Totentanz not available anymore after "Second Confilct"?

+
This is getting more and more interesting

So some people like me have the club closed after "Second Conflict", some have it open and can return like normal and some have it open but get attacked by Maelstroms ? :ROFLMAO:

If devs planned to have the club closed after you get in a fight well...why not.
But they should then also take into account people like me who managed to just sneak out like Nancy suggests. In that case no fight and no alert or suspicion raised, there is no reason why the club should be closed later on.
Interesting it is, yes.

There are two more interesting parts to the whole Totentanz thing which i discovered, but not resolved so far:

- "technical floor". The elevator has it (being 3rd option after ground level and the upper floor proper), but _only_ before any quest involving Totentanz! Discovered that just going into the building prior to getting any quests leading to it, but did not go to that "technical floor" at the time, thinking "OK, this is clearly a location some quests involve, so i'll explore that technical floor later, when some quest leads me there". But once i got a quest into the building - the button to enter "technical floor" was no longer there in the elevator! I have early saves and may go check it out later on, but for now it's a mystery to me;

- a "hostile" area triggering even when visiting Totentanz main floor prior to any quests in some corners close to the edge / hackable terminal one has to jump to, and a place which seems like a passage which requires some kind of leg 'ware to jump high enough to go through nearby. When i spotted it, it was early game and i had no leg implant at all, and thus could not go through. Could be a simple and short empty deadend, of course - but it's like much "backwards", sort of "service-like looking" passages, thus i suspect it ain't.

Overall, given the crowd, structure and features of the location, i suspect we have some cut content in there which did not make into release. Hopefully will be restored / added with a DLC.

Maybe the devs will fix this situation (doubtful) or someone will come with a mod or a command in the cyber engine (which I haven't used at all yet).

Otherwise it looks like I'll have to start another playthrough just to have a "100% end game save" that allows me to go rave at Totentanz...
Also missed saving Takemura so it's not like my current save is perfect anyway...

Last edited:
But once i got a quest into the building - the button to enter "technical floor" was no longer there in the elevator! I have early saves and may go check it out later on, but for now it's a mystery to me

You can get to this floor after finishing the quest. Here's how to do it:

1. Exit the elevator and go to the end of this corridor:
cyber_totentazn_technikal1.jpg

2. Climb this scaffolding:
cyber_totentanz_technical2.jpg

3) Jump up:
cyber_totentanz_technical3.jpg

4) Go this way:
cyber_totentanz_technikacal4.jpg

5) Beware! Some clipping geometry all over the place:
cyber_totentanz_technical9.jpg

6) Now go there. You'll find yourself on the other side of Totentanz and you won't be able to go through the wall:
cyber_totentanz_technical5.jpg

7) Go this way instead and you'll be able to penetrate the wall and go inside the club on the technical floor:
cyber_totentanz_technical6.jpg

8) And you are inside:
cyber_totentanz_technical7.jpg

9) You can find an elevator there. And since all doors in this area are permanently locked it might get you down to the other floors:
cyber_totentanz_technical8.jpg

When i spotted it, it was early game and i had no leg implant at all, and thus could not go through.

If you mean this area of Totentanz....
cyber_punk_sika1x.jpg

...there's not much to do there. You can enjoy some great vistas or get back to the club via different route. ;)

If you mean this area of Totentanz....
View attachment 11176928
...there's not much to do there. You can enjoy some great vistas or get back to the club via different route. ;)
Not exactly "this" area, but one "inside" not far from it. I took the time to go there with an earlier save where i got the hover legs, so here's the deal:

start with going into this shorest r-shaped passage with a ladder:
Totentanz_way-up_p1.jpg

when in it and turned left, you'll see a door shortly ahead, to your right:
Totentanz_way-up_p2.jpg

The door is unlocked (at least in this earlier save of mine), and entering it triggers "area: hostile", as you can see:
Totentanz_way-up_p3.jpg

I have no clue why and what for. It's a single small room seemingly having nothing in it.

As for that spot which needs some leg 'ware to climb it - it's visible from the spot couple meters from that same door, as seen here:
Totentanz_way-up_p4.jpg

And i found it leads to loads of catwalks, with all the mad lightning effects, and further leads to lots of missed geometry, made "seen from inside" views of much of the building, and sure enough one can fall through to one's death (unless one has hover legs and reacts quickly by jumping back to whereever one fell from).

Overall, nothing oh so special - except that "hostile area" room which quite puzzles me. Any idea why it's there?

The door is unlocked (at least in this earlier save of mine), and entering it triggers "area: hostile"

I guess it's not "hostile" anymore if you finish the quest without resorting to violence:
cyber_totentanz_mystery1.jpg

And i found it leads to loads of catwalks, with all the mad lightning effects, and further leads to lots of missed geometry

Yes, in "Second Conflict" this area might be used as one of many ways to gain advantage during combat or stealth.
cyber_totentanz_mystery2.jpg

You can also access it from the other side:
cyber_totentanz_mystery3.jpg

Overall, nothing oh so special - except that "hostile area" room which quite puzzles me. Any idea why it's there?

