Torrential Rain typo and Clear Skies bug(?)

+
Torrential Rain typo and Clear Skies bug(?)

So currently Torrential Rain says it sets everyone at the melee row to 1 while this should clearly state the siege row.

On the other hand I encountered a possible bug with Clear Skies or maybe Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry. The card states "Return all affected units to their base strength". Or the third possibility is I've just misunderstood this.
Now the chain of events was
1. Opponent plays Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry which will turn to Gold in 2 turns.
2. I play something.. doesn't matter
3. Opponent plays Blue Stripes Scout buffing the Cavalry to 8.
4. I play Torrential Rain, causing the Cavalry to change to 1.
5. At this point Cavalry changes to a Gold card, still at 1. My opponent plays Clear Skies. What I expected to see is either 4 power or maybe 8 from the scout... However after clearing the skies the Heavy Cavalry is at 3 power which me and my opponent both seemed pretty baffled at.

yeah, clear sky is weird. I have a Skellige deck now where I use clear sky as a healing method... if you have damaged units, deep freeze them or make them wet and then clear sky them they become full strength again.

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Hey,

Thank you for reporting this issue! Our dev team is already investigating it.

As for the Clear Skies, I'm afraid that everything works as designed. If the card will get affected by Fog and its strength will get reduced, after using Clear Skies, fog effect will be removed and its base strength will be restored.
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/6-clear-skies

But shouldn't it A) Return to its base strength when it becomes gold, as gold cards can't be affected by weather, and B) Become 4 strength, given that's what the base strength of Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry is according to GwentDB?

The only way I can think of 3 strength making sense is:
Dun Banner Heavy Cav played - Current strength: 4, Base strength 4
Blue Stripes Scout played on Dun Banner Heavy Cav - Current strength: 8, Base strength 4
Torrential Rain played- Current strength: 1, Base strength 4
Dun Banner Heavy Cav becomes gold - Current strength: 1, Base strength 3 (Base strength reset to current + 2 when it becomes gold)
Clear Weather played - Current strength: 3, Base strength 3

But that's a little counter-intuitive.

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Yeah it seems that Clear Skies are removing all the effects including all boosts, etc.
We will look into it!

Top Bottom