Totalhalibut / Totalbiscuit

+

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

Holy crap....WTF?! What a shitsack!

Holy crap....WTF?! What a shitsack!

Amazing how someone else's misfortune can bring such cowardly haters out from under their slime-infested rocks.

Anyway, there are significant advances being made in treating his kind of cancer, so if he can hang in there a year or two, it may not be as hopeless as it sounds.

Anyway, there are significant advances being made in treating his kind of cancer, so if he can hang in there a year or two, it may not be as hopeless as it sounds.

It's a metastatic cancer that spread to the liver and is too big to operate. It's terminal. At best he lives for more than 5 years, at worst he dies in the next 2 or 3 years. There is no recovering from this.

It's a metastatic cancer that spread to the liver and is too big to operate. It's terminal. At best he lives for more than 5 years, at worst he dies in the next 2 or 3 years. There is no recovering from this.

I don't mean to be extending false hope, but many liver cancers previously thought to be inoperable are in fact operable with latest methods. Only detailed evaluation by an oncologist conversant with the state of the art can make that determination, though.

I don't mean to be extending false hope, but many liver cancers previously thought to be inoperable are in fact operable with latest methods. Only detailed evaluation by an oncologist conversant with the state of the art can make that determination, though.

The issue with this kind of cancer is... Its nigh impossible to remove without... removing the whole affected organ. Even if that were possible, his quality of life would taken a sharp turn for the worst, and the cancer still will spread to other parts...

Some cases you are correct change and this could be one of them but... from what he has described... its nigh impossible.

Getting out of my depth a bit, but especially with liver cancer, it's possible to shrink tumors to make them operable, get the liver to regrow in place, etc. I lost a nephew to liver cancer. But not before they tried everything possible. Inoperable wasn't in their vocabulary.

Getting out of my depth a bit, but especially with liver cancer, it's possible to shrink tumors to make them operable, get the liver to regrow in place, etc. I lost a nephew to liver cancer. But not before they tried everything possible. Inoperable wasn't in their vocabulary.

I hope you are right. Thinking about it is a liver transplant out of the question ?
You got to admire TB still live streaming uploading to youtube and all... i know i wouldn't have the stomach for it in his position. I wish him all the best. I hope he can fight and live long in his condition.
He really doesn't deserve all the hate he is getting and doing stuff like i see on twitter in that screenshot or that post from dooot makes me sick... sure TB has done stupid stuff on twitter and apologized for it and effectively banned himself from social media... and on top of that has gone to therapy for it. This is so unfair.

I hope you are right. Thinking about it is a liver transplant out of the question ?
You got to admire TB still live streaming uploading to youtube and all... i know i wouldn't have the stomach for it in his position. I wish him all the best. I hope he can fight and live long in his condition.
He really doesn't deserve all the hate he is getting and doing stuff like i see on twitter in that screenshot or that post from dooot makes me sick... sure TB has done stupid stuff on twitter and apologized for it and effectively banned himself from social media... and on top of that has gone to therapy for it. This is so unfair.

Yes, a liver transplant may be a possibility. With a metastasized cancer. there's the risk that anti-rejection drugs will enable other silent cancers to grow, though. Whatever, giving up doesn't sound to me like an attractive option.

Last edited:
In the face of SJWs everywhere, who try to get critics FIRED over false accusations, Total Biscuit is a shining beacon of hope, honesty and integrity. He is the last person who deserves this. The last...

I dearly hope he doesn't die, he will be sorely missed if he does.

Unfortunately fame comes with hate.

I never really followed him so I can't say anything about his character but as a gamer I respect his middle leaning stance on the gaming industry at large.

Addresses his plans going forwards. Also says statistics about this form of cancer are taken from patients much old then him. So he stands a good chance of surviving longer than the usual diagnosis.
[video=youtube;g4MnRP-PrnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4MnRP-PrnM[/video]

Unfortunately fame comes with hate.

That kind of apathy and acceptance of online abuse is disturbing. A normal person in real life with even a modicum of ethics wouldn't say something like that to a fellow human being, why should the internet be any different?

It's pretty easy to hurl insults at another person behind a veil of anonymity. It takes more courage to show kindness and restraint to people you don't like.

At any rate, I wish John Bain well and hope that he gives it the good fight.

@sevean: The internet is what it is.. Well for that matter real life too. If you can't handle hate you either need to have a thick skin or let it not be known. There's no solution to fix it without taking away other things we enjoy about the internet.

Internet anonymity is no excuse for vicious hate. Nobody should have to take abuse from cowards hiding behind pseudonyms in addition to fighting for his life. The Internet does not abolish humanity or common decency.

Internet anonymity is no excuse for vicious hate. Nobody should have to take abuse from cowards hiding behind pseudonyms in addition to fighting for his life. The Internet does not abolish humanity or common decency.

I'm not saying I agree with it or condone it. I guess you could say I'm neutrally sliding to your side. But then again that's always been my thought just because how do you go about it.

It's not so different from our "southern hospitality" in a way.

Sorry for the necro, but there's been an important update.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/779352262997139456[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/779352357498916866[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/779352896081162240[/tweet]

You know TB must be optimistic if he's willing to discuss his health in public. Normally it's an off-limits topic. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom