Totentanz not available anymore after "Second Confilct"?

+
Does the Bar icon not show up anymore after the Second Conflict mission? So after that mission you screwed yourself over for ever revisiting this club again? Or does it re-open after some time?

Just noticed the same. After completing the mission the icon is gone and if return to the place I can only go as far as the elevator (which does not work and is marked as "off")
That's a bit lame and disappointing since Totentanz was my favourite place in the game :rolleyes:

I can enter Totentantz just fine after finishing the main story and all side quests, gigs etc. I've just tried it.

The icon is on the map:
cyber_totentanz1.jpg

The elevator is working:
cyber_totentanz2.jpg

And I can access both floors of the bar, dance etc.:
cyber_totentanz3.jpg

Everything seems to be fine. BTW, I am still playing version 1.06 (I did not install later patches as they break too much in PC version). Maybe it is a problem related to the version 1.12 or the console edition?

Last edited:
Playing on PC, version 1.12
Original poster must have been playing on 1.06.
So we can fairly assume this has nothing to do with versions.

Did you, by any chance, save Brick (the imprisonned former ex Maelstrom boss ?) during the mission "Pick Up" ?
I didn't and had to deal with Dum Dum/Royce during the quest to save Nancy.
Maybe that would be an explanation though it's very weird since I got out of Totentanz using the sneak way instead of fighting.
Also it would be very strange that they decided to make this have a repercussion when sooo many choices in this game have zero consequences on the world...

Last edited:
Yes, I did save Brick. But I would be really surprised if it was the reason of this "problem". I guess we need to wait for other players who left Brick for dead to check if it's possible to return to Totentanz.

I did not know about Brick on my first play through, so he should be dead. Checked that character and Totentanz is closed for me. It actually never crossed my mind that it would be open once I completed the quest.

Does the Bar icon not show up anymore after the Second Conflict mission? So after that mission you screwed yourself over for ever revisiting this club again? Or does it re-open after some time?
Maybe a dumb question but, as the saying goes, fixing an appliance starts at checking the power supply.
--> Did you wait sufficient time to see if it would reopen after a short while (say a day)

Ok I will try to go back to Totentanz after a few ingame days and, in the meantime, I will do the last side quests I have remaining (Kerry, Bartmoss)...

If the place is still locked then I guess it's adios to my favourite night club and place in NC :(

No, if you fought Royce and Dum Dum in the Nancy quest, the Totentanz is locked for you. I fought my way out (after sneaking failed :D ) and killed them. Now I cant enter nomore.

If you ignore Brick and kill Royce, You will meet Patricia during the Nancy quest instead, fought past her and you'll be able to return there without issue. Based on that I'm guessing its a bug. As far as I know its the only club you cant re-enter after a quest. Even clubs like 7th Hell remain open after you ransacked the place complete with bartender.

Now I want them to make it so V can buy the club and run it.

No, if you fought Royce and Dum Dum in the Nancy quest, the Totentanz is locked for you. I fought my way out (after sneaking failed :D ) and killed them. Now I cant enter nomore.

If you ignore Brick and kill Royce, You will meet Patricia during the Nancy quest instead, fought past her and you'll be able to return there without issue. Based on that I'm guessing its a bug. As far as I know its the only club you cant re-enter after a quest. Even clubs like 7th Hell remain open after you ransacked the place complete with bartender.

Thanks for the information. Was actually wondering what happens if you killed Joyce without saving Brick, leaving a big vacuum in the Maelstrom leadership...

Definitely looks like a glitch then...
Hopefully they will correct it.

Yes, Hell's Club and even Empathy can be reentered though if you leave your weapons in Empathy's lockers the game will think you are starting the quest and it will pop up in your journal again 😁

Last edited:

based on what your saying the Patricia one is the bug, the other two make sense.

Now I am wondering. I recall in my first run I seem to have been able entering, and I have in every run so far destroyed Royce. Now I am not sure though if I entered on account of the mission or if I visited it also just because at some point. Would have to check that out.
I did get to meet with Patricia that time, yeah. When she says she remembered me because of the Royce thing I knew I wasn't gonna leave without killing her and some maelstrom gangers, even if she said I actually 'helped'.

I saved Brick, but Royce and Dum Dum were also still alive. Successfully sneaked out during Nancy's mission, but when I tried to revisit the club much later, everyone was hostile and started shooting, while I couldn't even draw a weapon/use my fists! Really stupid! XD

I'll definitely kill Royce in my new playthrough for good! Could never kill Dum Dum though, because I like him.

Last edited:
I'll definitely kill Royce in my new playthrough for good! Could never kill Dum Dum though, because I like him.
Dum Dum was always a casualty of war, imho.
I would've liked it if, depending on certain outcomes, if he'd sneak out and that you can come across him later.
[Edit] my writing is off again...

Last edited:
This is getting more and more interesting

So some people like me have the club closed after "Second Conflict", some have it open and can return like normal and some have it open but get attacked by Maelstroms ? :ROFLMAO:

If devs planned to have the club closed after you get in a fight well...why not.
But they should then also take into account people like me who managed to just sneak out like Nancy suggests. In that case no fight and no alert or suspicion raised, there is no reason why the club should be closed later on.

Last edited:
Dum Dum was always a casualty of imho.
I would've liked it if, depending on certain outcomes, if he'd sneak out and that you can come across him later.

Ha, or if you could take him as a hostage... I mean being a techie he must be quite valuable to Maelstrom, right? :D

V: "Jackie, I'll shoot us out of here!"
Jackie: "What do I do?"
V: "Carry Dum Dum!"

Ha, or if you could take him as a hostage... I mean being a techie he must be quite valuable to Maelstrom, right? :D

V: "Jackie, I'll shoot us out of here!"
Jackie: "What do I do?"
V: "Carry Dum Dum!"
And while you keep him hostage you may even become the best of friends ;)
I wonder, if he'd be a possible companion, how well would he get along with Johnny 'nuke 'em' Silverhand.

And while you keep him hostage you may even become the best of friends ;)
I wonder, if he'd be a possible companion, how well would he get along with Johnny 'nuke 'em' Silverhand.

Well he wouldn't be able to hear or see Johnny, but listening to Johnny bickering about Dum Dum would probably cause V some nasty headaches (though I think it would be amusing!). ;)
Post automatically merged:

And no, different experience here, the bar icon definitely showed up for me!

Last edited:
How awesome would it be if all Maelstrom gangers actually did have the unique ability to observe Johnny projections due to their unique ocular devices.

Regardless of wether Dum Dum would be able to see Johnny (I would love it if it he would) I can imagine how that would go down. Damn that would make for funny 'television' hah. :)

Top Bottom