Top 10 most annoying cards currently (make a list)

+
I just felt like making a list of the cards that I find most annoying in Gwent. The ones that gets on my nerves and "trigger" me in one way or another. I know alot of people find certain cards or even factions or leaders annoying. But a faction is not a card, but it can be argued that a leader in a way is a card. So, what is your top 10 list of most annoying cards in Gwent at the moment?

Here my list: (in no particular order, or perhaps it is..)

Luiza - Savolla - congrats, you just stole the round/game, outside of the scope and dynamics of the rest of the game
Defender ALL - ok, so I did not have a worthless purify card at hand when you played defender and lost the round and/or game due to it, or I did have purify and won the round/game because of it..
Scenario (ALL) / Bomb Heaver - so you played your round winning guarantee card and won/lost round/game due to it/heaver. Honorable Mention: Double Masquarade ball
Caranthir
- So you spawned another shenanigans deck, huh? Bet you still find gold copies of Nilfgaard (skellen/damien) annoying though...
4p and 5p poison - so you manged to disrupt and turn the whole round around with some 4-5p poison cards, huh? I was defenceless, and/or have to play trash until you spend your poison units. Blue coin, card down R2?
Predatory Dive - so you have a first card scorch, huh, which doesn't even do what it says, forcing me to change my 1st play against MO every round. Honorable mention: those guys who play a card on their side before using PD, thanks for your honorable version of playing this card, appreciate it.
The Great Oak - ok, so you played TGO, understandably. But I'm tired of seeing that card frankly. It's not even unbalanced which is the worst thing about it. Haha.
Blue Stripe Scout - so, your whole gameplan is to just copy bronze units to replay them?
Tourney Joust - The sound of TJ and me realizing you play a deck with alot of special cards sounds like a crying baby in the seat behind me on a transatlantic flight.
Ewald Borsodi - I just realized that anything I have of value will be taken off the board easily in one foul swoop.

So, these are my personal views, but these views have also been reinforced by watching streamers facing the same consequences or situations of these cards. it even feels annoying and frustrating to watch these cards in a game I don't partake in.

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

All I'd wanna say is Azar Javed would be my #1. The faction that atm has the most busted engines/combos has the most frustratingly designed defender(s). It's ridiculous and their 'solution' of merely removing the coins they provided when removed insufficient. A card that always earns a deep sigh from me.

Well, the point here was not for you to agree or disagree, but to make your own top10 lists!
Post automatically merged:

You missed Sea Jackal.

How that card is still 4p...

That may be so, but I don't find Sea Jackal annoying.

Guest 4395314

Azar Javed+Imke+Bincy+any spender= pure evil

My list:
Vattier de Rideaux (yeah just steal my 20+ point engine, I already miss Vanhemar)

Adalbertus Kalkstein (why poison the defender when you can just purify him lol)

Saul de Navarette (aka the 7 provisions you lose on even guy)

Geralt: Yrden (why did I even play that engine)

Thirsty Dame (kill it before it becomes Hulk)

Matta Hu'uri (4 provisions, take it or leave it)

Morkvarg: Heart of Terror (hAhaHAhaHA!1!11)

Lyrian Scytheman and Sea Jackal (The "Big Fours")

Philippa Eilhart (that engine looks sweet, would be a shame if you lost it)

Yennefer's Yoink (You shouldn't have drawn this card ;D)

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4375874

I just felt like making a list of the cards that I find most annoying in Gwent. The ones that gets on my nerves and "trigger" me in one way or another. I know alot of people find certain cards or even factions or leaders annoying. But a faction is not a card, but it can be argued that a leader in a way is a card. So, what is your top 10 list of most annoying cards in Gwent at the moment?

