Touchscreen Support [Surface Pro 4]

+
Touchscreen Support [Surface Pro 4]

I'm a little worried about how much time playing Gwent this opens up, but I was trying it out without a keyboard on my Surface. Touch equivalence to mouse is about 90%: taps, long presses, etc seem to be able to control most of the basic functions.

​Still can't play though, as the only way I see to exit a mulligan and start a game doesn't work: it doesn't register a long press as right button hold, nor did I notice a button option. Tooltips are all mouse based, of course. Being that touchscreen PCs and 2-in-1s and the like are the only growing PC segment, it seems it might make sense to support them. Also, if there's a Mac client, the new Pros don't have an "esc" key which could prove problematic.

​Any plans for modern PC and touch support?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, this game is made for consoles and ported for PC, dont even dream they will support ultrabooks with touch screen :)

makor86;n6887150 said:
lol, this game is made for consoles and ported for PC, dont even dream they will support ultrabooks with touch screen :)

makor86;n6887150 said:

It could be a success though, how many people would enjoy playing this on public transport or anywhere else? If I were CDPR I'd really think about it. And I'm saying this being a person who doesn't have a tablet nor plans to.

What can I say... I'm an optimist. The idea of kicking back and playing some Gwent while visiting family or at an airport is too much to resist! Especially on a platform it's already available on. Grabbing a keyboard is easy enough, but the tablet form factor has its advantages.

Can confirm gwent doesnt support touch screens. E.g. "right mouse button" doesnt work so you need to wait until the time is out. So sad they dont even care to bind all functions while porting from console to PC :/ Looks like their slogan "PC first" today is just a slogan.

Last edited:
morskittar;n6886890 said:
I'm a little worried about how much time playing Gwent this opens up, but I was trying it out without a keyboard on my Surface. Touch equivalence to mouse is about 90%: taps, long presses, etc seem to be able to control most of the basic functions.

​Still can't play though, as the only way I see to exit a mulligan and start a game doesn't work: it doesn't register a long press as right button hold, nor did I notice a button option. Tooltips are all mouse based, of course. Being that touchscreen PCs and 2-in-1s and the like are the only growing PC segment, it seems it might make sense to support them. Also, if there's a Mac client, the new Pros don't have an "esc" key which could prove problematic.

​Any plans for modern PC and touch support?

We will support it but in the future :)

I use the touchscreen on my PC to play Gwent a lot as my mouse is missing batteries I don't want to replace. The only things I can't do are ESC and right click actions but otherwise it's good. I love flicking the cards into play and holding the coin to pass. I can't wait until it's fully supported though.

Yes please focus on releasing the game and nilfgaard! So we can do the wipe and start our real collections!

But in future, if we can play this on the phone.... I can play on the way to work...the addiction is real ><

Gwent on Surface 4 Pro - Really bad results.

The touch controls are really bad and unresponsive, a lot of the time when I touch cards it doesn't respond and I have to press the cards multiple times for it to react. Same with scrolling, it seems like in the deckbuilder you can't scrolls through the cards unless you scroll using the tiny gaps between the cards.

The framerate overall is very low too - even on lowest graphics it must be somewhere around 20FPS (I can play Hearthstone on my Surface at around 50 FPS).

Overall it's a bad experience at the moment, pretty much unplayable - I really hope the game is improved for tablet devices in the future as it's my go-to device for this type of game. :D

You should rephrase that: "Hey guys, just wanted you to know that the game runs even on devices that are not supported at this time."

GrizzledLone;n7388820 said:
You should rephrase that: "Hey guys, just wanted you to know that the game runs even on devices that are not supported at this time."

The Surface is basically just a windows laptop with a touchscreen. Fair enough Gwent has bad touch controls at the moment, but the optimisation really needs work.

GrizzledLone;n7388820 said:

Surface 4 Pro does run Windows 10. The problem is the controls, not the device per sé. He could have used a mouse instead. In short: touch controls is a no go at this point.

Surface and one button

Hello, im playing at sureface (win10 tablet) and everything is fine expect one thing. When is swapping card time, and im happy with my cards i must wait for timer, because in tablet mode there is no way click and hold right mouse button. If its possible, please add button, "FINISH CARD SWAPPING". Thank you

Test Report Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Hi,

thrilled to be in the closed beta. Love the game, although I'm still crap at it.

I've tested the current version (0.8.37) on my Microsoft Surface and had a few issues when I tried playing with the touch controls.

1. The game does in no way react to the Surface Pen. Tapping the pen should be equal to a left-click, tapping the pen while holding the right-click-button or holding in place for a bit should issue a right-click.

2. Tapping and Dragging with a finger works, Holding the finger in place for a right-click does not.

3.More of a design suggestion, but since there does not seem to be an onscreen button for the forfeit menu, I could not quit a game with only touch controls.

I realize the priority for fixing this is probably low, since the player base playing with a Microsoft Surface is small, but well, I enjoy playing card games on it.^^

No Title

Hey,

I have the exact same problem, but not on tablet, but when i play on my PC (Win 10 GoG version). I play mostly Scoia'tael, and this is really annoying bug...

I tried every key on my mouse and keyboard, but i cannot speed up the timer when changing cards (Francesca) or even when changing cards on game start. Basically, i need to wait every time for a timer to finish.

In the same time, i often see my opponents quickly changing cards. I see the "hold to pass" (ot it's polish translation, because i play in polish version) text, but the icon is grey and i cannot do anything except wait these 30 seconds...

Any possible fix for this or suggestions?

Attachments

• photo101290.jpg
    photo101290.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 118
Surface Pro 4 resolution and touch input

I was waiting to get into the closed beta for the PC version as i recently purchased a Surface Pro 4 and liked the idea of playing wherever i want to. The game works fine except for the fact that it can´t handle the "special" 3:2 aspect Ratio of the Surface yet. The options available in the settings menu never provide full "fullscreen" on the Surface as there are always black borders top and bottom. I also would love to have better touch controls. I know this is very specific but i think the mobile use of Gwent is of Course considered by the developers. Or isn´t it? ;)

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Gwent is meant to be played with either a mouse or a controller. CDPR might eventually release a mobile version and with it touch support. Other threads already exist, discussing the problems with the Surface Pro:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...660-gwent-on-surface-4-pro-really-bad-results
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/tech-support-ac/7405140-surface-and-one-button

As for the limited resolution options, I've made a thread about it to gather all the suggestions from other users:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...-screen-resolution-aspect-options-to-the-game

I have no official answer to this, but I would imagine that even if Gwent is released for mobile and touchpad devices, there is a chance that 100% support may not be possible for oddball "innovations", like 3:2 resolutions.

(Eyes Microsoft's R&D department: :confused:)

Do you have the option of scaling the screen resolution to a 3:4 or 16:9? If so, you should be able to play at a lower resolution with black bands or borders, but everything should line up.

Top Bottom