Top 10 most annoying cards currently (make a list)

+
The only cards that I dislike atm are Madame luiza and Saul because both of them are way overtuned.

In all honesty I could happily fill at least half of this list of NG cards. But I am going to try and offer up some worst offenders from each faction, for the sake of balance.

NR - This is hard for me since I both play this faction a lot and i feel like most of their cards are fair and rewarding. Pushed for to choose i would go for:
Vissegerd - as it can be quite annoying to see him pop up and have half a dozen charges.
Philippa: Blind Fury - at ten damage she can be a beast and with clever setup or simply luck, her random factor cushioned.
There's plently of powerful combos in the NR book; the Tridam boosts, the Voymir Revenants, the Charge Bards; but they all feel fair and defeatable to me.
If you were reading annoying as - weak, rather than strong then i would also mention Warfare/Ressuply cards - it's a shame that there's still not much that can be done with them. Maybe in future updates we'll see more cards that beef up this category.

ST - Similar to NR, I like their style of play and i find it hard to find fault. However there is one card that comes to mind:
Malena - her ability move and either negate a row-dependant unit or break up a combo of neighbouring cards each turn makes her very troublesome.
Treant Boar - Not as annoying as Malena but its persistant damage and persistant heals make it a tough card to fight, especially if there's plenty of other SK plays already present on the field.
Going with the trend i started with NR - Annoyingly weak SK cards - the trap cards. It's a shame about them as well. It used to be they were horribly broken but i hardly ever see them used and certainly don't use them myself.

SK - There's one card that stands shoulders against all others and that card is:
Sukrus - (or as my mind insists on remembering - Surkus) - a very powerful card that can negate the costs of many SK cards. At its worst when combined with the Covenant of Steel - if you don't happen to have a purify, then you're simply not getting through there.
Artis - Damaging all units by half when they are played is a powerful effect as well. It deals persistant damage to your enemy and sets up both your bloodlust and your berserker cards.
Annoyingly Weak - The Discard cards. Like the ST Trap cards they used to be OP but now they're relegated to an occassional play at best. I've only gotten my 100 wins with the Discard Leader because the recent Seasonal mode was very favorable for the SK deck i was using, even with a mostly useless Leader ability.

SN - I play this faction the least of all and see it the least of all so it might be the least accurate.
Philippa Eilhart - stealing a non-locked card for yourself is a powerful play. So long as you have the coins, you can steal yourself any card that isn't strongly boosted. And since the most powerful cards in the game tend to have low power, all the better - fewer coins needed.
Madame Luiza- thanks to her free tribute ability , she used to be on Philippa's level of annoyingness. After the change from deploy to order - we'll see.
Annoyingly weak - I'll resist the urge to say this entire faction (especially during season modes) and say - Collusion - Someone was talking about this card in a post some time ago and i agree - it's a fun card that doesn't seem to get much love or much use. Also similar to NR's Warfare, it's a shame that SN's Salamandra and Witch Hunter subcategories don't affect anything (both having only one card/combo and not an amazing one at that)

MO - Surprisingly many cards can be annoying in this faction, now that i think about it.
Caranthir - like previous poster's have pointed out his ability to spawn any gold card from your hand, most notably Kikimore Queen makes him a pain.
Keltullis - will keep destroying units on the side with fewer units. And since MO decks can always control the amount of units, essencially without cost to the user.
Ruehin - a hard to counter continuous free four points bump to your opponent's consume cards.
Yghern - similar to Ruehin - a free 13 points bump to your opponents consumers as long as it's played early enough. Although with enough setup you can play it successfully even in the last round.
Predatory Dive - due to a clear but long standing design fault, it does not actually require the user to have a unit of their own to be dostroyed - while not the most powerful, certainly one of the most annoying cards in the MO decks.
Annoyingly weak - I'm actually not sure if there is anything from this faction that fulfils this criterion - It used to be Dominate but with more cards having this effect it seems that all MO effects are workable and usable at this moment.