My guess it that there's no mystery in all of this. It's just one of the hostile areas of the club (backstage) that the player should not enter during the quest in order to avoid triggering the fight.

Really love the direction this post is heading :)

But I still don't understand why the club is closed despite me not getting into any kind of fight...

Maybe the club is closed because Maelstroms have hired new IT experts and are upgrading their systems after Nancy apparently hacked some information :ROFLMAO:
By the way, do we ever learn what kind of sensitive material or big scoop she stole from the gang?

Nothing to add to the conversation besides expressing my thanks for the reminder to go track this place down, and thus equally my thanks for the map :)(y) V1 passed through here on whatever mission and didn't give it much thought thereafter, now I know it's just a straight-up visitable club and immediately became V2's favourite place in the city to go rave her .... off after a hard day's mercing. Sweet, this game keeps on revealing more and getting better. Come on devs, it's bad enough actual society being shut down, get this place open no matter whereabouts you are mission-wise, who cares if we've offed a few of their guys and gals, our club money is as good as anyone's, no? :p

based on what your saying the Patricia one is the bug, the other two make sense.
But the Royce outcome seems to be the exception to the rule. You kill Jotaru and everyone in his club, come back a week later and the bartender will tell you about new management. 7th Hell will simply stay open, you can dance and drink. The enemies(including the guy at the door who wouldnt let me in the first time) will be gone.
Most locations will be cleaned up and locked or cleaned up and open again. The Royce outcome seems to be the one where that cleanup script doesnt trigger and the one club that doesnt reopen.

In fact,
2021-02-16_0552_1.png

All the dead are still there, now three(ingame) weeks or so later. The ones on the bottom floor and the ones up at the club(you can see the crosses where the bodies are). Maelstrommers outside and around the building do still spawn in.

The only other enemies that dont dissapear after you shoot them are the Arasaka guards around their compound, probably because you arent supposed to attack them and they arent tied to any quest. I dont know many other cases where that happens(one figure dies and his body stays around but he has a special item on him).

But the Royce outcome seems to be the exception to the rule. You kill Jotaru and everyone in his club, come back a week later and the bartender will tell you about new management. 7th Hell will simply stay open, you can dance and drink. The enemies(including the guy at the door who wouldnt let me in the first time) will be gone.
Most locations will be cleaned up and locked or cleaned up and open again. The Royce outcome seems to be the one where that cleanup script doesnt trigger and the one club that doesnt reopen.

In fact,
View attachment 11177540
All the dead are still there, now three(ingame) weeks or so later. The ones on the bottom floor and the ones up at the club(you can see the crosses where the bodies are). Maelstrommers outside and around the building do still spawn in.

The only other enemies that dont dissapear after you shoot them are the Arasaka guards around their compound, probably because you arent supposed to attack them and they arent tied to any quest. I dont know many other cases where that happens(one figure dies and his body stays around but he has a special item on him).

well, its possible its an error, but its also possible you aren't supposed to retain access. There are other places you no longer have access depending how you interact in the quest

Does anyone know if this mod would allow me to edit my save in order to reopen the club ?
Save Editor (Project CyberCAT-SimpleGUI) at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community

Would also be interested in trying it to have poor Takemura still alive since I unfortunately did not save him (I did not know you could, was even sure he managed to save himself like a big boy and would reappear later...) :ROFLMAO:

I'm almost 100% finished with the game, I have 200 hours of very enjoyable gameplay behind me and I don't really feel like starting a new playthrough for those two details :LOL:

Last edited:
Most locations will be cleaned up and locked or cleaned up and open again. The Royce outcome seems to be the one where that cleanup script doesn't trigger and the one club that doesn't reopen.
I believe this to be true, my V flatlined Royce and forgot to save Brick (honest mistake :( ), had to deal with Patricia, so ended up blasting her way out of the club via SMG, revolver and a few grenades, heh

I used a mod to teleport back into the club, to find many flatlined Maelstrom gang members still there, a few hostile areas and even a few remnant wandering Maelstrom gang members, who attacked (a defenceless/ an unable to use weapons) V whilst exploring the now locked club ':/

This would suggest that the normal cleanup procedure is not applied to Totentanz, or suggest that the situation concerning it is affected by a bug/ incomplete implementation, as there are other places which stay locked (Clouds comes to mind, which my V also revisited via teleport), but the neutralised targets have all been removed following the mission (admittedly, I used non-lethal stealth for Clouds on the other hand).

Just so you know : I've tried messing with the save editor, changing the quest facts affecting sq011 (Second Conflict) and in particular those like "totentanz_cleanup" but my attemps produced no result... :(

We're now 10 months after release and I can't even see a mod that corrects this...
Very strange

Top Bottom