Top priorities to focus on future

+

Surma.

Forum regular
These are in my opinion top priorities to focus on future when police driving, traffic AI and disappearing assets are fixed (if you exclude the work on the expansions).

1. Hacking minigame rework/introduction
Currently game lacks a proper minigame like Witcher 3 which many fans were very keen on, that would be much deeper in scope compared to the "Breaching Into the Code Matrix" you just got a simple code to match numbers with.

You could rework the breaching tool so that the goal isn't to solve 3 variations of separate numbers but rather create a right pattern to form a security word. First letters of access code would already be "decrypted" and what you need anymore is the remaining 3,4 or 5 digits (depending what reward the game decides to throw at player). There's could be a red timer that slowly progresses through the decrypted code and eventually reaches to the end of how much you were able to solve, then flips around and cancels the hack attempt.

During this breaching minigame you could change the number locations in the matrix, delete a row or column, gain energy faster for more moves, allow to pick up letters from other side of matrix and move them faster. Switching through certain letters would require additional cost so player would have to figure out strategies to go around it. There would be even opportunity to add a friendly "white hat" hacker to defend the encryption by creating additional obstacles, and you could have "cyberdeck cards" that allow you to attack the hacker itself to slow it's defense.

Of course these are just some ideas and examples but in my opinion it definitely could use some extra flavor.

2. Introductions to quest givers rather than getting calls from them (quest giver asks to have a moment with you) and on top of this more quests on the street from normal NPC's who request help of mercenary.

Currently the quest feel so impersonal when you just receive them via calls and never really get to meet these people face to face. In Witcher 3 the world felt so alive having to deal even minute tasks like pushing through the door with a spell to help old woman to get her frying pan back. In this game you don't really have small quest givers and very low interaction with the fixers.

You could add all sorts of reasons like it's not safe to discuss business when NCPD could be listening in the calls etc. Also some way to organize and limit available quests so you don't just get showered a new one if you don't want to. Saying no to calls would be first step.

3. Rival mercenary / mercenaries who also take quests from quest givers.
City needs to feel alive but it's like you're currently the ONLY active mercenary in town, in a city of DREAMS. Add a little sparkle by having other motivated people willing to do your work. Adding additional corpses of those mercenaries who failed in zones with gang violence and perhaps even introducing some mercenaries fighting the gangs.

4. Reworking normal conflicts into appearing quests with timers
This to once again make city feel like these events are OCCURRING rather than just scripted events waiting for you to solve.

And during these blue quests making the characters move and act as if they're just passing through or actually doing something in the area rather than all just sit still and waiting for something to happen as you approach the location. More random craziness rather than scripted places like certain gangs blockading the street in certain locations.

5. Drinking and eating animations, taking drugs etc
There's a lot of stuff that are one time events, and many players have asked to repeat them in order to have deeper immersion with the world.

6. Working train stations, removing the quick travel spots
I think this is pretty self explanatory, especially when there's no animation between changing the locations of quick-travel locations without modding.

7. Other smaller tweaks:
- The online websites need to be more interactive and meaningful
- TV station controls need to get better
- There's barely any pictures in emails, and none of the emails are interactive. I mean wouldn't it be cool to have the scam email being clickable that turns the entire computer into crisp or does other weird stuff

8+
The DLC's that have been speculated like car and body modification, hair stylists. In fact I'd even go as far as to start a game without any modification as you'd basically be born that way, and given tools in the game to alter your look, i think that might be pretty sweet.

Last edited:
1- No one wants a tedious minigame, keep it simple, it's repetitive yes, but I don't want to spend 10 minutes breaching a computer to read something.

2- Actually you can obtain more informations about fixers, roaming in their neighborhood and searching around will trigger nice NPC missions :)

3- True, Night City lacks other mercs we can encounter randomly :)

4- I'm okay with that

5- Never experienced missing animations but if it's an issue yes, it should be adressed by CDRP

6- It would be nice but again, very repetitive: you can me amazed the first or second time you ride the train but I guess everyone would skip the travel after that.

7- Yes the ingame net should be bigger and more gameplay-oriented (missions, puzzles...)
TV is great, it's not something I want to watch for hours.

Surma.

Forum regular
1- No one wants a tedious minigame, keep it simple, it's repetitive yes, but I don't want to spend 10 minutes breaching a computer to read something.

Well some people really liked Gwent even though the matches last longer. Not maybe 10 minutes minigame this time but something like 2-5 minutes would be okay change of pace.

All I'm trying to say is that they could add something to "wow what am I doing again" kind of feel to the game rather than after 5 games of getting the hang of how the code matrix works being kind of over to the complexity where you're only left guessing a little longer codes.

Just needs a little something just in my opinion.