NG - Ah yes, the grand event. Although the other factions have some degree of annoyingness, this is definitelly the faction that has the most annoying, frustrating cards.
Cahir - a card with the potential to gain vast amounts of points every round. If you're playing a boost deck, which accounts for many MO, NR, SK, ST and even NG decks, then this card can essencially one-shot you. One of the potentially most powerful and most vesatile cards in the game. So no surprise it's in the NG deck. At least some partial nerf of this card would be great (I've written a more detailed post on this that's somewhere above in the discussion)
Yenner's Invocation - essencially a direct destroy effect without the added requirements that cheaper destroy effects usually have, which also adds the card to your deck AND guarantees that you'll get said card on your next draw, thereby removing any randomness
Vilgefrontz - destroy any chosen (undefended) card and force the other player to play a card at random, likely wasting its deploy or ranged/melee effect. Reusable with the Leader ability. Similar effect with Tibor Eggebracht.
And many more, but i'm not going

Neutral - Probably just Geralt:Yrden in this category - with one play have all the gains you've mad on a row get reset and have your opponent win the round just by having this card in their hand.

Anyways that's probably enough for one post. A bit more than just 10 but then perhaps a bit more variety to it as well. While we can all agree that NG is a pain in the ass in various combo incarnations, it's always good to remember that other factions can have OP cards too.

Last edited:
1 Bribery
2 Stefan Skellen
3 Damien de la Tour
4 Assire Var Anhanid
5 Yennefer Invocation
6 Vissegerd
7 The Great Oak
8 Wild Boar of the Sea
9 An Craite Greatsword
10 Azar Javed
[11] Bomb heaver
[12] Poison
[13] Tourney joust
[14] Stunning blow
[15] An Craite Longship
[16] Sly seductress

Last edited:
1. Passiflora — generates two of the most overpowered, mindless boost engines in the game.

2. Masquerade Ball — one stupid, overplayed card that destroys the enjoyability of an entire mechanism.

3. Cahil — mindless, overpowered and symptomatic of the 0-1 mindset that ruins CCG’s.

4. Vogo’s Muzzle — why should only one “theft” card be balanced? Compared to Yennefer’s invocation and Philipa Eilhart, it should give you 10 provisions.

5. Vernossiel — enough with the Elves! Seriously, too much synergy hinges upon this one card.

6. Gerald: Yrden — a pathetic attempt to balance a dozen OP boost generators in a single card that is itself OP and too prevalent.

7. Royal Decree — a lazy player’s solution to RNG allowing poorly designed decks to shine and delevopers to throw out 0-1 solutions to poorly designed cards.

8. Muraal — because more is not always better

9. Collusion — because it’s description won’t fit on my screen.

10. Knickers — because it’s description doesn’t describe what it does.

Honorable Mentio. Terror Crew Plunderer — Have you ever encountered a plunderer in an actual game? Exactly.

In all honesty I could happily fill at least half of this list of NG cards. But I am going to try and offer up some worst offenders from each faction, for the sake of balance.

NR - This is hard for me since I both play this faction a lot and i feel like most of their cards are fair and rewarding. Pushed for to choose i would go for:
Vissegerd - as it can be quite annoying to see him pop up and have half a dozen charges.
Philippa: Blind Fury - at ten damage she can be a beast and with clever setup or simply luck, her random factor cushioned.
There's plently of powerful combos in the NR book; the Tridam boosts, the Voymir Revenants, the Charge Bards; but they all feel fair and defeatable to me.
If you were reading annoying as - weak, rather than strong then i would also mention Warfare/Ressuply cards - it's a shame that there's still not much that can be done with them. Maybe in future updates we'll see more cards that beef up this category.

ST - Similar to NR, I like their style of play and i find it hard to find fault. However there is one card that comes to mind:
Malena - her ability move and either negate a row-dependant unit or break up a combo of neighbouring cards each turn makes her very troublesome.
Treant Boar - Not as annoying as Malena but its persistant damage and persistant heals make it a tough card to fight, especially if there's plenty of other SK plays already present on the field.
Going with the trend i started with NR - Annoyingly weak SK cards - the trap cards. It's a shame about them as well. It used to be they were horribly broken but i hardly ever see them used and certainly don't use them myself.

