leader skills to destroy it (because it'll become 15 after the turn ends, otherwise) and essentially waste a turn/leader pool that way, or lock it, which, again, will be a waste of turn if you have purifying/unlocking cards on hand...which you should).
The other cards don't matter tbh, extra HP doesn't matter if you're playing NG then the leader ability played twice will almost always guarantee you a win. I'm sure you are aware how much of a plague Damien is and please don't tell me using your leader ability twice isn't a big deal. I've seen ppl here make that argument and I challenge them to play 5 ranked matches, choose a leader with an ability but don't use it and then come back and tell us how well you do. They restricted Damien to a row because the card was unbalanced as hell but similar to what they did with Caretaker we see it happen here. They reworked caretaker so it wouldn't be abused except now the faction that double played scenarios the most are still able to abuse it

Guest 4375874

"Am I a joke to you?" (c) Lockdown

Lockdown prevents your opponent from using theirs as well. If the argument is NG don't need it's leader ability to win then you should be able to win against players who have their leader ability while you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most annoying cards? easy there it is:
1- Endrega Larva
2- Endrega Larva
3- Endrega Larva
4- Endrega Larva
5- Endrega Larva
6- Endrega Larva
7- Endrega Larva
8- Endrega Larva

this is the only card that is keeping monsters alive. 5 points that can easily be 14 points with only playing other cards. and the 2 armor on it makes it almost impossible to remove without using 2 removals on a single bronze 5 provisions card

Guest 4375874

Most annoying cards? easy there it is:
1- Endrega Larva
2- Endrega Larva
3- Endrega Larva
4- Endrega Larva
5- Endrega Larva
6- Endrega Larva
7- Endrega Larva
8- Endrega Larva

this is the only card that is keeping monsters alive. 5 points that can easily be 14 points with only playing other cards. and the 2 armor on it makes it almost impossible to remove without using 2 removals on a single bronze 5 provisions card
I agree with you and I actually have it in my deck (albeit only one) but I feel most MO players were forced to play multiple now because of the NG problem. I'm certainly tempted at this point to add several even though that's not how I want to play. This wasn't a huge problem until cheap poison and locks became rampant

Guest 4398623

You missed Sea Jackal.

How that card is still 4p...

I'm interested...why should Sea Jackal not be a 4 provision card?
Post automatically merged:

Some of those are annoying because are OP and stupid at the same time
1) PREDATORY DIVE: Is it so difficult to change that to work only if you have a card on your field? Cmon..
2) SEA JACKAL - STREET URCHINS: those are crazy in H.C. So, you are using H.C. plus Luiza, so you end a long turn with 9 coins every time. Then you win the game just using a 4 (four) P. card that allow you to do 14 - 11 points with no absolute effort. I lost the count of the game I lost vs H.C. in the last turn due to that s***, not cause of Savolla, Luiza etc but for a 4P card. And the worst is when the opponent play them during the game and casually boost them because they have to much coins for the next profit card. Give them order..
3) LUIZA: I could get that if that was a Special card.. but a 6 body card? I repeat, give that order (as any other card in this game with effect like that)
4) CARANTHIR: just for the fact no gold card should be played more than 2 times. This is not a huge OP card just because MO are not tier 1.
5) 4P e 5P POISON CARD: I think no explanation needed.
6) ALL "SEIZE A UNIT" CARDS: this is the worst mechanic ever. I'm ok with poison (except for the provision) but seize is really really bad. A lot of people explained why very good in other threads. And the most stupid one is? Yes exactly, Philippa from H.C.
7) YENNIFER'S INVOCATION: how is it possible this is 9P? The forum is divided in two factions, mine and the players who say "it's difficult to find a good target". Ok I can understand that but cards should be compared with similar, and there is no other tall remove card like this. Very low provision and you gain that card to use in the next round. Doesn't make any sense with 9P.
8) VANHEMAR: again, the problem is the provision cost. A removal with 3 body and 6 of provision? You are playing NG, so every opponent's card is locked. Example: Van Morlheem (4P, 3 body) + Van. (6P, 3 body) = any card destroyed with 10 P and 6 body. Or, worst, Impostor plus Van.
9) CERYS: why this card is OP is clear to all. ROCHE is similar but is very very difficult to play it good.