Luiza - Savolla - congrats, you just stole the round/game, outside of the scope and dynamics of the rest of the game
Defender ALL - ok, so I did not have a worthless purify card at hand when you played defender and lost the round and/or game due to it, or I did have purify and won the round/game because of it..
Scenario (ALL) / Bomb Heaver - so you played your round winning guarantee card and won/lost round/game due to it/heaver. Honorable Mention: Double Masquarade ball
Caranthir
- So you spawned another shenanigans deck, huh? Bet you still find gold copies of Nilfgaard (skellen/damien) annoying though...
4p and 5p poison - so you manged to disrupt and turn the whole round around with some 4-5p poison cards, huh? I was defenceless, and/or have to play trash until you spend your poison units. Blue coin, card down R2?
Predatory Dive - so you have a first card scorch, huh, which doesn't even do what it says, forcing me to change my 1st play against MO every round. Honorable mention: those guys who play a card on their side before using PD, thanks for your honorable version of playing this card, appreciate it.
The Great Oak - ok, so you played TGO, understandably. But I'm tired of seeing that card frankly. It's not even unbalanced which is the worst thing about it. Haha.
Blue Stripe Scout - so, your whole gameplan is to just copy bronze units to replay them?
Tourney Joust - The sound of TJ and me realizing you play a deck with alot of special cards sounds like a crying baby in the seat behind me on a transatlantic flight.
Ewald Borsodi - I just realized that anything I have of value will be taken off the board easily in one foul swoop.

So, these are my personal views, but these views have also been reinforced by watching streamers facing the same consequences or situations of these cards. it even feels annoying and frustrating to watch these cards in a game I don't partake in.
Your list fell apart when you only gave Masquerade Ball an "honorable mention" but listed Caranthir, Caranthir only spawns a 1pt unit and they're not "played" which means no deploy activation, easy to remove. In NG their cards are actualy considered "played" which is far worse and often summoned with all their pts. then there's SK and Sigrdrifa's Rite which isn't on the list. Cheaper than Renew and allows them to summon ANY card from the graveyard, no pt limitation.

No Lippy? Crowmother or Flying Redanian?

Your list fell apart when you only gave Masquerade Ball an "honorable mention" but listed Caranthir, Caranthir only spawns a 1pt unit and they're not "played" which means no deploy activation, easy to remove. In NG their cards are actualy considered "played" which is far worse and often summoned with all their pts. then there's SK and Sigrdrifa's Rite which isn't on the list. Cheaper than Renew and allows them to summon ANY card from the graveyard, no pt limitation.

No Lippy? Crowmother or Flying Redanian?

Masquerade Ball was honorable mention subtext to Scenario in general. Meaning it's even worse.

I thought about Lippy actually yes, but I had to remove 4-5 cards I had in the list to narrow it down to 10. But Lippy as a card doesn't really annoy me that much actually.

Caranthir is one of the worst cards of the game IMO. You say he spawn 1 power copy, doesn't matter. Still a gold card of high value it spawns. How is double and triple Damien considered played? It's copied with Letho. Letho cannot copy deploy abilities. So the value is in the post copy version of the card (order), while for Caranthir it is also in the post copy version of the card with many variations.

Sigdrifa is annoying too yes. But that's mostly due to Vildkarl/Champion of Svalblod which also made it into my shortlist.

Why don't you make your own list here? I don't really find Crowmother or Flying Redanian annoying.

rrc

Forum veteran
#1 Bribery - If I have a magic wand to destroy just ONE card from the game, I would use it on this horrible card
#2 Luzia - no risk and high reward and is an engine. It can easily give 15 for 9 on its own and can be close to 20 points with crime decks. Bloody freaking broken and annoying and super lame
#3 Endrega Larva - I would be perfectly fine if it has 1 armor or 6 provisions or thrive on barricade
#3 An Craite Longboat - Why the hell does it have a freaking armor? Every single 4strength 5provisions engines don't have an armor and why this bloody boat? If it loses the armor I will be fine.
#4 Rot Tosser - Why in the * is this card breaking even? It gives +3 to each Thirsty dame and poisons 2 cards and triggers assimilate, spy, and status synergy. Just why? WHY???????? What is even the downside of running this card?
#5 All bloody 4P poison cards
#6 Cerys - She was a great card, then made a good card and now just a lame annoying card.
#7 Crowmother - 4 point carry-over is just too much. It should be 3 points. She can even spawn three crows on deploy, but should be 3 points.
#8 Sythman - In the world cup, Trynet got a 17 (or 19?) point Sythman. He is a bloody 4P. Barclay had the potential for that, but was then limited to a single row even when Dwarfs were nerfed to ground, Yaeven was capable of bringing huge tempo and he was made limited to one row, Mahakam Guard was row locked at 3 for 4P, but then nerfed to 2 strength. Then why is this card not row limited?
#9 Hattori - Not annoying when facing it in game which we never do, but annoying every time I see this card in deck-builder and in main screen. Why does this card exist?
#10 Dol Blathana Bomber - The knife juggler neutral card is much better than her. The only faction bronze which is significantly weaker and junker than a neutral bronze. It is really annoying me whenever I see this junk card in my deck builder.