SK - There's one card that stands shoulders against all others and that card is:
Sukrus - (or as my mind insists on remembering - Surkus) - a very powerful card that can negate the costs of many SK cards. At its worst when combined with the Covenant of Steel - if you don't happen to have a purify, then you're simply not getting through there.
Artis - Damaging all units by half when they are played is a powerful effect as well. It deals persistant damage to your enemy and sets up both your bloodlust and your berserker cards.
Annoyingly Weak - The Discard cards. Like the ST Trap cards they used to be OP but now they're relegated to an occassional play at best. I've only gotten my 100 wins with the Discard Leader because the recent Seasonal mode was very favorable for the SK deck i was using, even with a mostly useless Leader ability.

SN - I play this faction the least of all and see it the least of all so it might be the least accurate.
Philippa Eilhart - stealing a non-locked card for yourself is a powerful play. So long as you have the coins, you can steal yourself any card that isn't strongly boosted. And since the most powerful cards in the game tend to have low power, all the better - fewer coins needed.
Madame Luiza- thanks to her free tribute ability , she used to be on Philippa's level of annoyingness. After the change from deploy to order - we'll see.
Annoyingly weak - I'll resist the urge to say this entire faction (especially during season modes) and say - Collusion - Someone was talking about this card in a post some time ago and i agree - it's a fun card that doesn't seem to get much love or much use. Also similar to NR's Warfare, it's a shame that SN's Salamandra and Witch Hunter subcategories don't affect anything (both having only one card/combo and not an amazing one at that)

MO - Surprisingly many cards can be annoying in this faction, now that i think about it.
Caranthir - like previous poster's have pointed out his ability to spawn any gold card from your hand, most notably Kikimore Queen makes him a pain.
Keltullis - will keep destroying units on the side with fewer units. And since MO decks can always control the amount of units, essencially without cost to the user.
Ruehin - a hard to counter continuous free four points bump to your opponent's consume cards.
Yghern - similar to Ruehin - a free 13 points bump to your opponents consumers as long as it's played early enough. Although with enough setup you can play it successfully even in the last round.
Predatory Dive - due to a clear but long standing design fault, it does not actually require the user to have a unit of their own to be dostroyed - while not the most powerful, certainly one of the most annoying cards in the MO decks.
Annoyingly weak - I'm actually not sure if there is anything from this faction that fulfils this criterion - It used to be Dominate but with more cards having this effect it seems that all MO effects are workable and usable at this moment.

NG - Ah yes, the grand event. Although the other factions have some degree of annoyingness, this is definitelly the faction that has the most annoying, frustrating cards.
Cahir - a card with the potential to gain vast amounts of points every round. If you're playing a boost deck, which accounts for many MO, NR, SK, ST and even NG decks, then this card can essencially one-shot you. One of the potentially most powerful and most vesatile cards in the game. So no surprise it's in the NG deck. At least some partial nerf of this card would be great (I've written a more detailed post on this that's somewhere above in the discussion)
Yenner's Invocation - essencially a direct destroy effect without the added requirements that cheaper destroy effects usually have, which also adds the card to your deck AND guarantees that you'll get said card on your next draw, thereby removing any randomness
Vilgefrontz - destroy any chosen (undefended) card and force the other player to play a card at random, likely wasting its deploy or ranged/melee effect. Reusable with the Leader ability. Similar effect with Tibor Eggebracht.
And many more, but i'm not going

Neutral - Probably just Geralt:Yrden in this category - with one play have all the gains you've mad on a row get reset and have your opponent win the round just by having this card in their hand.

Anyways that's probably enough for one post. A bit more than just 10 but then perhaps a bit more variety to it as well. While we can all agree that NG is a pain in the ass in various combo incarnations, it's always good to remember that other factions can have OP cards too.
With this list, you’re probably playing the wrong game lol! :)

Honorable Mentio. Terror Crew Plunderer — Have you ever encountered a plunderer in an actual game? Exactly.
They are actually really good I use them on Cow carass, bleeding units who would die anyway, poisoned units to decrease the value the opponent gets from killing them and of course units that benefit from getting damaged.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
1. Passiflora — generates two of the most overpowered, mindless boost engines in the game.