It is annoying because it is OP for a 4P card.

Scenarios in my opinion are really annoying. Even because no all types of decks have one. If they have to exist create more

I disagree with the Oak, is a 13 provision card, powerful like others. And also with Defenders, they are necessary,

Agree. 2 of them and every special cards who damage is just wasted against a 1 power unit..

Lyrian Sc. and Sea Jackal are totally different.
To make points with L. you need a looot of preparation, so it is a 3 point or, if you are lucky your opponent is not damaging everything, max a 10-11 points in a long and lucky round.
Sea Jackal instead is a 10-14 instant move without preparation in H.C.

So you are saying that creating coins is no preparation? Because when you play Sea Jackal without coins you just play a 4 point card...interesting.

-Damien
-Skellen
-Vattier
-Van Moorlehem
-Yen Invo
-Bribery
-Letho Kingslayer
-Joachim
-Cahir
-Shilard
-Vanhemar
-Fangs
-Thirsty Dame
-Assire
-Hefty Helge
-Cantarella
-Viper Witcher
-Treason
-Assassination

See a pattern here? :D

Non-NG annoying cards:
-Yrden, what a waste of everyone's time.
-Maraal, oh, so you teched in extra purify to counter poison? That's OK, I have Maraal...
-Phillippa, too easy to get value, honestly, should be 11-12
-Luiza, same, and can't counter/play around. No condition. Almost impossible to brick.
-Scytheman, ok, so we're gonna take this away from ST GOLDS, cuz OP, you know, but as an NR bronze, it's cool. Yeah...
-Honestly, sitting there watching the NR "charge" spam nonsense with like 20 charges per turn is pretty freaking annoying.
-Kiki queen spam is also annoying to watch.
-Vysogota might not actually be OP, but damn it's annoying watching him gain like 6 charges in one turn.

What's your problem with Yrden?

What ever that Gerald card is that resets every card on a row, IT HAS TO GO!
Every since it was introduced, fun factor has gone down. CHANGE IT to a 13 cost, or remove that BS from the GAME!

Everybody who is saying this has absolutely no idea about this game.

I'm interested...why should Sea Jackal not be a 4 provision card?

It's been a good couple of months since I've played so have to draw from memory.
IIRC, the hoard is not difficult to trigger even without the previously broken hidden cache (yes coins require "preparation" but hardly complex calculations), and mainly it's easy to burst finish well above provision cost within a single turn - unlike a lot of other 4 point engines which require multiple turns to generate value.

If it had some kind of limitation - eg 1 turn cooldown - then it would be fine. So then you could only generate 2-3 points per turn.

The few things I could compare this to as an uninteractable point slam on a low provision bronze would be Brouver (Guerilla Tactics) on Vrihedd Brigades as a single turn play to generate 2+2 points per move. But that's niche and requires limited leader charges.

Having now gone through a spate of having cards simply removed, regardless of status, value, anything by Yennifer I'd say that card should simply be removed from the game: it makes the other cheap trick insta-win cards (VVM, etc) look positively delightful in comparison.

Philippa's RNG is always perfect and quite frankly its absolutely disgusting.

Delete the bloody card.

Never make anything remotely like that again.

Its literally the same as bribery. Except that its generally not as awful when it misses.

Having now gone through a spate of having cards simply removed, regardless of status, value, anything by Yennifer I'd say that card should simply be removed from the game: it makes the other cheap trick insta-win cards (VVM, etc) look positively delightful in comparison.

Absolutely agree. Unbelievable mistake, how OP this card is. Easily the most annoying card in the game.

Honourable mention to VVM specifically when he's able to destroy a unit with Vitality (Grrrrr....) and Damien de la Tour when you don't have anything in your hand to kill him immediately.

Kaedweni Revenant, Drummond Shieldmaiden...in short, any card that is liable to be spawned/copied/resurrected ad nauseum.

I don't mind facing an unfair combo but when I have to face it several times a match it gets boring and frustating.

Viper Witcher - Gives zero chance to respond. And they can play it 7-8 times so you just sit there watching half your deck get deleted.

Bomb heaver - Scenarios might as well not exist in the game

Geralt Yrden - Spend your entire round building up your field, then sit back and look in amazement as the opponent blows it up with one card. Huge time waster for everyone involved.

Top Bottom