Well some people really liked Gwent even though the matches last longer. Not maybe 10 minutes minigame this time but something like 2-5 minutes would be okay change of pace.

All I'm trying to say is that they could add something to "wow what am I doing again" kind of feel to the game rather than after 5 games of getting the hang of how the code matrix works being kind of over to the complexity where you're only left guessing a little longer codes.

Just needs a little something just in my opinion.
Gwent is a game, optional, one can play it or ignore it.

But hacking is part of the gameplay and no thanks, I don't want a real hacking experience when I'm sneaking into Valentinos territory and hacking them to grab some eddies :D

But well, an optional minigame ? Why not :)

Surma.

Forum regular
I mean hacking into machines to get few eddies definitely is optional and even with hacking builds you're not really required to use the code matrix for every situation.

Even currently you only have to hack in entire game like maybe once in the tutorial but that's it.

Like if you look at game like Pokemon Trading Card game for GBC you kinda get what I'm getting at.

This game could have different "cards" or just call them Viruses, from different gangs, having different specialities, some who are more resistant to certain type of code and some which are more vulnerable. Then establishing some kind of energy mechanic where the goal is to destroy enemy defenses in order to breach, or you losing your access point to the machine when failing.

It could even be quicker minigame than what we currently have if you got the right stuff. You could in advance of knowing you want to attack Valentinos pick a deck that favors against Valentino's defenses, some viruses being very effective against vending machine where they are weak against encryptions of brain implants.

There's definitely a ton of room to improve. Perhaps in sequel but still.

And of course I'm not just asking pokemon card game with Cyberpunk skins, they'd of course have to have their own little tips and tricks to do.

Just SOMETHING extra is all I'm asking.

Here's a list of special kind of "cyberdeck cards" I can come up in 5 minutes:

Reupload
Discards remaining deck and pulls out 3 cards

Self Destruct
Deals 1 damage to the encryption whenever card is discarded.

Heavy Hitter
Deals damage to the encryption based on amount of cards enemy deck has compared to yours.

Punch
Deals 2 damage to the encryption but takes entire turn.

Skip
Makes enemy waste next turn but still allows to draw a card.

Reveal
Shows the next 3 upcoming encryption defense cards.

Quick Defend
Shield yourself from any upcoming damage below 3 in next turn.

Hide
Waste entire turn but allows you to avoid all incoming damage next turn.

Rules could be that you have 5 health while "opponent" be it the encryption of safe/cybernetic-implant starts with 3 and slowly over time with more difficulty moves all the way to 10, while also bringing cards that drain your deck and do other types of hazards like only allowing to play 1 card per turn for 3 turns.

Last edited:
These are in my opinion top priorities to focus on future when police driving, traffic AI and disappearing assets are fixed (if you exclude the work on the expansions).

1. Hacking minigame rework
Currently very lackluster and could be much deeper in scope. In normal quickhacking there's already energy meter but in the "Breaching Into the Code Matrix" you just got a simple code to match numbers with.

You could rework the game so that the goal isn't to solve 3 rows of separate numbers but rather create a right pattern to form a security word. First letters of access code would already be "decrypted" and what you need anymore is the remaining 3,4 or 5 digits (depending what reward the game decides to throw at player). There's could be a red timer that slowly progresses through the decrypted code and eventually reaches to the end of how much you were able to solve, then flips around and cancels the hack attempt.

During this breaching minigame you could change the number locations in the matrix, delete a row or column, gain energy faster for more moves, allow to pick up letters from other side of matrix and move them faster. Switching through certain letters would require additional cost so player would have to figure out strategies to go around it. There would be even opportunity to add a friendly "white hat" hacker to defend the encryption by creating additional obstacles, and you could have "cyberdeck cards" that allow you to attack the hacker itself to slow it's defense.

Of course these are just some ideas and examples but in my opinion it definitely could use some extra flavor.

2. Introductions to quest givers rather than getting calls from them (quest giver asks to have a moment with you) and on top of this more quests on the street from normal NPC's who request help of mercenary

3. Rival mercenary / mercenaries who also take quests from quest givers.
City needs to feel alive but it's like you're currently the only active mercenary in town. Add a little sparkle by having other motivated people willing to do your work. Adding additional corpses of those mercenaries who failed.

4. Reworking normal conflicts into appearing quests with timers, making the characters move rather than all just sit still and waiting for something to happen as you approach the location. More random craziness rather than scripted places like certain gangs blockading the street in certain locations.

5. Drinking and eating animations, taking drugs etc
There's a lot of stuff that are one time events, and many players have asked to repeat them in order to have deeper immersion with the world.

6. Working train stations, removing the quick travel spots
I think this is pretty self explanatory, especially when there's no animation between changing the locations of quick-travel locations without modding.