2. Masquerade Ball — one stupid, overplayed card that destroys the enjoyability of an entire mechanism.

3. Cahil — mindless, overpowered and symptomatic of the 0-1 mindset that ruins CCG’s.

4. Vogo’s Muzzle — why should only one “theft” card be balanced? Compared to Yennefer’s invocation and Philipa Eilhart, it should give you 10 provisions.

5. Vernossiel — enough with the Elves! Seriously, too much synergy hinges upon this one card.

6. Gerald: Yrden — a pathetic attempt to balance a dozen OP boost generators in a single card that is itself OP and too prevalent.

7. Royal Decree — a lazy player’s solution to RNG allowing poorly designed decks to shine and delevopers to throw out 0-1 solutions to poorly designed cards.

8. Muraal — because more is not always better

9. Collusion — because it’s description won’t fit on my screen.

10. Knickers — because it’s description doesn’t describe what it does.

That royal Decree though 😲

I just felt like making a list of the cards that I find most annoying in Gwent. The ones that gets on my nerves and "trigger" me in one way or another. I know alot of people find certain cards or even factions or leaders annoying. But a faction is not a card, but it can be argued that a leader in a way is a card. So, what is your top 10 list of most annoying cards in Gwent at the moment?

...whatever those units in Nor decks which boost other Nor units like crazy, or give other Nor units loads of charges to destroy your units. Those ones.

1. Maraal - if I had to pick a card that I wanted removed from the game, it's this one. (Who is this in Witcher lore anyways?)
  2. Assire - the card that allowed the most annoying deck to keep double-playing its artifact when the other factions lost theirs.
  3. Masquerade Ball (if they took away all of the scenario cards, I wouldn't shed a tear.)
  4. Falibor
  5. Vissigerd
  6. Waters of Brok (can anyone justify why this card costs less than Portal?)
  7. Kelltulis
  8. Regis - this needs an tweak similar to Igni's. When someone's holding on to damage charges, you know the last or next to last card is going to be a loooong play ("OK, now trim a point here, have to get this one down two points..." :rolleyes:)
  9. Damien
  10. Siege

Guest 4375874

I agree with most on your list but Damien was already reworked to be Melee only. I think he should maybe get a provision increase. You can just move him so I'd be more open adding other/better cards that move units. ST is pretty much the only faction that has numerous cards that have good synergy with their deck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4404014

Some places with more than one card because they do mostly the same thing. It's about being annoying not op. Except number 7.

1. Philippa Eilhart
2. V. V. M.
3. Yennefer: Invocation
4. Ruehin (the demon that can't die)
5. Keadweni Revenant
6. Malena
7. Tinboy/Wild Boar (I have no idea why ppl still get butthurt about NG, these cards dominate all point slams, and you gotta to be like 25 ahead (good luck with that if you didn't bomb Passiflora and good luck bombing it in time with double defender) or you lose a long round. And nothing you can do. No Caretakers/Bomb Heavers for this nonsense. Especially Tinboy that gets value with as few as 5 units.)
8. Ignis (when lucky with no setup)
9. Kikimore Queen
10. all Skelige cards

Honorable mention for Philippa: Blind Fury for the pissoff potential

I agree with most on your list but Damien was already reworked to be Melee only. I think he should maybe get a provision increase but even that is a bit of a reach. You can just move him so I'd be more open adding other/better cards that move units. ST is pretty much the only faction that has numerous cards that have good synergy with their deck.

Fair points - there's definitely a gap for me on that list between the top 8 and the bottom 2. Originally, Siege was much higher on that list, due to the point swing caused by the OP Bombardment card at the end. But I've run a lot fewer of those decks after Caretaker and Treb were nerfed. If that becomes popular again, then it moves up.

My rationale for Damien is that leader ability replay is one of those insane abilities unique to NG, and even if you manage to disable him, he's often followed by Kingslayer. (And I'm guilty of running that combo when I play my Assimilate deck)

And on further reflection, Draug should be on that list.

Guest 4375874

Fair points - there's definitely a gap for me on that list between the top 8 and the bottom 2. Originally, Siege was much higher on that list, due to the point swing caused by the OP Bombardment card at the end. But I've run a lot fewer of those decks after Caretaker and Treb were nerfed. If that becomes popular again, then it moves up.

My rationale for Damien is that leader ability replay is one of those insane abilities unique to NG, and even if you manage to disable him, he's often followed by Kingslayer. (And I'm guilty of running that combo when I play my Assimilate deck)

And on further reflection, Draug should be on that list.
Because control is sort of an underlying theme specific to NG both in game and Witcher canon I can see why it's unique to NG and I wouldn't change that. I only wish they put equal thought into the synergy of other factions lol

Regarding Siege I can see how it would be problematic, for me personally it's more of a challenge than annoyance. I play MO but I play disruption cards instead of the usual meta annoyances. So Miruna helps and if I can play her twice using Caranthir it's usually enough to disrupt a siege by taking some of those units for my use, then Imperial Manticore, Rotfiend etc That way the final bombardment has a greater chance of harming them more than it would me. It's risky but i'd say more often than not it works in my favor.

Depending on the faction there may be different approaches. I don't see SY, NR, SK or NG having a problem with Siege. Maybe ST would be a bad match up but that's about it.
Post automatically merged:

Some places with more than one card because they do mostly the same thing. It's about being annoying not op. Except number 7.

1. Philippa Eilhart
2. V. V. M.
5. Keadweni Revenant
6. Malena
7. Tinboy/Wild Boar (I have no idea why ppl still get butthurt about NG, these cards dominate all point slams, and you gotta to be like 25 ahead (good luck with that if you didn't bomb Passiflora and good luck bombing it in time with double defender) or you lose a long round. And nothing you can do. No Caretakers/Bomb Heavers for this nonsense. Especially Tinboy that gets value with as few as 5 units.)
8. Ignis (when lucky with no setup)
9. Kikimore Queen
10. all Skelige cards

Honorable mention for Philippa: Blind Fury for the pissoff potential
Just lock Ruehin....most MO don't carry purify plus it has to be consumed so you can get away with removing it at the end of each round or taking out the consume unit.

Kikimore Queen....move it to the next row. Or lock or take Endrega larvae before it's consumed. Worst case take out Caranthir or the copy of kikimore queen that he summons.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Philippa Eilhart
2. V. V. M.
5. Keadweni Revenant
6. Malena
7. Tinboy/Wild Boar (I have no idea why ppl still get butthurt about NG...
  • Amusing that two of even your top three are NG cards.
  • tbf, most of the hate towards NG is directed at one very specific and very overly abused mechanism.

1) all scenarios, because:
- double and even triple playing it
- being able to activate more than one chapter in one turn
2) all 4-5prov 4-5 damage special cards - all these cards should get 1-2prov more
3) 3 6-damage cards , 2 sk, 1 monsters - should get 2prov more
4) both nr and sy phillipas - ....
5) 4-5prov poison cards. Ng poisons, sc poisons, even sy poisons.
6) maraal the unstoppable
7) matta - make opponent draw highest prov too, or highest power card, or make her 2-3 power.

These cards ruin the game for me.

Also, some op crap:
8) endrega larva (should be 6-7prov)
9) wild boar/tinboy
10) sea jackal/nr lyrian booster guy (easy 13 point bronzes!!!)
11) Gerald Yrden - change him into win a round if your opponent has a boosted enemy.
12) water of brokilon
13) CIRI NOVA - still hate her :)))

And another 100 dead useless cards and that I have to scroll through every time I create a new deck.