I really find predatory Dive to be the most annoying. It really gets on my nerves because I have to go "Oh which card(s) am I going to sacrifice this time?"

You missed Sea Jackal.

How that card is still 4p...
Sea Jackal at the moment is the most bronze OP card of the game with Hidden Cache ahahah. In the last turn it could be a 12-13 power card with no preparation needed. Just play it and boost it..

Sea Jackal at the moment is the most bronze OP card of the game with Hidden Cache ahahah. In the last turn it could be a 12-13 power card with no preparation needed. Just play it and boost it..

Well, this thread is not about OP cards, but annoying cards.

Some of those are annoying because are OP and stupid at the same time
1) PREDATORY DIVE: Is it so difficult to change that to work only if you have a card on your field? Cmon..
2) SEA JACKAL - STREET URCHINS: those are crazy in H.C. So, you are using H.C. plus Luiza, so you end a long turn with 9 coins every time. Then you win the game just using a 4 (four) P. card that allow you to do 14 - 11 points with no absolute effort. I lost the count of the game I lost vs H.C. in the last turn due to that s***, not cause of Savolla, Luiza etc but for a 4P card. And the worst is when the opponent play them during the game and casually boost them because they have to much coins for the next profit card. Give them order..
3) LUIZA: I could get that if that was a Special card.. but a 6 body card? I repeat, give that order (as any other card in this game with effect like that)
4) CARANTHIR: just for the fact no gold card should be played more than 2 times. This is not a huge OP card just because MO are not tier 1.
5) 4P e 5P POISON CARD: I think no explanation needed.
6) ALL "SEIZE A UNIT" CARDS: this is the worst mechanic ever. I'm ok with poison (except for the provision) but seize is really really bad. A lot of people explained why very good in other threads. And the most stupid one is? Yes exactly, Philippa from H.C.
7) YENNIFER'S INVOCATION: how is it possible this is 9P? The forum is divided in two factions, mine and the players who say "it's difficult to find a good target". Ok I can understand that but cards should be compared with similar, and there is no other tall remove card like this. Very low provision and you gain that card to use in the next round. Doesn't make any sense with 9P.
8) VANHEMAR: again, the problem is the provision cost. A removal with 3 body and 6 of provision? You are playing NG, so every opponent's card is locked. Example: Van Morlheem (4P, 3 body) + Van. (6P, 3 body) = any card destroyed with 10 P and 6 body. Or, worst, Impostor plus Van.
9) CERYS: why this card is OP is clear to all. ROCHE is similar but is very very difficult to play it good.

Well, this thread is not about OP cards, but annoying cards.
It is annoying because it is OP for a 4P card.

Scenarios in my opinion are really annoying. Even because no all types of decks have one. If they have to exist create more

Caranthir

I disagree with the Oak, is a 13 provision card, powerful like others. And also with Defenders, they are necessary,
All I'd wanna say is Azar Javed would be my #1. The faction that atm has the most busted engines/combos has the most frustratingly designed defender(s). It's ridiculous and their 'solution' of merely removing the coins they provided when removed insufficient. A card that always earns a deep sigh from me.
Agree. 2 of them and every special cards who damage is just wasted against a 1 power unit..

Azar Javed+Imke+Bincy+any spender= pure evil

My list:
Vattier de Rideaux (yeah just steal my 20+ point engine, I already miss Vanhemar)

Adalbertus Kalkstein (why poison the defender when you can just purify him lol)

Saul de Navarette (aka the 7 provisions you lose on even guy)

Geralt: Yrden (why did I even play that engine)

Thirsty Dame (kill it before it becomes Hulk)

Matta Hu'uri (4 provisions, take it or leave it)

Morkvarg: Heart of Terror (hAhaHAhaHA!1!11)

Lyrian Scytheman and Sea Jackal (The "Big Fours")

Philippa Eilhart (that engine looks sweet, would be a shame if you lost it)

Yennefer's Yoink (You shouldn't have drawn this card ;D)
Lyrian Sc. and Sea Jackal are totally different.
To make points with L. you need a looot of preparation, so it is a 3 point or, if you are lucky your opponent is not damaging everything, max a 10-11 points in a long and lucky round.
Sea Jackal instead is a 10-14 instant move without preparation in H.C.

Last edited:
Cahir... just Cahir

This card is my personal peeve in this game. No other card, not even Captain Tussaint-is-my-ward-so-i-take-a-card frustrates me as much as this guy. And yes, i know that there's plenty of ways to move or remove him but even so it offends me on a fundamental level just how much potential power this one card has. I mean, in many situations his description might as well say: If the opponent is playing a boost deck, win the game.
And of course his own power is multiplied by the classic problem of NG not having to specialize and being able to use this card in whatever decks they're playing and further by Letho who can act as a free second Cahir (free since he can still be very effective even when you don't have a Cahir on the board).
It also needs to be mentioned that he gets an even further power up in seasonal modes, where normal limitations get lifted.

Frankly i would like to see this card nerfed into the ground since NG is already plenty powerful, even without him however i admit that's just my own distaste for the card speaking.
At the moment his ability is: If on Melee row then: On every friendly and every enemy turn, whenever any enemy unit on any row gets any amount of boost, boost yourself by the same amount; this ability can trigger any amount of times per each turn. (Oh and just for fun, he can also trigger the NG poison quest)
Perhaps changing one of those variables would still keep him a strong boost counter-play but less overpowered than he currently is.

@dunadan5

Cahir has been mentioned a few times already [here]. Also, there is a thread talking about annoying cards specifically. As such, I've merged your thread.

I've heard alot of people say Cahir is annoying. I haven't personally experienced him as annoying though..

-Damien
-Skellen
-Vattier
-Van Moorlehem
-Yen Invo
-Bribery
-Letho Kingslayer
-Joachim
-Cahir
-Shilard
-Vanhemar
-Fangs
-Thirsty Dame
-Assire
-Hefty Helge
-Cantarella
-Viper Witcher
-Treason
-Assassination

See a pattern here? :D

Non-NG annoying cards:
-Yrden, what a waste of everyone's time.
-Maraal, oh, so you teched in extra purify to counter poison? That's OK, I have Maraal...
-Phillippa, too easy to get value, honestly, should be 11-12
-Luiza, same, and can't counter/play around. No condition. Almost impossible to brick.
-Scytheman, ok, so we're gonna take this away from ST GOLDS, cuz OP, you know, but as an NR bronze, it's cool. Yeah...
-Honestly, sitting there watching the NR "charge" spam nonsense with like 20 charges per turn is pretty freaking annoying.
-Kiki queen spam is also annoying to watch.
-Vysogota might not actually be OP, but damn it's annoying watching him gain like 6 charges in one turn.

Here is my list:
1. Philippa Eilhart - the incarnation of cancer plays, just the thought of your opponent having her makes you hate the game,
2. Masquerade Ball - I could live with one, but the ability to play it twice makes me go mad at times,
3. Endrega Larva - the thought of playing my removals on 1, 2 and 3 power cards gets me going, but you can make a reason of it if their provision cost is similiar, but playing my 4-5p removals just to remove half of a 5p thrive engine is onother thing alltogether.
4. Caranthir(+Kikimore Queen), the combo with the leader ability is disgusting, but individually the cards are more or less fine, if I had to single one out it would be Caranthir for sure, because most cancerous MO combos start with him on the board.
5. Vilgefortz - "Deploy (Melee): Destroy an enemy unit, then your opponent Summons the top unit from their deck to a random enemy row." Nuff said. I could add Tibor, Traheaern, Viper and Cantarella here, but to pick one Vilgefortz would take undisputed number one place here
7. Bribery (+Stefan) - same argument as with Caranthir, you could somehow live with one Bribery in three rounds, but when played one after the other is just ridicoulous
7. Dwarf Berserker - most people will disagree here, mostly because dwarfs are not that strong, but I get an ich whenever I see it on the board, that is until I start playing it eventually, lol (this is personal)
8+ a lot cards fit the bill here, mostly already mentioned, like Saul, Vattier, Cahir, Cerys (only with Lippy), Yen. Invo., Greatswords (even though i main Skellige)...

#9 Hattori - Not annoying when facing it in game which we never do, but annoying every time I see this card in deck-builder and in main screen. Why does this card exist?

LOL!!! :giveup:

Top Bottom