Torment: Tides of Numenera

+
Volsung said:
I meant engine in a more comprehensive way. But let me rephrase that: indie devs might get to use a whole toolset like the one inXile made for Wasteland 2, including GUI and some gameplay features.

Can't do that, sadly. The engine includes a lot of integrated third person toolsets, so while we could resell/gift parts of it, we can't do all of it. We'll probably look to explore the Unity Store possibilities though. Keep kicking it forward.

This campaign has been fun on our end, hope everyone's enjoying it, haha!

The best subtly delivered "fuck you all" i've heard in a while, on the strength of this i'm going to up my pledge, I like Colin McComb.

I am in love with everything shown/said about this game, and the people developing it. They have my support, and this game is now one of my most anticipated games.

And this is why traditional cRPG's are awesome! These guys are creative, smart AND funny! And they're not afraid to say a good old friendly "FUCK YOU, my dear fans" :)

*** colorful 1980's cartoon transition ***

Meanwhile, in bizzaro world, EA/Acti/Beth keeps kissing executive and fan asses alike.

Volsung said:
Meanwhile, in bizzaro world, EA/Acti/Beth keeps kissing executive and fan asses alike.
Now, now Ea/acti/beth still say fuck you to their fans, they are saying it by their games.

M4xw0lf said:
I have no idea what this is all about, but it was absolutely fun to watch :D/>/>/>/>/>

'The complete book of elves' was an early splat book released for 2nd ed D&D (around 10 years ago IIRC).
It was not well liked and the more common title used in RPG circles is "The Complete Book of the Master Race".

Mechanically, the new classes were severly unbalanced, (hence the jibe about 'not role playing the disadvantages') and the rest of the book pretty much portrays D&D elves as a race of Mary-Sues (hence the 'elves are awesome' bit).

For a 'Let's Read commentary' of it go here. It's also the forum were he got the idea of 'apologising' as a KS goal.

So guy that was lead writer in vampire the masquerade: bloodlines joining the team next stretch goal.

That's like... too many writers by now. Maybe each will write a separate path we can take, depending on our choices? Heh...

Considering planet escape: tournament had 100x more lines than average rpg i consider it a fucking great news.

Brian Mitsoda, thought he was doing something with zombies? Ah well, yay more writers, more prose the merrier for me.

What I'm afraid of is having too many creative minds clashing in the writing department. On the other hand, if they did it with PS:T, they can certainly do it now. PS:T did have a LOT of side-quests based on dialogue, so I guess nobody's talent will go to waste.

In any case, this is probably THE one game I am looking forward to. And TW3. And Wasteland 2. And Project Eternity. Damn.

Wow, I didn't even know this existed till now but I'm in awe with the concept of this game. It's everything I want from Torment in a day and age where that type of deep material is just never covered anymore. I didn't even know about Mark Morgan until Wasteland 2 on kickstarter came up and as usual his musical pieces are amazingly beautiful and immersive. Can't wait to experience this. Man I want to back the physical copy for $65!!

Top Bottom