1/ All the one hit wonder cards. The one where your only skill is keeping the card til the last card and then using it to turn a defeat into a victory. At times I've actually played quite well and then been butt-f.d by one card. When someone played VVM the other day as their last card expecting a victory and I actually won, I cheered out loud. I might even have sworn too, but probably (not).

2/ Net decks. All the cards and the fact that people play them in exactly the same order, according to instructions. Different opponent, same game. Again, and again, and again ....yep, and I don't even have a drum.

3/ Cards that look good, but aren't: "Epidemic looks good, why doesn't anyone use it?". Answer because it has about 4 targets. They never come up. It wastes space in your deck.

4/ A corollary to (2). Cards played in the same order. Start with card a, go to b, go to ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

5/ Trap cards. Put down a trap. Put down a trap. Put down a trap. Put down a trap. Put down a ... there's rather a lot of repetition in people's 'play'. I do wonder if they quite understand the word 'play' and, indeed, many another. I've played a couple of those for the achievement but then I ditched them. For one thing even from my perspective it was annoying, for the opponent. Well, I'd only not care with the NDWs.

6/ Giggle cards. A bit like trap cards. One where you know your opponent is wetting themselves because it's such a good card e.g. Waters of Brokilon. I suppose 'Epidemic' might have found a home.

7/ Cards with annoying voices: "Tri deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!". Yes, I have tried them. They were less annoying than you and minty too. If you keep on shouting I'll call the noise abatement people and have you slung out.

8/ Unusued cards. Perhaps this will change but there seem to be a lot of cards, Epidemic *cough* (but not in that way) that look pretty and never become part of anything. Maybe we should set up a venue for lonely cards to find themselves a match?

9/ Valueless cards. Those expensive ten-pointers that then deal one damage and have 3 power. Underwhelmed? I wouldn't say that, I'm too busy calculating whether it's better to just burn it for scraps or if one day I'll grow to love it because there's no-one else in my life *sobs*.

10/ Card collections. I made a lot of moving cards (premium, to you but not in a Fisstech sense) because I like them and because I had understood, from reading this forum, that once I'd done so the multiple multiples I'd get at the lower ends (you know, the cards you use to make the deck up to 25 but then discard) would be auto-milled. They haven't been and I now have a load more to mill again.

Probably not quite the answer the OP had expected, but you can just read point 1 for that.
Post automatically merged:

4-5p and power poisons cards
Damien de la tour too cheap, should cost 15p and have 2 of power.

Y'know? I had him for ages. One of the first cards I got. Didn't know who he was. Came to the forums and heard about all this dislike of 'Damien'. Couldn't work out who he was. I don't think he's overpowered. I've had him swiped, copied, smashed and locked easily enough so he does have to be played right. Even when I've done that and had an OK Nilf deck the double use of the ability doesn't guarantee a win. The same goes for the card 'Bribery'. It's given me plenty of rotten choices.

Last edited:
Rot Tosser - what is even the downside of running this card?

...um...I hope that you DO know/see/understand that it's poison attack works only at the end of the opponent's turn (so 2-nd turn in overall after it was deployed) and that you can easily destroy it (it has only 1 HP) before that? It's extremely weak and in very many cases outright USELESS, because of that. Unless you're absolutely 100% sure that the opponent doesn't have any cards that would be able to attack it before it does it's thing (which is usually NOT the case. More often than not the opponent WILL counter it) - it's actually a very hard card to play and fully pull off. It requires tremendously BIG BRAIN and massive planning ahead + a lot of luck.

Last edited:

Guest 4404014

Amusing that two of even your top three are NG cards

Lol I don't just play NG. But Yenvo and VVM are super annoying in mirror games too.

tbf, most of the hate towards NG is directed at one very specific and very overly abused mechanism.

EVERY faction got abusable mechanisms. That's how the game was designed. The NG hating is because NG mechanisms take your cards away.

it's actually a very hard card to play and fully pull off. It requires tremendously BIG BRAIN and massive planning ahead + a lot of luck

Dunno about big brain but as for the annoyance factor, it's definitely there. Nothing pisses them off like a well places cow they can do nothing about.

Top Bottom