Tough times - Difficult decisions. Thank you, CD Projekt!

+
Hello! Dear CD Projekt Red! i'm a big fan of your games. I am very impressed with the game and do not regret pre-ordering at all - any of your games is a must have for me. You have been and still are one of the most respected game development companies out there, and that won't change. It is a rough start, and it is obviously that you didn't have time to finish some things. But the core of the game is excellent! The Game just need some polishing and a few fixes to shine. Bugs are temporary. But i hope you will do some work on the AI of enemies and police, especially in the open world in future DLCs. Some mechanics are incomplete but have a good potential. I hope that in future expansions you will be working not only on new story missions, but also on the basic mechanics of the game. In general, the game is wonderful, the plot is beyond praise. Please don't listen to the unstable crowd - they have a goldfish memory and a complete lack of common sense. Times are tough now, and most normal people realize that you just ran out of time and no longer had the opportunity to delay the release. Being an game development industry worker myself, I hope to work for you someday in the future.

Last edited:
You buy a car, it has loads of issues...... you don't thank the salesman for his best efforts. 8 years to get the game right, and it's broken, particularly for console gamers. For any other purchase, you'd get a refund for a faulty or not as described product. But, apparently, in this case it is okay for us to wait months for the chance it might be partially fixed. I'm not particularly feeling like saying thanks. [...]

You buy a car, it has loads of issues...... you don't thank the salesman for his best efforts. 8 years to get the game right, and it's broken, particularly for console gamers. For any other purchase, you'd get a refund for a faulty or not as described product. But, apparently, in this case it is okay for us to wait months for the chance it might be partially fixed. I'm not particularly feeling like saying thanks. [...]
Well, you cant patch a car. But it is sure posible for a game. 8 years is just a number. This is game development - anything can happen. They needed more time, but it was impossible to delay again. But work on the game is not finished yet. They are working on it today, and they will be working on it tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow.

Well, you cant patch a car. But it is sure posible for a game. 8 years is just a number. This is game development - anything can happen. They needed more time, but it was impossible to delay again. But work on the game is not finished yet. They are working on it today, and they will be working on it tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow.

Well, of course you can fix a broken car. But no need to stretch the analogy or take it overly literally. The game is shoddy, and for some people broken. By the time it's fixed, you would have been better off waiting and not paying the new game premium price. I fully expect patches to fix bugs for new games, it's how game development has gone, but this is pushing even that convention.

Well, of course you can fix a broken car. But no need to stretch the analogy or take it overly literally. The game is shoddy, and for some people broken. By the time it's fixed, you would have been better off waiting and not paying the new game premium price. I fully expect patches to fix bugs for new games, it's how game development has gone, but this is pushing even that convention.
What so "premium" in that price? More than that - there is only one edition, unlike many other games of other companies that make the "Digital Speshul Delux Edition" with three more hats and one extra quest for extra cost of 30$. It is your analogy, that was wrong in the first place. Cars are not like games at all. Few patches, and the game will shine. Broken car will never shine. You can't fix a car online.

What so "premium" in that price? More than that - there is only one edition, unlike many other games of other companies that make the "Digital Speshul Delux Edition" with three more hats and one extra quest for extra cost of 30$. It is your analogy, that was wrong in the first place. Cars are not like games at all. Few patches, and the game will shine. Broken car will never shine. You can't fix a car online.

Apologies I wasn't that clear. When a game comes out, if you buy physical, you have the option of buying full price on day one, but if you wait a couple of months it will retail for about 40% off. In this day and age video games RRP is more of a day one price, rather than a realistic medium-long term retail price. If I buy day one, but it's broken for 2 months, that's a waste of my money and not really on. I've returned my copy and got a refund. I now have the option of buying again cheaper if it ever gets fixed. That isn't the way things should work surely. Something this broken shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. CDPR are now offering everyone refunds, so I guess they appreciate my point even if you don't.

Top Bottom