7. Other smaller tweaks:
- The online websites need to be more interactive and meaningful
- TV station controls need to get better
- There's barely any pictures in emails, and none of the emails are interactive. I mean wouldn't it be cool to have the scam email being clickable that turns the entire computer into crisp or does other weird stuff

8+
The DLC's that have been speculated like car and body modification, hair stylists. In fact I'd even go as far as to start a game without any modification as you'd basically be born that way, and given tools in the game to alter your look, i think that might be pretty sweet.
There are great many things much needed to be fixed and lots of great things possible to be added, but your suggestions here? Well... Most are not good.

1. Hacking minigame is perfectly fine, imho.

It has more to it than most folks realise. Among which, it's very possible to get multiple rewards (all three for all the standard access points, and up to five for a few special quest-related ones!); it is possible to "chain" a sequence into another, like, for example, a sequence ends with the same byte another sequence starts with; size of the matrix and length of sequences are both variable, and both can get 2+ times bigger than "beginner level" ones - depending on deck and Int stat i feel.

2. Introductions? Really??

Fixers already introduce themselves, and they are ones who give most of secondary quests. Open world system / NCPD hustles? Well it's NCPD dispatch who "gives" those "quests", and i hardly see her needing to introduce herself. And the other part of your suggestion here - basically "moar quests please"? Well, "duh", that's what DLCs are about, believe me.

3. It is not like you say it is - unless you fail to see great literally hundreds things in the game which show how V is one of great many mercs in town!

Seriosly, it's hundreds, no exagerration. There are great many dead mercs with stories about 'em in shards nearby. There are emails describing how mercs took all sorts of gigs. There are left-overs in the form of destroyed vehicles, corpses of victims, damaged things of all sorts again with stories about what happened there. Yes, most of those things, you don't get to see happening in real time before V's real eyes. But should you? How many "other mercs" should see how V does his/her gigs? Hardly any! And the same is true the other way around.

Heck, there are multiple mercs in Afterlife, Mox' place and whole number of "outdoor" locations who you can see and hear discussing their jobs, what things went wrong, future plans, etc. All there!

Sure, you'll fail to find and see all those scenes and stories if you mindlessly hop from quest marker to quest marker in a hurry to "beat the game", spending no time at all to explore the world of the game on your own. But that would be not the game's problem - it'd be your problem, which nobody but you could fix.

4. "Reworking" conflicts - i guess you mean blue-star street shootouts - into quests with timers is plain bad idea. :(

Why? Because everyone plays the game at their own pace. Some folks like slow, strategical approach. Others blaze in with a katana, either get themselves flatlined - or get everyone else around 'em flatlined. And all sorts in-between those extremes. Simply impossible to have all such conflicts on a timer and not have legions of players really pissed off about "timer being wrong" - either too short or too long.

5. Eating animations - many players would hate it.

Including myself. Why? Because it's repeatedly useless waste of my time. I wanna play, not to see how V drinks 100th bottle of cola. ;)

6. Removing quick travel spots - why do this, if anyone not willing to use them can just never use them? But adding working train stations - now this is one good idea!

Lots of folks asked for working city mass transport in the game, including myself. Spooky even made massively awesome topic with lots of beautiful pictures taken from where mass transit system would take us. And as we see all the infrastructure for the system put in place - which is lots of work! - we can hope that one day, we'll have it properly working, yes.

7. Those small things you proposed - are all good, all three. But there is one "but".

Which is, to have any significant expansion for in-game emails, TV programs / channels and websites - lots and lots of new cool content must be created. This is big, big work to do by talented creators. And while in itself possible, work of this scale is hardly best spent for creating content which is very easy to miss: great many players never pay attention to those "background" things. They just zap through the game without spending time to read (any many) emails, to watch in-game TV shows, to read in-game websites. So you see, there is a balance game creators must maintain: most of their time is best spent for "interactive content which most players will actually play through", like cool side quest and even quest chains; and only "left-overs" of their time is devoted to those "background" things. It is as it should be. With time, gradually, they'll probably expand all those, but i don't think it ever should be any kind of priority for them. Best this way.

8. Ability to change V's appearance during a playthrough, and dramatically so - is very much expected. Especially given pre-release ads and lore about the game. However, i don't think this is any much important in practice.

Because, how much time we spend looking into mirrors - and how much time we spend playing the game otherwise? It's probably 0.1% for the mirror and 99.9% of our playtime for everything else. So, should this be much requested? Well... I doubt it very much.

Bottom line? You sure spent great effort making your list, and i respect your effort. But sadly, most of it is not good. Sorry about saying so. I only do this in hope that above explanations and comments will help you do much better next time. Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom